Author Topic: "Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson" by King And Wilson  (Read 148417 times)

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: "Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson" by King And Wilson
« Reply #300 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
I also believed AA's ashes were buried at Seeon, but after doing some research on the net, I discovered that most of the notices about her would speak of her cremated remains being "...scattered..." close to the place of this plaque.

I agree about the potential appeal to tourist this gravesite could have. AA was not Anastasia, but she was the woman who claimed to be she for six decades . She is a character by herself, even if she was not a Romanov.

RealAnastasia.

Offline Greg_King

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Atlantis Magazine
« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:27 PM »
Her ashes were in a small box/container and placed into the ground, not scattered-we talked to several people who had been present at the ceremony and remember distinctly Jack handing the box over and watching it placed into the hole.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2011, 01:13:10 AM »
Yeah, I read that part, and that Jack held on to the ashes until all the details were worked out.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2011, 06:40:37 AM »
Re Reply #331, Ashes of AA buried "whole", not scattered:  Thanks, Greg for the clarification, thus I understand that the "cremains" were a burial as a whole unit below/or very near the wall memorial marker, based on eyewittnesses at the time/site.    Regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:43:08 AM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »
Thanks for the insight. So it means that her ashes are still there?

RealAnastasia.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:41:35 AM by Alixz »

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »
Yeah, they no doubt are.

toscany

« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »
Although Greg King and Penny Wilson say that Anna Anderson was Franziska Schanzkowska, circumstantial evidence supporting that Anna Anderson was Anastasia is immense. It is very sad, and at the same time interesting they switched positions. It is a shame that Greg King and Penny Wilson only reviewed the Hesse archives. Many people know that after the Hamburg Court declared a stalemate, the lawyer hired by the Hesse family, Dr. von Berenberg-Gosler, went to work for them at Schloss Wolfsgarten, along with a historian and a librarian. Gosler spent several years cleaning and weeding through what information they would make "available" to the public. If they would have only searched the many other archives available in Europe, King and Wilson would have discovered the true fate of the Imperial Family, and why Anastasia was punished and rejected by some her own relatives. They are very far from the truth. Fortunately, soon everything is going to be uncovered. Yes, no more lies and misinformation! Definitely, the "final word" on this story is about to be revealed.

Alixz

« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
In the view of this forum, the "final word" on the story has already been revealed.

I am asking that this topic is not hijacked to become another platform for alternate theories or half/truths.

I am asking a nicely as possible.

toscany

« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
In the view of this forum, the "final word" on the story has already been revealed.

I am asking that this topic is not hijacked to become another platform for alternate theories or half/truths.

I am asking a nicely as possible.

Agreed. And it is a promise!  No conspiracy theory will be mentioned.  There is no need...

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
Fortunately, soon everything is going to be uncovered. Yes, no more lies and misinformation! Definitely, the "final word" on this story is about to be revealed.

And I have this bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

Offline Greg_King

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Atlantis Magazine
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
And I HAVE to say that this absurd notion that we ONLY consulted the Hessian archives is, frankly, a word I can't say here. Check the sources-we worked in the Hamburg archives with the trial documents; with private archives; with archives from Peter Kurth; from Ian Lilburn (the last 2 AA supporters) and any number of others.

Saying we worked only with a pilfered and selective Staatsarchiv collection in Darmstadt is rot, pure and simple-but par for the course for those who don't bother to actually read the book and look at the sources

Alixz

« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
Greg - Thank you.  It is true that anyone who wants to comment on the sources for "Resurrection of the Romanovs" should read the sources pages.

As is my job here, I have been trying very delicately to defuse this most possible hijacking of this thread on your book.

I do want to ask all to follow the rules of the forum.  If you don't listen to me, then I am sure you will hear from the Forum Administrator.

To all posters - please no snarking.  To all posters - please observe the rules.

I know for a fact that if someone begins to post things that FA had forbidden, they will be removed.  FA owns the forum.  FA sets the rules.

I also know that FA has set up a "Myths" section where he allows those who still do not believe to post their thoughts and outlooks.

I am probably too soft at times and I do try to be as gentle as possible when rebuking someone.  I even use PMs before I post for the public so I have been attending to this current disruption, but I ask again that "snarking" stops.  

Let's all be like President Obama and ask for a less vitriolic way of expressing ourselves.

But above all - please follow the rules! 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:41:06 AM by Alixz »

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »
Although Greg King and Penny Wilson say that Anna Anderson was Franziska Schanzkowska, circumstantial evidence supporting that Anna Anderson was Anastasia is immense. It is very sad, and at the same time interesting they switched positions. It is a shame that Greg King and Penny Wilson only reviewed the Hesse archives. Many people know that after the Hamburg Court declared a stalemate, the lawyer hired by the Hesse family, Dr. von Berenberg-Gosler, went to work for them at Schloss Wolfsgarten, along with a historian and a librarian. Gosler spent several years cleaning and weeding through what information they would make "available" to the public. If they would have only searched the many other archives available in Europe, King and Wilson would have discovered the true fate of the Imperial Family, and why Anastasia was punished and rejected by some her own relatives. They are very far from the truth. Fortunately, soon everything is going to be uncovered. Yes, no more lies and misinformation! Definitely, the "final word" on this story is about to be revealed.

Oh, its YOU again. The one in Georgia who has been making these same allegations for years. Umm, its been what three? four years? since you starting saying "the final word is ABOUT to be revealed"? Well, still nothing "revealed". DUH.

Direction to all mods: This poster is not allowed to make any further statements ANYWHERE IN THE FORUM to this same effect UNLESS accompanied by the specific documentation and source citations to support them. Any such posts are to be summarily removed without further notice.  Unless and until this happens, this line of conversation is over. Period.

FA

Offline Ilana

• Knyaz
  • I love any info on VMH
    • View Profile
    • Queen Victoria's Granddaughters
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2011, 11:01:34 AM »
Oh, darn, wanted to hear the "final word".  Just kidding, guys!!!!!!

Greg, Penny, I have finished the book and want to let you know that I am in awe of your research and conclusions. To plow through all the trial documents is, I feel, the Olympics of historical research.

Well done.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
Here is a quote from Greg King back in July on the FS Pt 7 thread regarding the then upcoming book:

"While we cannot really discuss the contents of the book at this point, I do want to stick my neck out a bit and say this: I wouldn't be too hard on the people who still believe AA was Anastasia or who harbor doubts-not because myself or Penny have any doubt but that she was Franziska-but because I suspect that many people are exactly as we were: filled with unanswered questions, and wanting to see evidence reconciled to the DNA results. It took us ten years to actually go through all of the documentation, most of which has never been published, to understand that what we all believed to be true about the AA case-about the evidence in her favor-was often lacking. We, like everyone else, had read around both sides of the case, but the overwhelming bulk of evidence was always suggestive of AA having been Anastasia; only after going back to original source material did we find that much of this evidence in her favor does not hold up. It was very important for us to answer all of the questions we had-just as I suspect that those who still believe AA was Anastasia want to see their questions answered. Hopefully we can do that in this book. It is meant with no disrespect when I say that I believe that most of them are-as we were-wanting only these answers. Without them, the case remains an intriguing enigma of "How did AA know X, Y, or Z?" The problem, as we found, is that the record of AA's case-the evidence in AA's favor-was grossly distorted back in the 1920s and these errors have been unknowingly perpetuated because no real investigation has taken place since the 1994 DNA. My point is just this: Don't be too hard on those who still believe-a decade ago Penny and myself were amongst their ranks, wanting answers; we just happen to have been fortunate to have worked hard at finding them. I think we will find that, once people can see what we have uncovered and the answers we found, that many will come to the same conclusion as we did regarding the absolute certainty that AA was Franziska. It has less to do with ignoring the DNA than it does with reconciling the evidence, which I hope we have done."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:39:52 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/