Author Topic: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)  (Read 154952 times)

Offline bongo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie - (nee Denmark)
« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
I don't know what Queen Frederica did to be hated like that

Mmm, well let's see: at least Tsarina Alexandra had the excuse she was the wife of an autocrat when she tried to run the government. Given Greece was supposed to be democracy, Frederika had no such excuse.

As for Constantine: his present situation is not surprising, even for a country where monarchs needed to keep their bags packed. He comes across as charmless, limited, stubborn and arrogant IMHO.

Offline RoyalWatcher

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
Does anyone have information about where the King and Queen are located in Athens? Did they purchase a place in Psychiko?

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
According to a post on this Greek website (link below) there was an ugly incident this week involving Constantine and two bodyguards in Athens when he turned up at a coffee shop. When the patrons spotted him they began shouting what business did he have there and demanding he leave. At first he refused to leave, and it got bad, and people went to the kitchen looking for yogurt and tomatoes to throw at him and calling him a "mullah of Frederika" (God she really must be loathed.) He was hurried away in a limo.

Has anyone heard if this is true and any more about it? I can't find anything in the Greek media about it, but they all hate his guts, so it may not be published.

http://www.protothema.gr/greece/article/358956/video-to-klama-tou-glixbourg-gia-ton-patera-tou/

My dear bongo, welcome to the forum. Personally, I'd much avoid to reproduce any of the nonsense crap some ''editors'' try to sell with newspapers people buy only to get the gifts included (especially gas coupons). As about the opinion modern Greeks have of the royal family, unfortunately it's like the opinion we have on everything, superficial that is and full of stereotypes. Modern Greeks do not have the patience to riexamine their recent past and they much prefer an ancient one which they find more glorious and less painfull to their self image.
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now itís all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2014, 01:31:01 PM »
Slightly different pose of Queen Anne Marie of this well known photo-session. <<Click on the image for seeing its full size>>

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:32:36 PM by Yelena Aleksandrovna »