Author Topic: Unread Posts Since Last Visit - Selective Process to Show Read  (Read 1855 times)

Offline allanraymond

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Monarchies of Europe
Unread Posts Since Last Visit - Selective Process to Show Read
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Is there a process whereby particular posts which are in the list of "Show unread posts since last visit" can be selected as read without the need to open up each post in turn?

Having to read each post in turn is somewhat of a chore if there are many items in the "Show unread posts since last visit" list especially when the last post in certain threads is a one line insignificant comment. 

It's possibly to select "Mark read" which then removes all the "Show unread posts since last visit", I was hoping there is a more selective action than this.

Allan Raymond

Offline allanraymond

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Monarchies of Europe
Re: Unread Posts Since Last Visit - Selective Process to Show Read
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »
Is there a process whereby particular posts which are in the list of "Show unread posts since last visit" can be selected as read without the need to open up each post in turn?

Having to read each post in turn is somewhat of a chore if there are many items in the "Show unread posts since last visit" list especially when the last post in certain threads is a one line insignificant comment. 

It's possibly to select "Mark read" which then removes all the "Show unread posts since last visit", I was hoping there is a more selective action than this.

Allan Raymond

I wonder if any of the administrators have an answer to my query?

I'm not continually logged into APTM forum as possibly some forum members but visit it once or possibly twice a day for topics which I have an interest or one that catches my eye. It's extremely frustrating having to quickly visit each item in turn to make it disappear from "show unread posts since last visit". This is particularly so when there superfluous comments such as "she's cute" or "how many dogs do the they have" or "does the dog belong to him or her"  ad nausea. I was hoping there could be something similar to an email folder in which you can select a group or emails to delete in go leaving only those in which you may have an interest.

Apologies in advance if such a system exists in the Forum but which has eluded me.

Thanks

Allan Raymond