Author Topic: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)  (Read 163268 times)

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
Re: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 07:27:31 AM »
They are a married couple who through the mid nineties dominated day time TV, they work together and after years doing a morning show called This Morning, moved down south with a 6 figure contract.

I wouldn't worry if you've not heard of them, they aren't particularly note worthy.... it was just a minor fact that people who had, would find interesting.

That must be a severe trial for him, having to live next door to Richard and Judy.  It must be quite noisy when the bins get emptied.....
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline DOMOVOII

• Boyar
  • Crikey chief!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 02:23:38 PM »
hee hee hee (tsk tsk!!!!!)

(Private joke..... Richard had been implicated in a minor shoplifting case regarding wine from a high street supermarket....allegedly Judy also made a Janet Jackson style "presentation" at a BAFTA awards a few years ago!!!)

Back to the thread....
A stand can be taken against an army of men, but no stand can be made against an invasion of an idea          V Hugo

Alicky1872

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 06:52:27 PM »
(When I first moved to England and saw Richard and Judy, I thought they were mother and son!) ;D

Is it largely King Constantine's sister (the Queen of Spain) and Queen Anne Marie's sister (the Queen of Denmark) that support them financially?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alicky1872 »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 10:51:11 AM »
I love Richard & Judy---really so camp aren't they ? Thanks Domonovii, I knew there was more to the money tale on the Tatoi settlement. Just could not remember it !
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »
(When I first moved to England and saw Richard and Judy, I thought they were mother and son!) ;D

Is it largely King Constantine's sister (the Queen of Spain) and Queen Anne Marie's sister (the Queen of Denmark) that support them financially?

You're not kidding!  Have you seen Judy recently; more to the point does anyone watch Judy?  She is a wreck!  No doubt at this juncture some afficiando will steam in, contradict me flatly and tell me how Judy Finnegan is lovely and charming and related to the Hohenlohe-Langenburgs (not to mention baptised iin the Anglican faith)....
Anyway Alicky, like the nincompoop that I am it hadn't occurred to me that his sister was the consort of a reigning monarch and his sister-in-law also a reigning monarch...with plenty of cash perhaps?  Hmm....

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline DOMOVOII

• Boyar
  • Crikey chief!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 12:07:59 PM »

If he 'just' got 7 million, then why does he need supporting, if he didn't take the 7 mill,  he must be managing pretty well some other ways...would you turn to your kith and kin?  Can Royals use their personal finances, SO personally, with out the anti-Monarchists using it as  another argument against them. I can't imagine the British press thanking Her Majesty if she supported the Grand Duchess Hanzenk-Neees von Bumps und Daisy,* brother, sister or otherwise.

*before I get messages, my innoffensive joke name is meant totally innocently and in no way disparages any relation of the Queen and is used to suggest a non UK family member, ...a foreigner to the UK. No harm is meant, any offence is unintentional.

oh,... now, Judy needs our help... Please call and one of our Operators,  will pour another large Gin, and wring out a damp flannel for her and microwave the wheat-bag. Please call! Before the DT's reach the jowls and people get hurt.!

A stand can be taken against an army of men, but no stand can be made against an invasion of an idea          V Hugo

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 12:40:12 PM »

If he 'just' got 7 million, then why does he need supporting, if he didn't take the 7 mill,  he must be managing pretty well some other ways...would you turn to your kith and kin?  Can Royals use their personal finances, SO personally, with out the anti-Monarchists using it as  another argument against them. I can't imagine the British press thanking Her Majesty if she supported the Grand Duchess Hanzenk-Neees von Bumps und Daisy,* brother, sister or otherwise.

*before I get messages, my innoffensive joke name is meant totally innocently and in no way disparages any relation of the Queen and is used to suggest a non UK family member, ...a foreigner to the UK. No harm is meant, any offence is unintentional.

oh,... now, Judy needs our help... Please call and one of our Operators,  will pour another large Gin, and wring out a damp flannel for her and microwave the wheat-bag. Please call! Before the DT's reach the jowls and people get hurt.!

You just can't help yourself can you?  Who said he had 7 million?  I must have dozed off...is it tea-time, more to the point is it time for Richard and Judy?  How can you be so cruel about her, it must be hard being married to such an icon of the small screen.
BTW, I think that you should add that disclaimer to all your posts, and while you are at it, think of one for me.  That way we can both avoid the dog-house...

