Author Topic: funny slate  (Read 6701 times)

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
funny slate
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
Recently I was going through some stuff and I found this old slate of mine, you know the kind pioneer children would use for their schoolwork, and I started doodling around. This is what I wrote:
Mama & Papa,
Alexei is ill again. We are doing our best. Would you please send up (scribble) Spasibo.
We miss you a lot. It is maddening that we are just a floor above you but we can not see you.
We have so little, pencil paper more food warmth enough beds nyet!
Can you believe it? We love you with all our hearts and souls.
Olga
Tatiana
Marie
Anastasia
Alexei

I was making up something about that they were prisioned somewhere else other than Alexander palace, Tobolsk and Ekaterinburg, and not allowed to see each other even thoguh they were in the same building, confined to different floors.

It was so funny when I read it ater. I thoguht I would post it just for fun.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: funny slate
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:07:05 AM »
I've done things like that before.

While I was supposed to be taking notes in school, I preteneded to write diary entries for OTMA.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
That's funny. I do that too. Once I wrote some notes that were supposed to be from OTMA and Alexei to each other. I have this litle book that I write pretend OTMA diary entries in sometimes. I could post them soon.
Andrea
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
O.K. here's the letters:

Dear Olga,
Boo! I hope I scared you! Nastya
Tatiana,
Boo! I hope I scared you and that you'll get blown away, he he! Nastya
Mashka,
Boo! I hope you were scared! Meet you in the bushes- let's trick the big pair! Nastya
Dear Alexei;
Boo! I hope you are well. I think I'm going to play a trick on the big pair. Nastya
Nastya, what sort of trick? Alexei
Anastasia- I'd be happy to help you. What's the trick? Marie
Dearest sister Marie,
I do not know what the trick will be, perhaps you could help me think of one? I would be in indebted gratitude.
Your sister, Anastasia

They were written on halloween, that's why there's the boos. I'll post the diary entries soon, there are quite a few.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »
O.K. here's a pretend diary entry I made for Anastasia last year:

5 December 1913
Alexei's hemophilia had flared up again and Mama and Papa are not at home! I suppose it's from the snow and Alexei's getting frostbitten and all. Mashka went to look for Dr. Derevenko and could NOT find him, so went for Dr. Botkin. She could not find him or Gleb either. Olga went for Father Grigory, and got into an argument with him-imaginge, arguing with a preist!-about Edward, prince of whales:
F.G.- I hear your father is considering edward the prince of whales as a husband for you, Olga. What is your opinion...do you wish to meet him and so?
O-(abruptly)- I am Russian and will remain russian, not become british just because of some 'suitable husband'
(olga said husband mockingly) at that father grigory said "excuse me," and left. Olga started after him, but he cleared his throat and she thought better of it. So now, until someone finds the doctors, it's just OTMA and Sonia to take care of Alexei.

more later...there's a lot. it's not very real to real, meaning that wouldn't have happened, but it's fun.
Merry Christmas! 

:)

Offline Grand Duchess Jennifer

• Graf
  • "Give my love to all who remember me"-Olga,1918
    • View Profile
    • The Last Grand-Duchesses of Russia-OTMA
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
That's cool! :)

Actually, in the summer of 2008, my sister and I made a diary of Maria for 1913. Looking back, I see it was terribly unrealistic; back then, the Romanovs were just a royal family with a sad end to me, and though I was slightly interested I didn't know much about them. It involves such things as getting prizes for working hard at lessons, and escaping the palace! (Rather silly)

Please visit www.freewebs.com/grand-duchessesofrussiaotma/
Banner and Icon by Ally

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »
That sounds just like what I've done! A while back i made up this story that the IF learned they would be killed before they left Ts.S. & they disgised themselves as peasants, & with their royal belongings hidden in the false bottoms of 2 carts, & with foodstuffs & plain clothes in the tops of the carts escaped to...?? i didn't make up that part, i was too busy describing the clothes...i do that FAR too much in stories. :)
I have to go, but i'll post some more of that diary later.

