Author Topic: Who looks looks like the Romanovs?  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Who looks looks like the Romanovs?
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
It could be you or your friend, or maybe even a celebrity. I just want to know if I'm the only one noticing some similarities in today's generation that reminds us of everyone's favorite Romanov family. Even I look like Tatiana!

~Alice
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

Offline Alice_Karadjordjavic

• View Profile
Re: Who looks looks like the Romanovs?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:00:58 PM »
Whoops, Gorse is my sis, and she didn't log out! That's my message! My bad, sorry!

~Alice
"We love Him because He first loved us."~1 John 4:9-10

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
i had a canadian Bf who slightly looks like Gd mikhail Alexandrovich. Back in those years when we had a relationship i had no idea about Nicholas II siblings  tho.

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
Alice! DX Wow, I don't need to logout, you need to log in! That's so awesome Katenka!
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

Offline amartin71718

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:08:20 PM »
You two are siblings? Nice! Let's see, look-alikes....Ah, one of my friends looks like Irina Alexandrovna.
I'm back on my bull****.

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »
You two are siblings? Nice! Let's see, look-alikes....Ah, one of my friends looks like Irina Alexandrovna.

We're twins.... Really?! I wish I knew a look-alike!

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »
My, you two are lucky to share the same interest enough to belong to the same forum!  :) I wish I knew someone, (in person, of course, because I know all of you online,) who was interested in the Romanovs before they met me...ah, wishing, hoping...  :D
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »
My, you two are lucky to share the same interest enough to belong to the same forum!  :) I wish I knew someone, (in person, of course, because I know all of you online,) who was interested in the Romanovs before they met me...ah, wishing, hoping...  :D
Same. I seem to convert people before hand. Example: ALL of my nieces and nephews know love The Beatles, but only after couple of hours of my Beatle-torment. ^^;

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:33 PM »
Ha, funny. I wish it was that way with me.  :( Sometimes I get rather lonley, (if that is the right word) for a friend in person who loves the Romanovs as much as I do. (same with Judy Garland)
I sort-of converted this really good friend of mine, but not as much as any of us. We were talking about the Romanovs alot, and making up praticial jokes Anastasia might have played on her sisters while we were swimming...It was a very nice feeling to be doing that, but the trouble is, she lives all the way at the bottom of the state I live in, and I live more towards the top. So...  :-\
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »
Ha, funny. I wish it was that way with me.  :( Sometimes I get rather lonley, (if that is the right word) for a friend in person who loves the Romanovs as much as I do. (same with Judy Garland)
I sort-of converted this really good friend of mine, but not as much as any of us. We were talking about the Romanovs alot, and making up praticial jokes Anastasia might have played on her sisters while we were swimming...It was a very nice feeling to be doing that, but the trouble is, she lives all the way at the bottom of the state I live in, and I live more towards the top. So...  :-\
I got my hair cut short to be like Judy Garland!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
You mean you like her too? Or did you just realize your hair looks like hers? And, short meaning, (if it's the first, for you'd have no idea what I'm talking about if it's the latter,) like during A Star is Born, or MGM, cause there's different interpretations of short.  :)

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
You mean you like her too? Or did you just realize your hair looks like hers? And, short meaning, (if it's the first, for you'd have no idea what I'm talking about if it's the latter,) like during A Star is Born, or MGM, cause there's different interpretations of short.  :)
I cut it short so I can style it like she had in the 50's, before a Star is Born I think. I always loved and Mickey Rooney!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »
A Star is Born was made in 1954, and her hair was short in it, mostly.  I like her movies with Mickey, too. I used to call him Mickey Looney before I saw very many, but after seeing Girl Crazy, which I like very much, I call him by his proper name now, and have even saved some pictures of Judy with that effervescent personage.   ;D

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
  • You cannot imagine the half of my suffering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
wow you two are sisters and you both have an interest in the romanovs- you are so lucky! i can't imagine having someone to talk to about it that actually got it or cared! lucky you!

Offline amartin71718

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »
There is a girl in my grade who's looks remind me a lot of Alexandra as a teen. They have the same hairstyle (long, wavy ponytail w/fringe, though not red/gold =[ ) and have the same face shape (although she doesn't have Alexandra's nose =] ). And the class we happen to share is German II! Coincidence?
I'm back on my bull****.