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 12:49:26 PM »
Personally, I would rather give poor Richard the support.
Now, in thinking of the Greek royal finances, remeber where they first landed- after leaving Greece, that is.
No Greek, of any persuation, political or otherwise keeps all their assets in the country. The "eggs & basket" rule.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 07:13:22 AM »
Personally, I would rather give poor Richard the support.
Now, in thinking of the Greek royal finances, remeber where they first landed- after leaving Greece, that is.
No Greek, of any persuation, political or otherwise keeps all their assets in the country. The "eggs & basket" rule.

Eminently sensible suggestion.  After all the Greeks had kicked them out on a regular basis, so it is entirely likely that they had a 'stash', so to speak.
He was very cagey though when the question was put to him.  And he did say that life in exile was tough in the beginning; royalty 'tough' and commoner 'tough' though might be two different things......
Don't waste your support on Richard, after all there must be a reason for Judy?  No Richard, no Judy - result!

Offline DOMOVOII

• Boyar
  • Crikey chief!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

You just can't help yourself can you?  Who said he had 7 million?  I must have dozed off...is it tea-time, more to the point is it time for Richard and Judy?  How can you be so cruel about her, it must be hard being married to such an icon of the small screen.
BTW, I think that you should add that disclaimer to all your posts, and while you are at it, think of one for me.  That way we can both avoid the dog-house...

When I find the notes, I shall elaborate on the details of the settlement for you, though I am certain the final award was a  around a tenth of what was claimed. I should really have but "several" I'll have a dig, I'm interested to hear what he claimed against, just Tatoi or other property and belongings

As for the "eggs and basket" situation, there must have been some proviso arranged, remember right at the outset; on accepting the throne George I had secured an annuity should he lose his title/throne, I'd figure that kind of mindset would have been maintained throughout the family. Changes always happen.

Martyn, I'm thinking of givin' the Victor Hugo quote the heave ho, so might just insert the disclaimer down there! Two birds, one stone!! Good idea huh? Cooking on gas today!!

Offline vitos

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 11:40:58 AM »
Wedding of the king Constantin II
I . interested by particularses of wedding
1 how many was of the visitors?
2 lists of the visitors
3 scripts of wedding
4 who witnessed?
5 budgets of wedding
6 where -  church?
7 where the banquet was held?
9 reportings of the correspondents
10 photos

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 12:04:47 PM »
the wedding was held on 18 september 1964 at st Denis in Athens Constantine and queen frederika made their way to the church to gether Anna Maria was with her farther sepraty.

Royals from almost every country atended the wedding and the grand ball two days bethor.

Queen frederika and other princes who was able crownd the couple.

Queen frederika
Juan carlos of spain
Harold of norway
Charles of uk
Carl of sweden
Michel of greece
Aleksanda of Yugoslavia

brides maids were

Ann of uk
Tatiana of Greece
Yrieny of Greece
Clarisa of Hessen
Magarita of Romainia
Christina of Sweden

for more info go to www.greekroyalty@tripod.com

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 02:20:32 PM »
the wedding was front page news all around the world .. so there are plenty of magazines and newspapers with coverage.
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »
Constantine and Anne-Marie married in the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Athens, not St. Denis, which is a catholic church.

Sofia and Juan Carlos were married in St. Denis, prior to the ceremony at the G.O. Cathedral.

Regards

Offline vitos

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 02:59:02 PM »
I . INTERESTED by a REIGN of the KING CONSTANTINE II 1964-1967
WHAT MAJOR EVENTS of THIS PERIOD
STATE VISITS
WHAT COUNTRIES it(he) HAS VISITED?
I SEARCH for a PHOTO
KING CONSTANTINE II With GOVERNMENT KOLLIAS IN TATOI
[ FIRST ФОТОГРАГРАФИИ AFTER REVOLUTION of April 21, 1967]
2 KINGS CONSTANTINE II In ARMY CAMP GOUDI-30 of April 1967 -Πάσχα.

THE KING CONSTANTINE In US - September 1967 STATE VISIT
THE KING In an AIRPORT of Rome of December -13 1967
THE KING In PARLIAMENT