Author Topic: Alexandra Feodorovna Biography - In English Which To Buy?  (Read 13042 times)

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
Re: Alexandra feodorovna biography
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »
Marfa Mouchanow was either Princess Catherine Radziwell or Count Paul Vassili.

Was not Princess Catherine Radziwell and Count Paul Vassili one in the same? I may be confused, but I always thought Count Paul Vassili was Ms. Radziwell's first pen name.
I haven't read the Marfa "memoir" yet, but it's my impression that it was written with a positive tone towards Alexandra. Whereas Ms. Radziwell wrote, from my recollections, rather negatively about Alexandra.  Is that right? I'm so zonked with essays and exams right now my memory might be off. But, if I'm on the right track, it seems odd to me that Radziwell would write so kindly of Alexandra only to later cut her up like sushi.

Also, I've always wondered, but never found an answer, when did we find out that the Marfa "memoirs" were falsified? And on what proof? I don't believe that the Marfa "memoirs" are correct, but I've always wondered when it was that they were cast out, and on what basis was it discovered to be a fake.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:00:08 PM by Alixz »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »
Marfa Mouchanow was either Princess Catherine Radziwell or Count Paul Vassili.

Was not Princess Catherine Radziwell and Count Paul Vassili one in the same? I may be confused, but I always thought Count Paul Vassili was Ms. Radziwell's first pen name.

Laura, I was always led to believe that the two names belonged to the one author.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:25 AM »
I also read a long ago here in the forum that Count Paul V. and Catherine Radziwill are one.
Marfa Mouchanow wrote some false things about Alexandra but she's not as scathing as Catherine Radziwill. When I read Catherine R.'s Confessions of The Czarina, I found it very harsh that I like to cry.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!