The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
July 22, 2014, 06:25:12 PM
460737 Posts in 8927 Topics by 14541 Members
Latest Member: lunasolem
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Imperial Family (Moderators: LisaDavidson, Sarushka, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, Svetabel)
| | |-+  Grand Duke Vladimir & Grand Duchess Leonida
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Grand Duke Vladimir & Grand Duchess Leonida  (Read 5295 times)
Reply #15
« on: May 25, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
Seth Leonard Offline
Boyar

View Profile

Grand Duchess Leonida appears several times in the following documentary, so you can judge her Russian language skills for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY8a1e8iKaE&feature=related
Reply #16
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »
RealAnastasia Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1896

View Profile

These are sad news for me...Even if I've never liked the Vladimirovichii too much, the death of Grand Duchess Leonida symbolizes the end of an era. And these kinds of ends are always sad. R.I.P, Grand Duchess...

RealAnastasia.
Reply #17
« on: May 26, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
Tsarevich Alexei fan13 Offline

View Profile WWW

Hi everyone,
Grand Duchess Leonida Georgiyevna Romanov died 3 days ago in Spain, at the age of 95. and is going to be buried in Russia. she was the last member of the Russian royal family born before the 1917 revolution.
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/last-romanov-born-in-russian-empire-grand-duchess-leonida-georgiyevna-romano-dead-at-95/19490922?
Reply #18
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
QueenEna1887 Offline
Graf
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 347

View Profile

A young man by the name of Dmitrialex777 wrote years ago on this board that Vladimir Cyrilovich and Leonida Georgievna's marriage was invalid because it was not recognized by the Russian Orthodox church for they were married in a Serbian Orthodox Church in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1948. Is this true? If so where could I find information regarding this?  I've also heard on more than one ocassion that they were married in the Serbian Orthodox church and if one who of the Russian Orthodox faith marries in the Serbian Orthodox faith can be exccommunicated from the church or something of that matter.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: