Author Topic: Czarina of Russia???  (Read 32085 times)

Offline wox24

• View Profile
Re: Czarina of Russia???
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »
It would be important how people Tatiana would choose to your gouvernment. I think Tatiana would know to emancipate from her mothers influence. Next, discuss with politic, personators of different religions etc. Sorry, but I do not know conceive how Oľga, Maria and Anastasia listen them (I need not explain why...  :D. ;)

What is happen Nicholas. There are many lies about his reign. I looked a video in Russian about this theme and I was very suprised. So, if Tatiana would continue in Nicholass politic and find people as Stolypin or Witte, it would be very good for Russia.

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
Eventhough the girls were described as "too childish (is this the right word?) for their age", I think Tatiana would do a great job as an Empress. I think she was the most mature of the girls, no wonder she was "The Governess".

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »
Yeah, I think she would have done a great job on the throne of Russia.    Queen Victoria and our modern Queen Elizabeth II show that women can do the job just as good as a man can.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 07:29:18 PM »
The way I look at it... Olga's nerves were too wrecked when it came to stress (hospital work as good example)... Maria can be too sweet (closest came to mind) and Anastasia... well she's too laughable and impish! And your right they didn't call her the Governess for nothing!
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »
'Queen Victoria and our modern Queen Elizabeth II show that women can do the job just as good as a man can.'

There is a huge difference between being a constitutional monarch (which Elizabeth II does in a way which is second to none, and Queen Victoria rather less well, in my view) and being an autocrat who must actually make decisions. To be a successful autocrat requires personal attributes which are quite different from those of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters. Olga and Tatiana were nice kind girls who would have done well in Britain as members of the royal family, but nothing in their lives equipped them to be autocrats.

Ann

Offline Grand Duchess Valeria

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »
I agree. The problem is that they never ever were seen as heirs to the throne and they didn't get any political lessons and couldn't gain political acumen or foresight.
And when he shall die, // Take him and cut him out in little starres, // And he will make the Face of heaven so fine, // That all the world will be in Love with night, // And pay no worship to the Garish Sun.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
I agree. The problem is that they never ever were seen as heirs to the throne and they didn't get any political lessons and couldn't gain political acumen or foresight.

But all things are relative. I think that if you are intelligent enough, you could learn how to rule. Brightness is not an attribute of education. Of course, education helps, but it's not the "sine qua non".

Yes, the girls were childish, but again, it was quite common back then to pass from childhood to mature age without any "teenager" between, and people could mature quite fast...or not. It depends on the person.

I insist we know very litte about OTMA's true personnalities. They never talked by THEMSELVES. We never heard their own voices, but the depictions of people who was interested in showing how they were for some special reason. They were people who would said they were perfect, they were ohter people who depicts them as silly, childish and even snobbish, mean and wild...I suppose nonne of them was right. They are gone without leaving to us more than some traits of their tastest  ,their way of life their personnalities and photos...a lot of photos.

RealAnastasia.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 12:43:47 AM »
They should have followed the British example.  OTMA's great-grandmother, Queen Victoria, showed that woman could do the job just as capable as a man could.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
  • You cannot imagine the half of my suffering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 03:52:39 AM »
i think that her peronality reflects that she would have been a good empress, i think its interesting to think which of the grand duchess's would have been effective empress's. however whether the oppurtunity would have ever arisen is an entirely different subject- i doubt it... mind you, you never know.

Offline Nicolá De Valerón

• Graf
  • Soul to God, Loyality to Crown, Honor to nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 04:42:56 AM »
Although it seems to me that we've already concluded the discussion clearly, but anyway. Just some reflective thoughts.

To rule Russia with it's unique problematics you should be not just a good person, and even not just a good and educated person, or even not just a good/intelligent/educated/sober-minded leader at the same time (even this thing is absolutely rare) - you must be a Napoleon! On one hand liberal politics with strong and tough actions for intellectuals and business, on another big amount of necessary Russian traditionalism for simple people. This formula was realised only ones in Russian history - during Alexander II times. But even this great man with liberal mind and European education ended tragically and didn't finally close all his reforms. Even Alexander II!