Offline Grand Duchess Jennifer

• Graf
  • "Give my love to all who remember me"-Olga,1918
    • View Profile
    • The Last Grand-Duchesses of Russia-OTMA
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »
i didn't make up that part, i was too busy describing the clothes...i do that FAR too much in stories. :)
How did you know that's my bad habit too? :)

Please visit www.freewebs.com/grand-duchessesofrussiaotma/
Banner and Icon by Ally

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
Hmmm.
I had no idea, but I suppose lots of fans of history like historical fashion, too. I even write stories about Sissi just to describe her clothes! I'm writing one now, she & her maids are packing to go on a cruise to the South Pacific, but Franz Josef won't tell Sissi where they are going. I describe everything that goes into the trunks.  :)

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »
Hmmm.
I had no idea, but I suppose lots of fans of history like historical fashion, too. I even write stories about Sissi just to describe her clothes! I'm writing one now, she & her maids are packing to go on a cruise to the South Pacific, but Franz Josef won't tell Sissi where they are going. I describe everything that goes into the trunks.  :)

That's so neat...maybe if you like doing this you should write a historical fiction novel!
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
I've written some stories already...a few fantasy before i discovered naotmaa, & now i'm writing a story about a peasant girl outside of yekaterinburg who finds the escaped IF. i'm a little stuck, though. :)
I'm also trying to write a 1906 diary for Olga, but it is very boring.

here is a little more of that Anastasia diary, picking up after where i stopped earlier in this thread:

Later
Sonia is preparing a bath for Alexei, although his accostomed essential oils are in the doctor's medical bags. Tatiana just prepared a tray for Alexei, who is laying down under layers
of blankets on his bed. the tray Tatiana prepared comtains tea, chicken broth with beans, hot soup, baked potato with bacon, his medicine, (of course), some hot milk and his other medicine. all this food is to strenghthen him and the hot stuff is for his frostbite. I have to got now, i need to fill alexei's hot water bottles and it is my turn to read to him.

as before said, not very realistic.  :)

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »
I like that! Whenever I try to write things like that I get too into describing food, conversations, clothes, etc. and write that for a long time, so then I get tired of writing and just stop...I'm not very patient :D

You should post the story, that sounds really neat!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »
I'm glad you like it!

Even later, 8:15
It seems all there is to do is take care of Alexei, help him eat and write. And of course, worry worry worry. What if Father Grigory tells Mama & Papa about what Olga said? What then? When are Mama & Papa going to be home from Moscowarsich*? WHERE are the doctors? Alexei is having his bath while Mashka reads to him. So, while I have free time, I shall look for Gleb Botkin to see if he knows where his father, the doctor, is.

*when i wrote this i thought moscow might have been called something different back then, how silly of me.

more later, if you would like more.

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »
I'm glad you like it!

Even later, 8:15
It seems all there is to do is take care of Alexei, help him eat and write. And of course, worry worry worry. What if Father Grigory tells Mama & Papa about what Olga said? What then? When are Mama & Papa going to be home from Moscowarsich*? WHERE are the doctors? Alexei is having his bath while Mashka reads to him. So, while I have free time, I shall look for Gleb Botkin to see if he knows where his father, the doctor, is.

*when i wrote this i thought moscow might have been called something different back then, how silly of me.

more later, if you would like more.

These sound like something she would write! :D
Ohh if you do ave any more, post them! Do you have any "by Tatiana"?

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »
I'm glad you like them!  :) Yes, I do have one or two entries by Tatiana in this little book that I write pretend entires for OTMA in.
Here is some more of Anastasia's:

6 December 1913
I found Gleb! His father is in St. Petersburg and can't come though. Gleb says he knows a little doctoring, so we found Alexei's other medicines and the essential oils labeled:
Alexis.N.Romanov
and then the type of oil or med. When we arrived at the Big Pair's room Gleb announced he was going to pick one of us to be his "nurse" helper/assistant. I thought he would pick Olga or Tatiana, but he picked me!

Later
Alexei now has a fever. his frostbite on his nose is gone, thank the Lord! his toe frostbite is not gone in the least. he has a very not forehead and hands and very cold toes.

7 December, 1913
Yesterday  evening a letter came from Papa. It says he will not be home today as arranged, ut on the tenth, three days from now. I suppose it's for the better, anyways. I prefer it with no frantically worrying Mama at Alexei's bedside, although Papa would know what to do about the doctors. Olga is glad, too. She'd rather not be in trouble because of her argument that happened 2 days ago. I pasted the letter on the other page. He, (Papa,) sounds so loving. I wonder what will happen when he finds out about Father Grigory and Olga;s argument. Gleb says his father is due in an hour or so. Hurray!
To my dear daughters, I regret to say your mother and I will not be home tomorrow as arranged, but on Tuesday, the 10th of December, 1913. I am sorry I could not come home sooner, but affairs of my Tsardom keep me too busy. Your mother sends fond regards to you and Alexei. Fodly, Papa. Postscript: pass this news on to Father Grigory, your tutors and your maids.

Later
Dr. Botkin is here! we are to go to Grandmother's for a break.