Author Topic: funny slate  (Read 6692 times)

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
Re: funny slate
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »
I'm glad you like them!  :) Yes, I do have one or two entries by Tatiana in this little book that I write pretend entires for OTMA in.
Here is some more of Anastasia's:

6 December 1913
I found Gleb! His father is in St. Petersburg and can't come though. Gleb says he knows a little doctoring, so we found Alexei's other medicines and the essential oils labeled:
Alexis.N.Romanov
and then the type of oil or med. When we arrived at the Big Pair's room Gleb announced he was going to pick one of us to be his "nurse" helper/assistant. I thought he would pick Olga or Tatiana, but he picked me!

Later
Alexei now has a fever. his frostbite on his nose is gone, thank the Lord! his toe frostbite is not gone in the least. he has a very not forehead and hands and very cold toes.

7 December, 1913
Yesterday  evening a letter came from Papa. It says he will not be home today as arranged, ut on the tenth, three days from now. I suppose it's for the better, anyways. I prefer it with no frantically worrying Mama at Alexei's bedside, although Papa would know what to do about the doctors. Olga is glad, too. She'd rather not be in trouble because of her argument that happened 2 days ago. I pasted the letter on the other page. He, (Papa,) sounds so loving. I wonder what will happen when he finds out about Father Grigory and Olga;s argument. Gleb says his father is due in an hour or so. Hurray!
To my dear daughters, I regret to say your mother and I will not be home tomorrow as arranged, but on Tuesday, the 10th of December, 1913. I am sorry I could not come home sooner, but affairs of my Tsardom keep me too busy. Your mother sends fond regards to you and Alexei. Fodly, Papa. Postscript: pass this news on to Father Grigory, your tutors and your maids.

Later
Dr. Botkin is here! we are to go to Grandmother's for a break.
They're actually pretty realistic, good job. Can you post the Tatiana ones? She's my favorite btw.
I've noticed that all of OTMA's real diary entries are very short. I suspect it's because life was very similar day in and day out...I'm exactly the opposite, absolutely nothing will happen and I'll write pages and pages in my journal!
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
O.K. here are Tatiana's entries: (even less realistic)

Mr. Illich, [imaginary mechanic/steward/odd jobber friend of GDs,] entrusted me with a very strange message to put under a bench in the gardens of the Tadlsk Library. It is in some other language that isn't Russian, English, French or German, all of which I know. It has a Polish eagle on it and is tied in a white hinge. Most peculiar.

It was supposed to be summer 1909, I think. I never went on to tell what happened.
Here is another: (much better than the first)

Oct. 24th, 1909
It is very rainy out. The day has been rather boring, as it is a Saturday, and OTMA has no lessons. We are having cinematogpraph tonight. That will be nice.
Later
The rain has let up. I think Nastya wants to play hide-and-seek. I hope she won't make it too hard for me to find her like she did once last year. She was hiding in Mama's closet behind ALL the dresses at the very end. We searched for over 1/2 an hour. When Olishka, Mashka, Gleb Botkin and I finally found her she said: "I thought you'd NEVER find me and give up and leave me here!" and Olishka said, "nyet, we'd never do that Nastenka dear, we'd look everywhere until we found you, even if it took hours." then Mashka put her arm around Nastya and gave her a kiss and Gleb and I reasurred her that we certainly would never leave her in a closet. And then we went off to lunch.

I think i have another, i'll post it later. Hope you liked the above ones! :)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
O.K. here are Tatiana's entries: (even less realistic)

Mr. Illich, [imaginary mechanic/steward/odd jobber friend of GDs,] entrusted me with a very strange message to put under a bench in the gardens of the Tadlsk Library. It is in some other language that isn't Russian, English, French or German, all of which I know. It has a Polish eagle on it and is tied in a white hinge. Most peculiar.

