Author Topic: Klementiy Nagorniy  (Read 70518 times)

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
Re: Klementiy Nagorniy
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2009, 08:26:47 AM »
Btw, there is photo of Nicholas II photo with icon , soliders are kneeling in fron of him, Manchuria, 1905.

Thank you for info, Sarushka and Rodney_G. -- never knew that!
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline AlexandersDaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »
He was only 29? I hadn't realised that. So sad that another young life was so pointlessly wasted.

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
   Sarushka's right. So nice to have a source named. Yes , it is sad about Nagorny's murder. He was a strong, decent and loyal man, and though it may be by only a relative few, he is remembered as such today.
Rodney G.

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Nagorny had altercations with (I'm not sure who that is) Avdeyev,
Once, Alyosha sent radishes with a message carved in it (message for Kolya) to Nagorny.
Nagorny was caught by Avdeyev and scolded.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »
Nagorny had altercations with (I'm not sure who that is) Avdeyev,

Rodionov, actually. ;-)

Avdeyev was commandant in Ekaterinburg.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Um, um..Hehehe.
Thanks for it, Sarah!  0:-)

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Ausmanov

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »
Nagorny was a great and fiercely loyal person. I think he deserves more than a book not only for his dedication to the Imperial family but also because of his honourable character and moral strength as a human being.
God never closes a door without opening a window

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
I agree Nagorny and all those who chose to retain with the family, and ended up dead in the end, should be honored. Not only the Imperial Family and their servant's but everyone who chose to stay near the Romanov-family when all turned badly, and here I not only am referring to the Imperial Famy's friends and sevrants but also on those who stayed true to the Imperial Family's relatives (and died too, like Micha's secretary the nun who died with Ella, the Grand Duke's and the Prince's) - they all deserve to be honored for their loyalty, just as the Imperial Family.
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2009, 03:13:44 AM »
Wow,he's worth remembering! He's such a heroic servant and friend!

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2009, 03:29:02 AM »
His loyalty and devotion were truly remarkable.

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
He was also a loyal friend. Gilliard wrote this about seeing Nagorny on the way to his execution. He could have given away the presence of his friends and gotten them captured, even by just waving at them, but he made sure not to acknowledge them and spare them from the Bolsheviks, even though he saw them.

One day when I was passing Ipatiev's house, accompanied by Dr. Derevenko and Mr. Gibbes, we saw two carriages drawn up and surrounded by a large number of Red Guards, What was our horror at recognizing in the first Sedniev (the valet-de-chambre of the Grand-Duchesses) sitting between two guards. Nagorny was going to the second carriage. He was just setting foot on the step with his hand on the side of the carriage when, raising his head, he saw us all there standing motionless a few yards from him. For a few seconds he looked fixedly at us, then, without a single gesture that might have betrayed us, he took his seat. The carriages were driven off, and we saw them turn in the direction of the prison.

These two good fellows were shot shortly afterwards; their sole crime had been their inability to hide their indignation on seeing the Bolshevik commissaries seize the little gold chain from which the holy images hung over the sick bed of Aleksey Nicolaievich.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »
Nagorny?

At Finland, ca. 1912:

At AP, ca. 1914/5.:

Near Moglev, summer of 1916:

He deserves to be honored.  So do the others who died with the family.
I agree completely.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Ausmanov

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
Wow. i had never seen any of those pictures. Their great.
God never closes a door without opening a window

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »
Many thanks for posting these. I knew just one.

I think that Nagorny must be praized for what he did for Alexei, as well as Trupp, Demidova, Kharitonov and Doctor Botkin, who died along with the Imperial Family.Maybe, people will laugh at me, but I think that these retainers must be canonized, as well as the Tsar and his family.They died only for being faithful to them.

RealAnastasia.

Offline bkohatl

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2009, 06:54:41 AM »
I hope that this idea won't die. It is easy to be loyal when you have shared in the rewards or inherited your position. Nagorny was an ordinary Russian, he like Deverenko could read the handwriting on the wall. It would have been so easy for Nagorny to follow his comrades example, because after all he was from the prolateriat. I always remember Thomas More's conversation with the Duke of Norfolk from a "Man for All Seasons", when Thomas stood up for principle when none of the nobility had the courage to. I think why I see Nagorny differently, is that it would have been so easy for him to walk away and go back to his family. I don't think the Czar or Czarina, much less the children would have blamed him. He had a whole other life and whole other family. He chose honor and I think love. I think his wife and children had every reason to be proud of him, another "Man for all Seasons."