Of course in this case, if we are talking about simple girls (even good and open-minded), who were taught by their father and mother from birthdays with only one simple theory "Orthodoxy, Russian nationalism and Absolute monarchy" and read romantic Chekhov works (nothing from Adam Smith;)) - this question for any non-obsessed person is automatically closed. Again, all the girls were good guys, but this is not enough even for modern rulership, and of course absolutely not enough for that difficult times. Sad truth: someone is able to be a good house cleaner, someone is able to be a good national leader;). We already seen the Soviet example when housewife's and locksmiths took the power... We know the results.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:44:44 AM by Nicolá De Valerón »
"I think that if Shakespeare lived in our times he would not be able to write. Many of his works are not welcome on stage nowadays: The Merchant of Venice – anti-Semitism, Othello – racism, The Taming of the Shrew – sexism, Romeo and Juliet - hideous heterosexual show..." - Vladimir Bukovsky.

LondonGirl

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Lol I doubt anyone could have ruled Russia then. Not only did the dynasty fail by default largely thanks to WWI, but the subsequent governments made an even worse job. i doubt that even had members of the family lived and potentially been offered the throne after a (hypothetically) successful outcome to an event like Operation Barbarossa, that any of them would have even wanted it.

Offline Selencia

• Boyar
  • Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Nadezhda
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 02:09:31 AM »
Don't know if she could be Empress, given her closeness to Alexandra I assume she would have taken on some of her characteristics and beliefs and that's not a good thing. Maybe all 5 children rolled into one could have run the country.
Alexei is the right gender and could take on politics with...
Olga the smartest so she could learn the ways of politics and tackle it with Alexei
Tatiana is the most regal, elegant, composed under pressure and could take on society along with...
Maria a social butterfly and could be the new Marie Fedorovna. She also had loving caring nature which would help with charity work and helping the poor of Russia
Anastasia, she wasn't bright and I may be crazy but I think her role should be foreign affairs and the soldiers.

LondonGirl

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
Don't know if she could be Empress, given her closeness to Alexandra I assume she would have taken on some of her characteristics and beliefs and that's not a good thing. Maybe all 5 children rolled into one could have run the country.
Alexei is the right gender and could take on politics with...
Olga the smartest so she could learn the ways of politics and tackle it with Alexei
Tatiana is the most regal, elegant, composed under pressure and could take on society along with...
Maria a social butterfly and could be the new Marie Fedorovna. She also had loving caring nature which would help with charity work and helping the poor of Russia
Anastasia, she wasn't bright and I may be crazy but I think her role should be foreign affairs and the soldiers.

Olga was the most capable in school - but that doesn't equate to the smartest lol, just the most conventional.

Tatiana was refined but not so conventional, despite the official propaganda. Maraia was by all accounts less a social butterfly than a maternalistic type. Anastasia was far from "not bright" - she seemed to grasp people and other things in a way that fed her humour. I doubt the Grand Duchesses can be easily stereotyped, as in fact most people can't.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 06:23:12 AM »
I don't think Anastasia was unintelligent, but she was very spoilt and had no application, plus she tried to wing it on charm.

Ann

Offline Selencia

• Boyar
  • Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Nadezhda
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
IMO Anastasia was the least intelligent, or least educated. Perhaps by the time she came along she suffered the Marie Antoinette syndrome of her parents just being too preoccupied. Anastasia especially never was allowed to grow into herself; by the time she was maturing she was already imprisoned with her family and as a result there was no longer anyone around who could write about her emerging adult personality.
It appears that there are a very small few of Russian rulers who actually did it right, Nicholas was definitely not one of those rulers.
Perhaps Tatiana gives off the impression that she would be a good Empress because of how regal she appears in photos and in memoirs about her. But history was against anyone who ruled Russia if they were still going to hang onto the idea of autocracy.