Author Topic: Bavarian Royal Jewels  (Read 26155 times)

Offline Alejandro Spain

• View Profile
Bavarian Royal Jewels
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
Hello! I  would like to know more about the Bavarian Royal Jewels. It seems that the collection was amazing!

What about this ruby and diamond parure to begin the topic?

Regards!

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Bavarian Royal Jewels
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
I have to say I don't know anything about them, except that, that is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't mind owning it. Or at least wearing it like once and getting my picture.

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
It has nice details, but is really so tall that it looks monstrous. Very Empire, isn't it?
Evidently it's Queen Therese's ruby and spinel diadem, a gift from her husband King Ludwig I.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:33:01 PM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:54 AM »
here a most "perfect" image of the tiara

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
OMG!! That is extremly beautiful. (IMO) I really, really like it! ;D

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Is it the same than the posted at first? The first looks silver and the second more golden

Offline Alexander1917

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
yes, it's the same, only othe rlight and position of the camera

here is a link to some bavarian jewels (and also this very huge rubin spinell parure)

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/bayern/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »
Some Bavarian jewels are coming up for auction:

This tiara:  http://www.sothebys.com/es/auctions/ecatalogue/2013/magnificent-jewels-and-noble-jewels-ge1302/lot.368.lotnum.html

"This tiara was originally part of the wedding present from Queen Isabella II of Spain to her daughter Infanta María de la Paz, Princess of Bourbon (b.1862-1946), who married Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria (b.1859-1949), in 1883 at the Palacio Real, Madrid."

This necklace (photo courtesy of RJOTWMB)  http://www.sothebys.com/es/auctions/ecatalogue/2013/magnificent-jewels-and-noble-jewels-ge1302/lot.563.lotnum.html

"Originally owned by Queen Therese of Bavaria, Princess of Saxe-Hildburghausen (b.1792-1854) who bequested the jewels to her second son, King Otto of Greece, Prince of Bavaria (b.1832-1862). As he and his wife, Queen Amalia of Greece, Princess of Oldenburg b.(1818-1875), were childless these jewels were handed down to the king's nephew, Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria (b.1859-1949), thence by descent. The parure his known within the family as the 'Queen Amalia Parure'."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:01:20 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 07:09:01 AM »
I thought the earrings were smaller and it looks better in the Sotheby´s  :-( . Still, a beautiful demi parure

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Minty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 04:46:20 PM »
I am not sure if this subject is considered dead but I have some pictures that I think might be appreciated. Sorry if I have done anything wrong, it's my first post here. Hi! :)

This is the Ruby and Diamond parure. Sadly I can't remember who the lady with the baby is.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
I am not sure if this subject is considered dead but I have some pictures that I think might be appreciated. Sorry if I have done anything wrong, it's my first post here. Hi! :)

This is the Ruby and Diamond parure. Sadly I can't remember who the lady with the baby is.

I regret not being able to be more definitive source-wise, but some years ago, (I THINK it may well have been a several page photo article in the magazine "National Geographic" on royal gems, etc.) a statement therein remarked that some of the larger "rubies" (especially in the tiara and bracelet/s ?) had prominent surface scratches consistent with the composition of GLASS.  I have never taken the opportunity to follow up on this, however.    AP.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
The lady on the left is Crown Princess Antonia of Bavaria. The lady with the baby is Crown Princess Cecile of Prussia with her eldest, Prince Wilhelm.

Minty--you did great for your first post. :)  Welcome and I hope to see and hear more from you. That center picture is one of the best I've seen of the Bavarian tiara--that thing is immense!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:26:44 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/