Author Topic: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2  (Read 249072 times)

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
Re: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
Pavel Mikhailovitch..are you describing a dream, or a vision? Either way you made quite real.
I meant to say you made it quite real. It was well Maria didn't have jewels sown into her clothes. She was such a powerful person physically ,that added protection  would have made her death even more of an ordeal...if that was possible

Hmm Indeed. Some accounts give all four as having been armoured - others only OTA.

Realistic? I'd run it through in my minds eye over and over agin trying to reconstruct it. I had it well rehearsed. All it took I suppose was for it to be reenacted 'involuntarily'.
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2010, 08:03:02 AM »
A little off topic, but it makes more sense that M.N didn't have any 'armour'.

* She went first to Yekaterinburg
* Alexandra sends the coded 'medicines' message from Yekaterinburg to tobolsk
* OTA prepare their 'medicines', then go to Yekaterinburg
* The guards at Yekaterinburg are noted as wandering into the rooms at will and without warning and taking things. In this case it is unlikely they would have risked opening up their corsets to 'redistibute' the jewellery to include M.N. as a guard could have burst in at any time.

Let me look back. Farewell, you bowers
Where days would float by lazily,
Where first I yielded to the powers
Of passion and of reverie!
And you, oh youthful inspiration,
Come, rouse anew imagination -
Upon the dull mind's slumbers break,
My little nook do not forsake;
Let not the poet's heart know capture
By sullen time and soon grow dry
And hard and cold and petrifyHere in the world's benumbing rapture,
This pool we bathe in, friends, this muck
In which, God help us , we are stuck.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:11:41 AM by Pavel Mikhailovitch »
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »
A little off topic, but it makes more sense that M.N didn't have any 'armour'.

* She went first to Yekaterinburg
* Alexandra sends the coded 'medicines' message from Yekaterinburg to tobolsk
* OTA prepare their 'medicines', then go to Yekaterinburg
* The guards at Yekaterinburg are noted as wandering into the rooms at will and without warning and taking things. In this case it is unlikely they would have risked opening up their corsets to 'redistibute' the jewellery to include M.N. as a guard could have burst in at any time.
lol! But of course! I wasn't looking down on Marie for being without a coat of 'medicines'! lol!  She was a test case of searching along with her parents by going Yekaterinburg. They would never undo their needle work from  Tobolsk once at Yekaterinburg!  But it was well she didn't have the extra protection being so strong already. However you very ably defend Mashka's honor! I salute you!

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »
* You can quote most of Eugene Onegin and find any excuse to puit it in. (this muck/in which, God help us we a re stuck :))

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
Realistic? I'd run it through in my minds eye over and over again trying to reconstruct it. I had it well rehearsed. All it took I suppose was for it to be reenacted 'involuntarily'.
What I meant was when reading your account, the emotions and images felt quite real . As if one was "there".

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Beautiful_Anastasia

• Boyar
  • I love Chris Massoglia!!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Blackrock Panthers
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
Pavel Mikhailovitch..are you describing a dream, or a vision? Either way you made quite real.
I meant to say you made it quite real. It was well Maria didn't have jewels sown into her clothes. She was such a powerful person physically ,that added protection  would have made her death even more of an ordeal...if that was possible
Really? I didn't know that. All the accounts I've read have stated with full confidence that all of OTMA were armoured. Your theories make sense Pavel Mikhailovitch and BlessOTMA; I suppose one could never know unless we were Maria Nikolaevna herself...what an honour that would be! See, you learn something new on this forum every day. God bless Maria Nikolaevna!
Emily x

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:48 AM »
author=Beautiful_Anastasia link=topic=14240.msg439573#msg439573 date=1273759806]
Really? I didn't know that. All the accounts I've read have stated with full confidence that all of OTMA were armoured. Your theories make sense Pavel Mikhailovitch and BlessOTMA; I suppose one could never know unless we were Maria Nikolaevna herself...what an honour that would be! See, you learn something new on this forum every day. God bless Maria Nikolaevna!
Emily x
I believe one of the executioners stated  Maria's body didn't have jewels...and he thought this meant she wasn't trusted by  the others. Pavel Mikhailovitch pointed out the reasons she didn't have jewels in her clothing ( if indeed that was the case) ...it certainly was not due to a lack of trust! ...but because she was with her parents when the jewels were sown in the clothes etc. Indeed, God bless Maria Nikolaevna!

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Beautiful_Anastasia

• Boyar
  • I love Chris Massoglia!!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Blackrock Panthers
« Reply #457 on: May 13, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »
author=Beautiful_Anastasia link=topic=14240.msg439573#msg439573 date=1273759806]
Emily x
I believe one of the executioners stated  Maria's body didn't have jewels...and he thought this meant she wasn't trusted by  the others. Pavel Mikhailovitch pointed out the reasons she didn't have jewels in her clothing ( if indeed that was the case) ...it certainly was not due to a lack of trust! ...but because she was with her parents when the jewels were sown in the clothes etc. Indeed, God bless Maria Nikolaevna!
Exactly. Poor Maria. Although, I suppose, if she'd had had jewels, then she would have suffered for longer, so maybe it was good that she didn't? I would love to go back and insist that they all wear full body armour.
Emily x

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #458 on: May 13, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
I would love to go back and insist that they all wear full body armour.

I would love to go back and get them out.  Or better still, get them out before they went to Ipatiev House.  It would have been easier then.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 13, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »
Pavel Mikhailovitch, that is really frightening! I hope everything is ok now!

I find the idea that Maria was not "armored" to be very interesting. I never even considered that before.

There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #460 on: May 13, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »
I just read Pavel's account of his dream/vision.  Spooky.

**Twilight Zone theme begins to play, Rod Serling comes on screen**

"Submitted for your approval, one Pavel Mikhailovitch, who while falling asleep one day, took a trip back in time and space and wound up in, The Twilight Zone."

For those of you unfamiliar with the Twilight Zone, it was an American TV show that ran from 1959 to 1964, hosted by the late Rod Serling.  It featured stories that dealt in science fiction/fantasy/horror.  Also, this show featured many young actors who would go on to become famous, Robert Redford, Burt Reynolds, and Dennis Hopper being some of them :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:30:16 PM by TimM »
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »
Pavel Mikhailovitch, that is really frightening! I hope everything is ok now!
I find the idea that Maria was not "armored" to be very interesting. I never even considered that before.
I was thinking about that yesterday while doing the dishes of all things... that if  one of them didn't have the armor of the jewels, it was well it was Marie. Her physical strength along with that  would have simply prolonged her martyrdom, which bless her, was far, far  too long already . Pavel Mikhailovitch's  account reminded me of those  thoughts . When we do things on autopilot, interesting thoughts can rise up.

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »
Hope you don't mind - i've 'rebegun' the grizzlier bits here. (p20)

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?topic=1230.285

We could just end up with two conflicting threads though!

Thanks for all your comments. It's 0456 in the UK. I've just woken up suddenly sweating buckets. Hmmmm.................

C'mon: This is supposed to be a fun thread! :)

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
YKYOWTR'S when you watch the movie "Anastasia (1997)" over and over !!!!!

Offline amartin71718

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
And point out all the inaccuracies. I've done that so much I can't even watch the movie anymore.
I'm back on my bull****.