The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 25, 2016, 06:00:10 AM
467333 Posts in 9207 Topics by 24298 Members
Latest Member: anya1632
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Habsburgs (Moderators: grandduchessella, Forum Admin, Svetabel, britt.25)
| | |-+  Archduchess Sophie,mother of Franz Josef
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Archduchess Sophie,mother of Franz Josef  (Read 44974 times)
Reply #90
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:16:43 AM »
Princess Susan Offline
Graf

View Profile

I've seen this picture in one book before, but never so large and in such good quality. Thanks for posting it! ;-)
Reply #91
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
Ajimmo Offline

View Profile

It´s a wonderful portrait!! Please, if anyone have the full portrait in colour...it would be nice to see it here!!

By the way, Rani...I suppose you read easily german and you have read the book with the beautiful cover? I really wish to know more about the grand duchess, but I can´t find a bio wrotte in english or french, neither a translation to spanish  Embarrassed

There is a book on the work of Winterhalter who was active at the same time, perhaps a little later.  There may be a portrait such as you seek in the work of Winterhalter.  There was also not too long ago an exposition at the Musée Galliera in Paris of clothing of the era of Sisi, with a mannequin wearing an example of one of her(Sisi's) grandes tenues of mounring, complete with face mask.  Very impressive.

Reply #92
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »
Yelena Aleksandrovna Offline
Velikye Knyaz
*Евгений Плющенко ~фигурное катание царь* Posts: 3693

View Profile WWW

The first time I see the full verssion of this beautiful lithography of the Archduchess.

By Josef Kriehuber, 1850.

<<Click on the image for bigger>>

Russia cannot be grasped with the mind, or measured in feet and inches, for she has a special character: In Russia one can only believe. ~Fyodor Tyutchev.
Reply #93
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

The Archduchess in her deathbed <<Click on the image for bigger>>

Credits on the image.

Russia cannot be grasped with the mind, or measured in feet and inches, for she has a special character: In Russia one can only believe. ~Fyodor Tyutchev.
Reply #94
« on: January 06, 2016, 12:50:48 PM »
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

The deathbed of Archduchess Sophie and Austrian Imperial family sorrounding it

Taken from: http://alzbeta-sisi.blog.cz/

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: