Author Topic: NHK" Saka no ue no kumo"  (Read 3681 times)

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
NHK" Saka no ue no kumo"
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:47:19 AM »
Japanese Television "NHK" at December 2009 started television drama "Saka no ue no kumo" (Cloud on the hill) based on the same-named bestseller of Shiba Ryotaro.
This television drama consists of 13 parts per 90 minutes each.
This is about Meiji era of Japan , especially about Russo-Japanese war and abot  the life of 4 friends, who left their names in the history.
One of them - Akiyama Saneyuki, famous admiral.
Last december first 5 parts was shown. Next 5 will come this December 2010.NHK  shooted this drama at 8 countries: Japan,Russia,Malta,China,France,England, Latviya.
In Russia , we shooted in Moscow and St. Petersburg - at Alexandrovsky, Ekaterininsky, Pavlovsk, Yusupovsky, Grand Duke Vladimir, Ksheshinskaya, Polovtsev palaces.
Also at Feodorovsky gorodok, Zimnyaa kanavka, Dvortsovaya square, Nekrasov apartment, Yusupovsky garden  etc.
Nicholas II and Alexandra Feodorovna also figured in the film.
Historically, it is very good made television drama .

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: NHK" Saka no ue no kumo"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, Hikaru!!

Offline Janet Ashton

• Knyaz
  • www.directarticle.org
    • View Profile
    • Direct Article
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:07:07 AM »
THis sounds absolutely great - and just a shame that it won't - presumably - be shown in Europe or the US! (though I gather that the original book is hugely popular and may be translated into English soon)
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many; they are few.

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »
If some channel in Europe or UK would be interested in this piece of work, (it is truly that this drama is very well made), NHK with pleasure will sell it.
So, If some channel is interested in this, pls contact me.
thank you.

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
At the end of the December, in the Japan has finished the demonstration of the 9 series of this television drama (totally there are 13 series).
As I heard,  All Japan was astonished by the beauty of our St. Petersburg palaces: Ecaterina, Alexander Palace, Palace of Grand Duke Vladimir, Ksheshinskaya Palace, Yusupov Palace, Pavlovsk , Polovtsev palace etc.
I really hope to have a chance to show this quite unique TV drama not only in Japan, but in Russia, Europe and America.