Author Topic: We should make a Romanov Video Game  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
We should make a Romanov Video Game
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
Thanks to these forums people come together, and we all have different talents and such. Wouldn't it be cool (if possible) to make a historically correct video game, or just write how it would be like.

Example, if I were making this game I'd start it off with a brief slideshow Historical thing about the family, then you can play and talk to anyone of NAOTMAA and/if/or their tutors around the palace. You do small tasks like, take a photo, find a doll etc. And at the end of every level, you receive a photo of the family from the year you are playing. And the game will eventually end (after going through series of historical events) at the Ipateiv House.

I can just imagine, if you play Alexei, he can only run into so many things before he gets bruised. There can be a level of Anastasia trying to get him into a crowd and what not.

Well I don't mean that this should become real, I just hope it would. But in the mean time, lets just imagine it!

I would name it The fate of the Romanovs or something like that.
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

Offline Alice_Karadjordjavic

• View Profile
Re: We should make a Romanov Video Game
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
Yeah, I can imagine that, and with mini games too,(depending on what chapter you're on) like when Nicky save Anastasia from drowning! I think some of the chapters you have to ace to get to your lessons on time, or all sorts of stuff! I think you can really build on this, after all, most video games are short and have a ton of holes in them, but with the Romanovs, you can just keep on building to it!

~Alice
"We love Him because He first loved us."~1 John 4:9-10

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:17:57 PM »
I don't know, if I saw such I game, I might want to do what James T. Kirk did with the Kobayashi Maru scenario, namely change the rules so I could save them.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline Alice_Karadjordjavic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
That's true, TimM, I wouldn't really want them to die, I mean go through all those levels and have all your characters die off would seem like the "lost weekend" in your life: It's there, and you don't want it to be there....
It'd still be a cool idea, though! I wonder if they could make a Curse of the Romanovs (book by Statin Rabin) movie and/or video game! It's still a fictional book, but I really thought it was a good read, and love'd to see it go far.:)

~Alice
"We love Him because He first loved us."~1 John 4:9-10

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
That would be interesting... I would learn how to play video games for that!  :)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Antie

• <- See her? She is Tatiana, the Leader of OTMA!
    • View Profile
    • Diaphanitas
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
I've been wanting to play Tatiana in either a fighting game like Melty Blood or in a Final Fight clone.

I'd also love a very-well-done OTMA anime series.
Avatar from Tatiana + Olga | Governess - The Tatiana Fanlisting
"She's so bossy that we call her "the Governess."" - Anastasia from Anastasia, the Last Grand Duchess.

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »
What outfits do you think of them would wear for level one?
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »
Well, depends on whether the whole game is set during one year, or each level is a different year. If it is the latter, what year were you thinking of it starting at?
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
Well, depends on whether the whole game is set during one year, or each level is a different year. If it is the latter, what year were you thinking of it starting at?
I was thinking whole latter, maybe the year would be 1909 or 1910. What do you think?

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:09:59 PM »
Well, I was imagining it starting earlier, like, before the 1900s, even. Just throwing it out there, but maybe it could start when Nicholas and Alix meet, so it would make more sense to people who do not know anything about the Romanovs...  :-\

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »
That's cool. After the Jap-Russo war and before the Bloody Sunday massacre too?

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
I don't quite get what you mean...weren't those two events both in 1905? and plus, N&A met in 1884...
The Bloody Sunday Massacre would be scary, I don't know if I would play that part, (if you can skip parts in video games, of course. I'm practially clueless on these sorts of matters, as I've never played one before...)

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »
Oh, here I'll explain, usually, if a video game has a back story, there's usually a little video or slideshow and story about the game.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Oh, I see. So...if it were starting around 1910, what would happen? Visit to Germany? Or everyday activities around the palace? And what time of year would it be?

Offline I-TsarevichAlexei13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
Gorseheart, Love the idea of a Romanov video game. What about Sims 3?

I wish they would make a all-exclusive Romanov sims 3 expansion pack, and you can download actual buildings, and play either of NAOTMAA, and converse with servants (they make them look exactly or hopefully like them) Because, for me when I build the Alexander Palace in sims 3 (my thread sims 3 alexander palace) i am dissapointed because the ceilings do not go as high as the actual ones at AP do. I wish the sims 3 could make accurate furnishings, and buildings, and you could be anyone of the imperial family. lol i have a lovely imagination :P
Mama clutched my hand, as she smiled weakly.. Then the door handle turned and they walked in.. her smile faded... and the clutch on my hand grew tighter...