Author Topic: Anastasia the loudest baby?  (Read 10531 times)

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
  • You cannot imagine the half of my suffering.
    • View Profile
Anastasia the loudest baby?
« on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:26 AM »
i read somewhere that Anastasia was the loudest baby, as far as crying constantly is concerned. i wondered if this was true and Anastasia was the loudest baby, i never doubted why it would be until i read something else about Tatiana being the loudest, anyone know?

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia the loudest baby?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:03 AM »
This is the first time I've heard anything on the subject. I know that Maria was nicknamed "the amiable baby," but that was more in regards to her personality than her volume.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »
I've also never heard anything on this subject. I've read various diary entries by Nicholas and Alexandra noting the babies crying or being quiet but nothing so far as, "[Name] was the loudest baby".
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline AnastasiaNikolaevna

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »
i read somewhere that Anastasia was the loudest baby, as far as crying constantly is concerned. i wondered if this was true and Anastasia was the loudest baby, i never doubted why it would be until i read something else about Tatiana being the loudest, anyone know?

Hmmm....I don't know if  this is true or not, but I feel like I read that also......Trouble is I just can't remember which book it's from. Hmmmmm........
You are filled with anguish
For the suffering of others
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
Forever cold and pitiless
But only if you could look upon
Your Own sadness From a distance
Oh, how you would pity yourself
How sadly you would we

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »
Don't you remember where you read that? It may help us. Some sources, as such as Wikipedia, may have wrong facts. Was it a book or something?

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:04:52 AM »
I'm going to take a guess here and say Anastasia The Lost Princess. But BTW, it was a horrible book and I DO NOT suggest reading it!
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
How sadly you would we

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 07:17:29 AM »
I've never read this book, I must say, but I'll research that for you. If you have read this in any website, I would say it was probably mistaken, we know how much this websites can be wrong. But I'll research it. ;)

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 07:35:34 AM »
Thanks! Well, the book was written before 2008, so they have pictures of some odd woman claiming to be Anastasia, NOT Anna Anderson, how she loved to go to Palm Beach, Florida (???) and was extremely quiet and liked to read.

I know I'm a newbie, but I don't think any of this sounds like thee Nastasya I know!
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
How sadly you would we

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
Oh, dear.

The book 'Anastasia: The Lost Princess' by James Blair Lovell is a book full of quotes by Anna Anderson regarding her 'life'.
I don't know why you say it was not about Anna Anderson. Because it very much is.
Anything in this book should be taken with a grain of salt, if taken at all.

I would try to find it in the book but when I was fourteen I cut the pictures of the Romanovs out and threw it in the trash.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »
I've never read this book. I didn't even know it was all about AA. Here in Brazil, we don't have much books about them, so it's pretty hard. But thank you for the information, Holly. I knew it must be a misunderstanding. Either Nicholas nor Alix would compare their babies crying. That was probably made up by AA.

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 02:16:48 PM »
Oh, dear.

The book 'Anastasia: The Lost Princess' by James Blair Lovell is a book full of quotes by Anna Anderson regarding her 'life'.
I don't know why you say it was not about Anna Anderson. Because it very much is.
Anything in this book should be taken with a grain of salt, if taken at all.

I would try to find it in the book but when I was fourteen I cut the pictures of the Romanovs out and threw it in the trash.

Really?! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I didn't read very far along at all, but now that you say that I suppose it does make sense.....sorry, again!!
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
How sadly you would we

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:24 AM »
Yeah...I do wonder why people were so captivated by her---she didn't look like Anastasia at all! No offense if there is an Anna Anderson fan here, but I think it was kind of a disrespect to Nastya, in a way. She died with her family, never divided from her dear sisters, and didn't deserve some phony galavanting around pretending to be her. Plus, I think it was a bit ridiculous that "Anastasia" would try to commit suicide in Berlin just because she couldn't find any relatives! That certainly doesn't sound like the Stana we know and love!
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
How sadly you would we

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
Plus, I think it was a bit ridiculous that "Anastasia" would try to commit suicide in Berlin just because she couldn't find any relatives! That certainly doesn't sound like the Stana we know and love!

I don't think there are any AA supporters around these days.

You can't say what someone would or wouldn't do after having witnessed and survived the murder of your parents and siblings. Obviously, nobody commits suicide for one little reason such as 'couldn't find any relatives'. That might be the very last hit, but it certainly does not make up the whole picture.

We don't know all the things that go on inside another persons mind. We don't KNOW Anastasia. And if she had survived the night of 17 July, we certainly wouldn't be able to predict the changes in her mind.

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
That is true, but for the most part, it's seemed a bit much, and unlike the little we do know about her.
And no one's grief
Has ever passed you by
You are relentless
Only towards yourself
How sadly you would we

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »
That is true, but for the most part, it's seemed a bit much, and unlike the little we do know about her.

'It seemed a bit much'? Losing the only things you knew and watching your family murdered in front of you doesn't seem like enough?

Too many people, especially those 'new' to the Romanovs tend to put them into some kind of stereotype.
Olga was a clever, hot-tempered bookworm. Tatiana was a dutiful and practical 'governess'. Maria was sweet and gentle. Anastasia always clowning around and effervescent.

To put them into these boxes is ridiculous. They were humans and had mood swings like us.

Tatiana once stuck her tongue out to a crowd, Maria had a bad temper at times and could 'bellow at one', and Anastasia was surprisingly sensitive and interested in more than just jokes.