Author Topic: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska  (Read 229823 times)

Offline Malenkaya

• Boyar
  • I Am Anastasia
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2005, 09:53:57 PM »
I've got age progression photos of all four girls coming! (Plus the famous FS photo)

I am literally on the edge of my seat waiting to see this!  I've often wondered what they would have looked like later in life.
*Anastasia*

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2005, 09:45:25 AM »
Jeremy,

I will ask that threats of litigation against another user NOT be made in the public arena here, is that understood? I can't seed what Penny wrote as apparantly she has removed them. I can't be here 24/7.

Just so you know, I have heard from various sources that the Schankowski descendants in Europe tend to be very zealous in protecting the family name, and do keep an ear open about what people write about the family.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2005, 09:56:38 AM »
Whether they like it or not, the Schanskowskas are a part of history. If they want their true story told with no inaccuracies, they should come forward and set the record straight and stop hiding. I understand everyone likes their privacy, but if there are questions the best thing to do is to answer them yourself!

Mgmstl

« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2005, 12:05:40 PM »
And the hits just keep on coming 8) 8) 8)  

Offline BaronessSophie

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2005, 04:00:44 PM »
Jeremy you did not say anything bad about the Schanzkowsky family. You even said there is no evidence of incest. Anyone can clearly see that. I look forward to your aged pictures as well!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2005, 04:22:27 PM »
 Schankowski descendants in Europe tend to be very zealous in protecting the family name, and do keep an ear open about what people write about the family.

FA, as you can see, no one made any allegations against anyone. Both Jeremy and I clearly stated that there was no evidence of incest here, it was just general speculation - not an accusation. In fact, this doesn't even come close to the accusations people have made on this board, such as Queen Elizabeth II having a hand in switching the Anna Anderson intestine samples, or Peter Gill and other scientists planting DNA and fudging results. This issue was completely blown out of proportion.

Offline Denise

• Knyaz
  • Anneliese: Historian in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2005, 04:30:35 PM »

FA, as you can see, no one made any allegations against anyone. Both Jeremy and I clearly stated that there was no evidence of incest here, it was just general speculation - not an accusation. In fact, this doesn't even come close to the accusations people have made on this board, such as Queen Elizabeth II having a hand in switching the Anna Anderson intestine samples, or Peter Gill and other scientists planting DNA and fudging results. This issue was completely blown out of proportion.

I agree with Helen.  This situation has been completely blown out of proportion.

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2005, 04:32:25 PM »
It's a pity people seem to take things very personally around here at times, and that questioning about ideas/theories/long-cherished beliefs etc are viewed as personal attacks. I do think there are very few, if any, on this board who would go out of their way to be vindictive, although posting without thinking does happen, but after-all, on a discussion group like this, it is impossible to speak with one another, and sometimes, therefore, much harder to fully understand what others are trying to say, due to the fact that we can not hear intonation or see facial expressions, which are just as much a part of communication as words.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2005, 04:35:38 PM »
I agree with Sophie, Helen and Denise.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »
It's a pity people seem to take things very personally around here at times, and that questioning about ideas/theories/long-cherished beliefs etc are viewed as personal attacks.

It's like someone else said on another thread, some people want to kill the messenger because they don't like the message. It's very sad that this has to be the case here.

Offline Denise

• Knyaz
  • Anneliese: Historian in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2005, 04:56:03 PM »

It's like someone else said on another thread, some people want to kill the messenger because they don't like the message. It's very sad that this has to be the case here.

Yes it is sad, particularly as it seems to be the adults that start this.  Most of our students are a delight and enjoy learning from one another.  That is what I enjoy about the board--the give and take of intellectual property.  

But in order to learn and grow, one MUST depersonalize the information.  Just because we make not like the message does not make it a personal attack.  As Georgiy said, we cannot see the person speaking or here the tone they intend for their message.  We need to start at the least offensive interpretation and work from there.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »
Please re-read what I wrote. I said NOTHING about the propriety or inpropriety of Jeremy's statements about the family.  All I said was that the family has a history of zealously defending their name and privacy. I agree that this entire thread has become WAY blown out of proportion on alot of counts. It is sad that the youngsters in here play with each other far better than many adults.

Offline CuriousOne

• Curiousity is great because it leads to answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2005, 01:56:10 PM »

Speaking of any theory, where's bear? ;)

I was told this morning that AGRBear went into emergency surgery last Sat. afternoon, and, is, now recovering and doing fine.

Curious One

Offline chintz22

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2005, 03:13:48 PM »
Hi All--

Jeremy, where will you be posting the age progressed photos, in this thread or will you start a new one?

Thanks,

Sarah

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2005, 03:55:05 PM »

I was told this morning that AGRBear went into emergency surgery last Sat. afternoon, and, is, now recovering and doing fine.

Curious One

Oh no!!! poor bear! i will PM her with my wishes of recovery.