Author Topic: How is everyone today?  (Read 93778 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: How is everyone today?
« Reply #420 on: October 06, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »
well there are two Russias if one is looking at the past: Tsarist  Russia or  Communist Russia....which does he hate ? I would think  since his dislike stems from the cold war era,  it would be Communist Russia , so why defend Stalin's !? Seems to me what he after is getting you mad!

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »
^ I don't know. I know I'm giving him a bad image here but his a good guy over all (sometimes like everyone else, he can be a jerk) i really don't know whats his probelm is over the Romanovs. Another thing he says when it comes to July 16/17, i guess to tease me or just whats to piss me off, is that draw bullet holes on their picture. which isn't right. My stepfather is nice guy but when it comes to Politics, Religion and Foreign ways, his views can be harsh, it could be a lot worse. after all they're people out there that want me dead because I'm an American and a Christian.

Offline Mersan

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Sure is nice guy, don't worry Mandi, we all make comments unfortunate, is human.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:28:36 PM by Mersan »

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »
Sounds like he's a Cold Warrior who can't accept his war is over.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2011, 09:28:25 PM »
I is sooooo tired. My BFF/"sisters" wedding was today, she was so beautiful, I thought I was going to cry. Then I thought I was going to trip going up the isle(I was a brides maid) because our dresses were really long and poofy-ish and her mom wanted us to do the stagger walk. Which was something I'd never done before, I don't think anyone noticed but I didn't alternate my steps the right way, and I was shaking the whole way. Oh well. Then we had to stand out side for the receiving line, wouldn't have been so bad except it was really cold out/rainy and my and my other bff/"sisters" feet hurt so bad. We had to stand in the kitchen of the firehall were everything was taking place for an hour(there were no chairs at all for us to sit in) then we had to stand of course for the ceremony and receiving line.
However, it was still an amazing wedding and I couldn't be happier for my friend and her husband, wow that was weird to type, lol. She is so happy.

K, I think that's enough of me rambling. Lol.

Offline Galactic_Misfit

• Currently living in the jetstream
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
My sister and I are moving to a new town on November 1, so we're going crazy packing and stuff. But my cousin just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on the 12th. she's her first baby and I couldn't be happier for her.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:33:54 PM by strange_phenom »

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 25, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »
I had an intersting day today. At Chapters, I met a new employee, her name was Anastasia (her parents came from Russia).  I got to talking to her, and she wasn't sure, but she may have been named after the Imp.  I told her about this board, Greg and Penny's book, and other things.  It was interesting to meet someone with the same name as one of OTMA.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Today was pretty good. I'm sleepy and it didn't help that I had my two most boring classes, which are both an hour and a half, today back to back.

Offline bonbon823

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 25, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Tired, and...bummed.  I've been trying to get back into the workforce after being out for 15 years raising my kids, but no one wants to hire someone my age with rusty skills.  Done trying, at least for the time being.

Offline bestfriendsgirl

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2011, 07:45:32 AM »
Boy can I ever relate! I worked part-time for years when my kids were little, and took a full-time job when my youngest was 9. I moved on to something that paid very well, only to be laid off in July 2010 after 4.5 years. There's nothing, and I mean nothing out there! I just turned 50 and it's all really getting me down.

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 26, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
Well I'm doing pretty well. Nothin spectacular has happened today.

Offline bonbon823

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:24 AM »
Bestfriendsgirl, I know what you mean.  I can't even get seasonal work.  They're hiring young ones and if you have no skills in this area, like me, they won't look at you.  I've always done secretarial-type work but my skills aren't current so...

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #432 on: October 27, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
I know how many you ladies and gentlemen feel. :'(
 I'm 22 and jobless, i found myself a bit more in pickle, reason why since i just started living in the "real" world, as they call it and I cant go on in living as i can - no job or career, i feel very helpless.  I'm so worried about my future its making ill and depressed. At the same time I do feel a bit lucky, since they're so many people out there in worse conditions then I.  having a family to support or not, i really do feel your pain and i will keep you all in my prayers, and please pray for me too.

I have a terrible head cold for since Monday, still not feeling better.

Offline bonbon823

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2011, 07:58:19 AM »
Oh Mandie, I'm sorry for your situation.  I will keep you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon.

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 05, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
I'm doing pretty good, my aunts visiting for a few days, its awesome!