Author Topic: Do you dislike a Windsor?  (Read 7662 times)

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Do you dislike a Windsor?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
But why there are so many topics which dynasty and which person you like and in same time whom you don't like...Why it can't be in one topic? Example

Which royals from which dynasty you dislike?And which you like?
Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »
Wallis, Duchess of Windsor.....bleuchhh.

I agree with you, I think She was a vulgar adventurer who deturned Edward VIII away from his duties for purely personal interests. She did not much, anyway, to dissuade him to break with her.

...and a good thing too!  Wallis Simpson did Britain and the Commonwealth a mighty service by removing Edward VIII from the throne and the royal family, in my opinion.  For this alone, the woman has my respect!

Offline GrandDuchessAlix

• Sovereyne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »
Camilla I find quite despicable. As previously mentioned, Wallis prevented a unready and unsteady Edward from reaking what I'm sure would be total chaos apon the Crown and country, so I suppose I do feel thankful to her for it  ;) nonetheless, She was a user and quite an airhead.

Never been too keen on Elizabeth Bowes Lyons. She just seemed rather plain, frumpy, and old. Not a big fan of Princess Anne either, she seems quite mannish and at times intimidating...not like a "Princess Royal" at all.

Dieu defend le droit.

Offline Jessamy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
I've always liked Camilla. She seems so much more suited for Charles than Diana was. She's so witty and they have more in common like the Fox Hunt which Diana always hated.  Obviously Charles loved Camilla first but was unable to marry her at that time.  I'm glad they were able to marry in the end. Please don't get me wrong, I loved Diana, she was beautiful and caring and wonderful! But I also think Camilla gets a bad rap that she doesn't deserve. The Windsor that I like the least is Queen Mary.  She always seems so cold and appears to care more about her jewells than her children. I may be wrong, but that is the impression I get from her.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »
I too like Camilla. She's down to earth and her good qualities would be recognised far more than they are were it not for all the adulation of Diana.

I got thoroughly fed up with Diana in her lifetime, and all the conspiracy theories since her death have not improved matters. All right, she wore her heart on her sleeve, but she was terribly needy.

Ann

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
I do like Camilla too. I like her for she is in love with her husband and seems very down-to-heart. Prince Charles and her seems to go along O.K together.

RealAnastasia.

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
If we allowed to include  spouses and former spouses, than the Windsor I have to say I found the most trying and irritating was Diana, Princess of Wales!

Amongst those born in the purple, I find Andrew rather too self centered and the Earl of Wessex has this dreadful ability to appear as though he is suffering from an appalling dose of 'self entitlement! I think they probably got that from their dreadful maternal grandmother, whom I could never abide and always thought honed her 'motherly' image to the nth degree in order to obscure just how hypocritical, self centered and unpleasant she could be and was!

I think Princess Margaret was actually probably more like her mother than many people care to contemplate, the only real difference being that Margaret never cared to try and be popular nor did she have the savvy to adopt an image that would make her appear 'motherly' and chocolate boxy like her mother or as Diana did! Other than that I think they, QEQM and Margaret particularly, were probably very alike indeed!

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 02:19:36 PM »
I do not like the King George V which was no more affection for his sons and be tough and intansigeant to them. He is as guilty in my eyes for doing nothing, when he had the power to save the Russian imperial family after his fall in 1917.
I agree I dont like King George V for that either. He was a selfish and cold indiviidual and he left his cousin the Russian Tsar and his family to a terrible fate because he was  worried about his own popularity. He's top one of my list.

I like George V for exactly that reason: That he abandoned his own blue-blooded kin for the sake of his country's stability when so many of his subjects had been butchered for no good reason in WW1. Since those dynastic blood ties had proved incapable of preventing WW1, not honouring them makes sense to me as the logical and patriotic consequence.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:23:21 PM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »

I like George V for exactly that reason: That he abandoned his own blue-blooded kin for the sake of his country's stability when so many of his subjects had been butchered for no good reason in WW1. Since those dynastic blood ties had proved incapable of preventing WW1, not honouring them makes sense to me as the logical and patriotic consequence.

Great point! But for the record, as I have said before, there is evidence that at no point did George V abandon his cousin and right up to the bitter end he was still trying to save him [From a recent Channel 4 documentary].
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.