It was supposed to be summer 1909, I think. I never went on to tell what happened.
Here is another: (much better than the first)

Oct. 24th, 1909
It is very rainy out. The day has been rather boring, as it is a Saturday, and OTMA has no lessons. We are having cinematogpraph tonight. That will be nice.
Later
The rain has let up. I think Nastya wants to play hide-and-seek. I hope she won't make it too hard for me to find her like she did once last year. She was hiding in Mama's closet behind ALL the dresses at the very end. We searched for over 1/2 an hour. When Olishka, Mashka, Gleb Botkin and I finally found her she said: "I thought you'd NEVER find me and give up and leave me here!" and Olishka said, "nyet, we'd never do that Nastenka dear, we'd look everywhere until we found you, even if it took hours." then Mashka put her arm around Nastya and gave her a kiss and Gleb and I reasurred her that we certainly would never leave her in a closet. And then we went off to lunch.

I think i have another, i'll post it later. Hope you liked the above ones! :)
I like those!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
Really?

Here is a much more recent diary of Tatiana's: (1st entries, i'll post one or 2 entries at a time.)

April 4th, 1908
Had lessons with Olga and Marie. Anastasia was not feeling well, so she did not have lessons, much to her delight. After lunch we went outside and Alexei played with his toy boat on the pond. Then Olga and I read on the balcony, and Mama came out after a little while and we sat and talked.

April 5th, 1908
We had a very tasty lunch: miniature pirogis filled with beef, cabbage and hard-boiled eggs. there was sour cream to put on top, and toast on the side. We are going to have cinematograph tonight.

now that i'm posting them, they seem sort of boring.
I write pages in my journal too, when it is very boring! little things mostly. i write in it during car trips a lot, and i write what we are passing on the road~ funny billboards, odd cars ect.  :)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
I like those as well!
I'll just go on and on about something Im feeling and fill up 3 pages...and when we're in the car I do the same thing as you!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »
I'm glad you like them! here is the next one:

April 6th, 1908
We had a day off lessons to go to St. Petersburg with Papa. We wore dark purple coat-dresses and our hats had what Nastya calls "cake frosting" on them. It is really white netting. At the Winter Palace, we got to play in the gold drawing room and Nastya hid at the last moment and we had to find her. What a shivbzik!

Hope you like it! More later.  :)

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
Hehe, that sounds just like something Anastasia would do :)

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 01:45:56 PM »
Hehe, that sounds just like something Anastasia would do :)
I know. For some reason in my Romanov stories I have Anastasia hiding a lot... :)

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
Well that's very accurate! :) Apparently she hid in trees sometimes. Sounds uncomfortable.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
Well that's very accurate! :) Apparently she hid in trees sometimes. Sounds uncomfortable.
You mean she hid up in trees, or amongst them? Amongst them wouldn't be uncomfortable, but up in trees, yes that sounds uncomfortable indeed!  Depends how long she was up in the tree... your legs could get very tired. I could never hide up in a tree for long, i'd be too scared! :) unless, of course, i was on low branches.

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »
Up in the trees...yes it is very uncomfortable, I used to try and hide in trees when I was little. Your legs get numb!
Being Anastasia must have been exhausting :)

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »
That is very funny, about being Anastasia must have been exausting!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »
Here is an imaginary letter i wrote from OTMA to Aunt Olga in Tobolsk:
Dearest Auntie O.
We were overjoyed, so happy to receive your letter. Nastya practicaly jumped for joy... How are you? We are mostly well, and thank the Lord, A. is not sick.
Say hello to baby T. for us... tweak his nose, bounce him on your knee, give him a dozen kisses from his cousins!!! We wish we could see him grow!
It is not so bad here, us all share a room that isn't small, but hot huge, either. Medium sized. Good hearty Russian fodd like Papa and all of us love. Rather warm today,-hurray! We went on the roof and flew A.'s kite. running out of room-Dasvidanya
with lots of love, OTMA & A

i actually did fly a kite on the roof that day :)
it was a small, light Chinese kite...

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
How cute! A kite sounds fun..I haven't done that in such a long time!