Author Topic: French film star to play Rasputin in Russia-French TV production  (Read 22912 times)

Offline lilianna

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: French film star to play Rasputin in Russia-French TV production
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »
People do not want to know the real story. They want sensationalism. Rasputin and the Empress. We'll do a movie. Will be a lot of money.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 08:21:34 AM »
  Exactly, "lilianna", and the sooner this is realized, the better.  
  I would mention the following incident:  I had an occasion a few years ago, to speak informally at a social gathering with a representative of one of the larger and more successful movie studios.  A young poster on here had bemoaned the lack of, and in HER opinion, the need for a "real" movie depiction of the life of the Grand Duchess Anastasia N. As a curiosity, I mentioned this bit to the representative, (who DID indeed know of the Grand Duchess' pittifully short existence) and who correctly understood that without the "Anna Anderson" person and the method of her death, that the drawing power of AN was absolute ZERO.  His response to me concerning the poster who was championing such, was classic:  "And what planet does SHE live on?"  Regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:27:57 AM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline lilianna

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
All this is very sad.

Alixz

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »
Even in Nicholas & Alexandra there is a scene where one (who didn't know better) could infer that Rasputin and Alexandra did indeed have a "relationship".  The boudoir chapel scene where Alexandra kneels to Rasputin.  The scene ends, but it leaves the viewer to continue the scenario in his head.

Offline Nathalie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 03:25:39 AM »
I wonder how will it be...?
Just thought to share...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1886652/

(I am sure it shall be great as my very fav. actor, Vladimir Mashkov is among the cast:))
Dites-moi, Vladimir Lvovich, si j'avais une amie ou une sœur plus jeune, et si vous appreniez qu’elle…enfin, supposons qu’elle vous aime…que feriez vous á cette nouvelle?

Offline Nathalie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
ops, sorry, already a topic:)
Dites-moi, Vladimir Lvovich, si j'avais une amie ou une sœur plus jeune, et si vous appreniez qu’elle…enfin, supposons qu’elle vous aime…que feriez vous á cette nouvelle?

Offline delincolon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »
I certainly hope this is not another attack on Rasputin.  My book, "Rasputin and The Jews", depicts him as a humanitarian, in an effort to put an end to the myth.  I certainly hope this movie doesn't continue the sensationalism of the myth.  If they want sensationalism, there's still plenty of that in his efforts to keep the Romanovs from slaughtering the Jewish population in their pogroms.

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
From what I've read, it's going to be a film called "Rasputin" by the director Josée Dayan.
I've seen a clip of the filming at one point, but I can't seem to track it down.
I did track down an article with audio though. It explains a bit more about the film. Check it out!

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »
     Apparently we have two separate things here:   IF---and I stress "IF"---- this is in reference to the movie with Gerad Depardieu, I feel certain that this is already a topic on the Forum.  Refer to "Rasputin/ Began shooting the film "Rasputin".  Topic begun by "lilanna," on April 6, 2011 and topic contains 2 pages of comments #1-15.  
     HOWEVER, the initial inquiry here, is apparently about a "made for TV" film, reference to which (to my knowledge), apparently has not surfaced before.                                                                                 Regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:59:09 PM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 02:20:32 AM »
From what I've read, it's going to be a film called "Rasputin" by the director Josée Dayan.
I've seen a clip of the filming at one point, but I can't seem to track it down.
I did track down an article with audio though. It explains a bit more about the film

Sounds interesting.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Alixz

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 05:00:23 PM »
Since this looks to be another thread on the Depardieu film, I am going to merge the three threads.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:09:22 PM by Alixz »

Offline burger queen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
http://www.lefigaro.fr/cinema/2011/04/15/03002-20110415ARTFIG00691-depardieu-dans-la-peau-de-raspoutine.php

Poutine accepted to open the doors of Ioussoupov Palace and Tsarskoie Selo for the film. I learned also that the tsarina will be played by a an actress that I love, Fanny Ardant :

Offline burger queen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
However, I'm a bit scared of the director, Josée Dayan who is able to turn a great script in a flop.

This woman can be really dangerous "cinematically" (does the word exist ?).

Alixz

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
Gerard has put on some weight!