Author Topic: Your favorite Romanov movie?  (Read 10796 times)

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite Romanov movie?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 04:21:29 AM »
'Nicholas and Alexandra' is very good and well-made. Unfortunately, I missed the last 20 minutes of the recent showing on the BBC because something went wrong with my recording.

Very good casting, and Michael Jayston made a good likeness of Nicholas. The only slightly awkward note is that the daughters don't really emerge as individuals and it's difficult to work out which is which. The murder of Rasputin is done in splendidly decadent fashion - silk caftans and opium smoking!

Ann

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 01:41:14 PM »
I think N&A is a good movie too, but the girls were hard to recognize! At least The actress that played Anastasia looked a little like Anastasia!

RomanovMartyrs

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
I'm going to be honest here...

I don't like any of the movies.

(As a child I liked the cartoon, but that was before I knew Anastasia didn't find Grandmama and live happily ever after with the kitchen boy in Paris.)

I just think they all do a not-so-great job portraying the family. Even if N&A was fairly accurate, they don't look like the IF and I don't know maybe it's ME and not the movie that has a problem. LOL

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
I don't think the IF is ever really portrayed that accurately, looks-wise. The girls who played Olga and Maria in Romanovy looked a lot like them, but not so much for Tatiana and Anastasia. After they had their hair cut off I spent the rest of the movie trying to figure out who was who.

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

(As a child I liked the cartoon, but that was before I knew Anastasia didn't find Grandmama and live happily ever after with the kitchen boy in Paris.)

I think that the 1997 movie is so cool! Lol
For me, a dreamy teenager it's wonderful lol.

Offline WildChild2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »
I have seen the 1997 movie of Anastasia. I have seen some of Nicholas and Alexandria. And I have seen Rasputin and the Empress - 1932. But I like the Romanovy family because the actress that played Olga actually look like her from what i saw on Youtube.  ;)

Offline GDLynn

• AnastasiaNRfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
Well, I have seen a lot of Romanov movie's. As a child I love the 1997 Anastasia, but as I got older and saw more Romanov movie I would have to say my favorite is Romanovy. I didn't like Rasputin and the Empress, and Nicholas and Alexandra had its moments. I liked Rasputin because it had Alan Rickman in it and I have seen a lot of his movie (robin hood was awesome!) and Anastasia from 1956 had some good moments as well. Also, another favorite of mine is the Assassin of the Tsar.

and of course, I HATED The Mystery of Anna Anderson....The man who played Nicholas looked NOTHING like him!

Lynn

Offline cebi26

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »
Probably Rasputin. Romanovy was the film that best portrays the imperial family, but was soo long that was more like a documentary than a movie. The Anastasia 1997 will always have a place in my heart because it was the film that 'introduced' me to the Romanov History.

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
I've never seen the 1997 Anastasia...is it accurate, and is it good? It's very strange that I haven't seen it! :D
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 05:02:50 AM »
See it abbigail, it's very beautiful! You will like it ^^!

Ceby, the movie introduced me too hehe!!

Offline cebi26

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
OTMAAfan, i think the movie not just introduced to us the Romanov World, but to many people :)

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »
I wouldn't call it accurate though! All that zombie-Rasputin stuff... lol.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
I've never seen the 1997 Anastasia...is it accurate, and is it good? It's very strange that I haven't seen it! :D

It is the very opposite of accurate. It's a fluffy, fantasy, romantic comedy cartoon for young people. But it is enjoyable in that respect. I enjoyed it when I was very little when it first came out but I've never thought of it when I think of the real people since it's so far off.

Obviously, Romanovy would be the most accurate in regards to history and people. It is the only film in which they attempt to show the true characters of OTMA & Alexei. They actually have roles in this film. Plus, they filmed in some of the actual locations, the actors looked/acted excellently, they had realistic costumes based from their actual clothing, etc.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 12:21:12 PM »
Yes, that's exactly why I like Romanovy :). (my sister and I are planning on maybe watching it today!)
Have you seen Russian Ark, Holly?

Quote:  "The one in Anna Anderson's story of Nicky didn't even look like him at all."
Oh, I know! It's annoying when they seem to choose any dark-haired bearded man to play Nicholas II. As my math teacher once said about somebody: "Just because we're young and bearded doesn't mean we're interchangeable!" Lol.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:25:48 PM by abbigail »
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.