Author Topic: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)  (Read 174187 times)

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
Re: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2005, 01:23:45 PM »

Greece's former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie walk in the garden of the Presidential Palace in Athens, Friday Aug. 13, 2004, during a reception given by Greek President Costis Stephanopoulos for guests attending the Olympic Games. Constantine, an IOC member, and a gold medallist in sailing in the 1960 Games in Rome, visited the palace, his former home, for the first time since December 1967.(AP Photo/George Kontarinis, Eurokinissi)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2005, 01:26:43 PM »

Greece's former King Constantine, waving at right, joints other members of his family and friend as spectators on a boat, as Greek skipper Sofia Bekatorou and crew Aimilia Tsoulfa sail their women's double-handed 470 dinghy to victory during the 10th race of the 470 class sailing event at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, Thursday, Aug. 19, 2004. The Greek team has secured their 1st place during the competition before the last race scheduled for Saturday. (AP Photo/Herbert Knosowski)

PRINCE CHARLES WINDSURFING AT COWES, WITH KING CONSTANTINE OF GREECE. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 08/06/1979 COWES, England United Kingdom
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by palimpsest »
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2005, 01:30:01 PM »

Former King Constantine of Greece and his wife Queen Anne Marie pass press photographers on their way to the Royal Theater in Copenhagen on Thursday, May 13, 2004. On the eve of the marriage of Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian-born fiancee Mary Donaldson the royals attended a show featuring ballet, classical music, jazz and rock music. (AP Photo/Heribert Proepper)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2005, 01:33:51 PM »

MARIE-CHANTAL MILLER KISSING KING CONSTANTINE OF GREECE AT HER WEDDING TO CROWN PRINCE PAVLOS OF GREECE AT ST SOPHIA'S GREEK CATHEDRAL, LONDON. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 07/01/1995
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

AT THE CHRISTENING OF PRINCE ACHILEAS ANDRAES, THIRD CHILD OF CROWN PRINCE AND CROWN PRINCESS PAVLOS OF GREECE CHRISTENED AT THE GREEK CATHEDRAL - KING CONSTANTINE OF GREECE HOLDING HIS GRANDSON PRINCE CONSTANTINE ALEXIOS. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 06/07/2001 LONDON
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2005, 01:38:30 PM »

King Constantine of Greece poses with cabinet ministers for the first official photo of the national government, April 26, 1967, in Athens, installed after the April 20 military coup. Left to right, first row, Col. George Papadopoulus, Premier Constaninos Kollias, King Contantine, Lt. Gen. Grigorio Spatidakis, unidentified minister. In the second row, flanking Constantine, are Gen. George Zoitakis, left, and Brig. Gen. Stylianos Patacos. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2005, 01:49:13 PM »

King Constantine of Greece with Queen Anne-Marie attending a reception at the Christiansborg Palace to celebrate the forthcoming marriage of her nephew, the Crown Prince (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)05/11/2004 COPENHAGEN, Denmark
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2005, 02:04:42 PM »

ARRIVALS FOR LUNCHEON ON THE DANISH ROYAL YACHT ON THE RIVER THAMES , CROWN PRINCE PAVLOS OF GREECE WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER QUEEN FREDERIKA. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 06/30/1995 LONDON
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »

EX-KING CONSTANTINE OF GREECE WITH HIS WIFE QUEEN ANNE-MARIE, THEIR DAUGHTER PRINCESS ALEXIA AND HER FIANCE CARLOS MORALES QUINTANA WITH HIS PARENTS AT BRIDGEWATER HOUSE FOR A PRE-WEDDING PARTY. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)
07/07/1999 LONDON
I, Claudius

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2005, 10:39:09 PM »
ARRIVALS FOR LUNCHEON ON THE DANISH ROYAL YACHT ON THE RIVER THAMES , CROWN PRINCE PAVLOS OF GREECE WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER QUEEN FREDERIKA. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 06/30/1995 LONDON

That's not Frederika--isn't it his maternal grandmother Queen Ingrid of Denmark?
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2005, 10:49:17 PM »
Alexia's wedding--she's wearing the tiara that was a wedding present to her great-grandmother Margaret 'Daisy' of Connaught. The tiara was left to Daisy's only daughter, Queen Ingrid of Denmark--mother of Queen Anne Marie of Greece.

I think there's something of Daisy in Alexia's face.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Vasilya

• ...from the fire...a spark...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »
Aspasia Manos was never granted the title of Queen. And can you both give more detail about both of your stories. I don't want to sound stupid but isn't Stavros Niacharos the one Paris Hilton is dating?
In the future, people will not say that the Greeks fought like heros. but rather that heros fight like Greeks...

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2006, 04:46:11 AM »
I think it was the father he was talking about. But I thought he was later married to Tina Onasiss (Ari's ex-wife and grandmother to the current heiress Athina).  ???

Offline Maki

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »
As I recall, the ruby bracelet was lost in a Swiss airport.
I have a personal interest in the Greek royal family and am fond of them, however, a "great documentary" would chronicle the long standing conflict between the Greek politicals and the  comings and goings of the monarchs. This was more of an "entertainment bio" of Constantine. There are more than 2 sides to the stories behind his reign, the coups, the generals junta, counter-coup and the present uneasy settlement between the powers-that-be and the powers-that-were.
Cheers,
Robert

A couple of years ago when I was in Aegina, I visited the cathedral there and saw an Olympic gold medal for yachting placed next to the ikon of Saint Nektarios.  As far as I'm aware, the only gold medal won in the Olympics for yachting was won by (then) Crown Prince Constantine.  The fact that someone--maybe even Tino--would put something like this in that place makes me wish I knew the whole story.  Did Constantine have any special connection to Aegina that you know of?