Author Topic: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska  (Read 230426 times)

Offline Malenkaya

• Boyar
  • I Am Anastasia
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2005, 11:36:13 PM »

I'm not sure to which family you are referring when you said: >>AA appeared her supposed brother in law Sergei was looking for her<<  Was this a  Alexander Tschaiksky's sister's husband?

I believe the man in question was Serge, who was Alexander's brother.  That would make him AA's brother-in-law, according to "the story."  He is the man who traveled with her to Berlin and then disappeared.

This is the first time I've heard this part of the story.  I don't ever recall reading abut it in a book.  Does anyone have a source?

Anastasia
*Anastasia*

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2005, 01:26:13 AM »
As has been discussed, Peter Kurth gives sources for most of the stories within the story of Anna Anderson. That's the book to consult.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »
I asked the same question, what's the source. Stepan posted that it was Clara P.  who alleged that inicident took place.

Offline Sian_Turner

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2005, 07:23:03 AM »
The source is Peter Kurth.  It states that a man arrived at Nicholas von Schwabes having arrived at Clara's after being directed there by the Dalldorf Asylum.  On seeing a picture of AA he burst into tears and said he knew that lady and had travelled with her to Berlin.  On the back of the photo he scribbled some words which read (and I'm paraphrasing here as I don't carry the book around with me) something like Anastasia Nicolaevna ... Serge Ivanov(?) .... geb Petersburg 1904 - something like that (geb meaning born)  I've cross matched this with the list of guards given by Penny and Greg and there aren't any Ivanov's mentioned.  The photo with the inscription now forms part of hte Edward Fallows papers so it is real.  He also left a letter which von Schwabe (when quizzed by AA) said he had "lost" and which sent AA into a frenzy.

Oh and by the way, I hope everyone is proud of their work in causing Penny to leave the board - this last comment should be read loaded with sarcasm.  You've excelled yourselves this time.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2005, 07:35:50 AM »
 .... geb Petersburg 1904 - something like that (geb meaning born)...  

In what language?

Oh and by the way, I hope everyone is proud of their work in causing Penny to leave the board - this last comment should be read loaded with sarcasm.  You've excelled yourselves this time.

Oh and by the way, would you please try to refrain from instigating any more discord on these threads by sarcastic comments like this. If you have any grievances, please start a new thread called "Grievances about the forum and its users", perhaps under the Discussion Forum section.  
This last comment is meant sincerely. Thank you.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2005, 07:43:01 AM »

No one causes her to leave, she does it to herself. If she can't control her temper and rages and outbursts it's not our fault. Some have wanted to make me the scapegoat for the trouble, but I can't be blamed for the last 2 incidents since I wasn't even involved. She is the catalyst, be it with me or someone else. It's interesting to note that the board gets along fine and is generally peaceful otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2005, 08:23:35 AM »
Ehm . . . what we need here is a light-hearted joke, and then to get back on topic!

So here's the joke:

- My wife has gone to St.Petersburg.
- Is she Russian?
- No, she's taking her time.

And now, back to the topic! :D

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2005, 09:27:18 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that there are no regrets in either of these posts.

.....in part....

Oh and by the way, would you please try to refrain from instigating any more discord on these threads by sarcastic comments like this. If you have any grievances, please start a new thread called "Grievances about the forum and its users", perhaps under the Discussion Forum section.  
This last comment is meant sincerely. Thank you.

No one causes her to leave, she does it to herself. If she can't control her temper and rages and outbursts it's not our fault. Some have wanted to make me the scapegoat for the trouble, but I can't be blamed for the last 2 incidents since I wasn't even involved. She is the catalyst, be it with me or someone else. It's interesting to note that the board gets along fine and is generally peaceful otherwise.

She does it herself?!  Annie, Annie, Annie.  Surly you don't really believe this.  

And, yes,  Penny fights back.  Everyone know who she is and she has a reputation in this field to consider.  Me,  hey, no one knows who I am so my reputation from all my wild theories is safe...   I know nothing about anyone else outside of what they've written.  It apears Helen knows a lot about DNA but she could be a street sweeper in London for all I know.  Annie, cound be Dr. Fannie,  a top surgeon in New York... Denise could be some be a professor at Yale....  I hope I've made my point.

And, now back to the subject.

What do we know about the policman Grunberg?

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2005, 09:52:25 AM »

She does it herself?!  Annie, Annie, Annie.  Surly you don't really believe this.  

And, yes,  Penny fights back.  Everyone know who she is and she has a reputation in this field to consider.  

Bear, with all due respect, you were not there when these incidents occured, so you have no idea what happened since Penny now conveniently removed all her posts. So please do not jump to any conslusions.

Having said that, I just started a thread called "Grievances", that can serve the purpose of giving space to all those who want to continue discussing this to post their thoughts. Please lets try to restrict ourselves to that thread from now on instead of continuously bringing these things up on various other threads, rehashing old discords and starting new fights. If Penny wants to defend herself, she can do it there, that way everyone will know where to go if they want to read about it. Here is where it is:

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=board;action=display;num=1109087000;start=0

BTW, I recently quit my London street sweeping job - too much politics to deal with! I'll take DNA over it, hands down! ;)

Offline Denise

• Knyaz
  • Anneliese: Historian in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »
Actually Bear, before babies I was an English professor at a humble Michigan community college, but Yale would have been nice--I inagine the pay would have been better!!   ;) ;) ;)

Back to topic...... :)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2005, 10:54:05 AM »
So, what do we know about the policman Grunberg?

AGRBear

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2005, 11:18:54 AM »
So, what do we know about the policman Grunberg?

Was he the investigator of the Grossman case or of the FS case?

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2005, 11:33:25 AM »
A couple of years after AA appeared her supposed brother in law Sergei was looking for her. He went to Dallforf, Clara Peutert,The Schwabes but didenīt find her. If I remember correctly AA was staying with Inspector Grunberg at the time. So this man "Sergei" diden`t find her but conviniently disappeared never to be heard of again. So the story goes. Anyway this man left a letter to AA and said that her child was in an orphanage in Galath in Rumania. This supposed letter was never found either. I donīt believe much of this story. Research was being done in Rumania in the 20īs but they never found any trace of the Tchaikovskis or of a child. I personally think it was all made up. And if she was in Rumania why on earth didenīt she go to her close relative Queen Marie?  As GD Olga Alexandrovna said: It doesenīt make any sense! Queen Marie would have helped and understood. She was an openminded person and nothing was strange to her.

Stephen mentioned Grunberg.

AGRBear

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2005, 12:30:09 PM »

In what language?

German.  "Geb." is shorthand for geboren.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Penny_Wilson »
"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2005, 12:38:30 PM »

Was he the investigator of the Grossman case or of the FS case?

Inspector Franz Gruenberg was the Berlin Police Commissioner.  This information appears in a footnote attached to page 54 of Peter's book.  You really should read it for the basics of the case.
"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins