Author Topic: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska  (Read 238195 times)

Offline DaneRomanov

• `-* Bozhe Tsarya Khrani!! *`-
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2004, 08:53:14 AM »
Hiya, personally i dont believe that Anna Anderson was the Grand Duchess but what year was the blood test taken from hospital tissue? and do you think that is was possible that if someone claimed and were blood tested and turned out to be either one of the Grand Duchess's do you think that the goverment would have covered it up, and if this did happen do you think the goverment would have done to cover it up?
DRomanov

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2004, 09:10:37 AM »
We have several long threads on Anna here in this forum, you might be interested in reading them too.

Anna died in 1984. The tests were done in 1994 with tissue from an old operation she'd had. Her samples were matched with samples from Prince Phillip, (husband of QEII and grandson of Alexandra's sister) and Karl Maucher, grandson of Gertrude, the sister of Franziska Schanskowsa, the Polish woman Anna was rumored to be. The results showed no relation to Alexandra's family and a likely but not certain match to Franziska's family.

As to this question, I don't see any reason why any 'government' would want to cover anything up. First of all, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think it was ever a government who had anything to do with the testings. I really believe that if someone had been a Grand Duchess, everyone would have been excited by the news. I don't even buy the 'cover up for money' thing anymore, since there is no real evidence any money belonging to the Tsar or someone claiming to be his child even exists anymore. Sorry, I am one who believes the accusations of tampering and faked tests, as I said before, reek of 'a bad Days of Our Lives' plot :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2004, 01:14:40 PM »
Does anyone know anything about John Manahan, the gentleman who married Anna Anderson--beyond the basic info, which most of us know, i.e., he was much younger than Anderson, he was a history professor, etc?

I've wondered how he was regarded before his marriage to Anderson, and also what happened to him after her death.

Thanks in advance!

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2004, 02:17:50 PM »
John was well regarded in his community prior to "Anastasia" coming into his life.

After her death, his behavior became more and more bizarre. I believe he remarried and died in the 1990's. Sorry, this is from memory and am away from my books.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2004, 02:54:58 PM »
Thank you, Lisa.

I've often wondered about that situation. As a history professor, of course he would have an interest in someone with a strong case for being the Grand Duchess Anastasia. And it appears that they did share a devoted relationship. The unusual elements, though--he being so much younger, she exhibiting some difficult if not downright strange behaviors--and then, as time went on, their eccentric lifestyle . . . The latter, of course, happens to a lot of people as they age and are less able to care for themselves. But supposedly Manahan had a great deal of money, and I wonder why he didn't employ people to, at the very least, keep things tidy.

It all did end rather badly, with their three day evasion from the police and Anna's rehospitalization a few months before she died. Whoever she was, it was a tragedy of its kind. I hope the remainder of Manahan's  life went well.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
Evasions by police? Why? What did they do?

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2004, 08:50:18 PM »
Good to see another VA person! There are at least 3 of us here! I always wanted to find her house, too.

So she was committed and he broke her out and they were on the run, oh dear. What a story!

Offline Antonio_P.Caballer

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2004, 09:30:54 PM »
Good to see another VA person! There are at least 3 of us here! I always wanted to find her house, too.

Hello Annie,

Her house was in University circle 35. By the way, ive heard that Chalottesville is one of the most elegant towns in Virgina, is it true?

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2004, 09:36:18 PM »

Hello Annie,

Her house was in University circle 35. By the way, ive heard that Chalottesville is one of the most elegant towns in Virgina, is it true?

Thanks, do you know where the farm is?

I guess Charlottesville is kind of elegant, some old parts of Richmond are too. But for pure mountain beauty I think Harrisonburg beats Charlottesville for the views.

Offline Antonio_P.Caballer

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2004, 09:48:48 PM »
The farm??? I dont remember now. I had even forgot they had a farm :) . Well, if i find out where did it was ill tell you.

Dashkova

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2004, 01:07:03 AM »
John was well regarded in his community prior to "Anastasia" coming into his life.

After her death, his behavior became more and more bizarre. I believe he remarried and died in the 1990's. Sorry, this is from memory and am away from my books.

Well regarded, but still considered a bit odd. Rested on his family laurels a lot, but we tend to do that in Virginia.  Manahan would like to have remarried -- a woman who was a true opportunist (wound up getting him to put his house in her name) and I'm not sure, but I think she wound up with his power of attorney as well.  He died alone and from what I've heard, pretty sad and miserable.

His would-be girlfriend had the house remodeled and lived there for some time. The neighbors *hated* her, for obvious reasons.  However, they were also not so thrilled with Anna Anderson, and most people I know in the area and region were not convinced of her claim whatsoever.

Not sure if the "girlfriend" (Althea Hurt) still lives there in the house or not, but she is still a practicing attorney (and married as well).  According to a friend of mine who recently had her do some legal work; her fees are high but she got good results.

Dashkova,
Writing just outside Charlottesville

Sunny

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2004, 06:33:21 AM »
Antonio, thanks for the address. Charlottesville was recently voted the number one city in America...A friend's take on that was, "Oh no, now people will start moving here in droves".

Sunny
writing from just outside of Charlottesville  ;)

Sunny

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2004, 06:37:55 AM »
p.s. My friend moved here from Tibet, so the comment was particularly "cute".

Sunny

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2004, 07:59:08 AM »

I believe someone told me they had a farm in Scottesville, which is only about 20 minutes down the road from Charlottesville. And yes, Charlottesville is very, very nice. One magazine voted it in the top ten best small to midsize cities in America. And I agree with you Annie that the mountain view in Harrisonburg is BEAUTIUL. It's kind of frightening driving over them, though. I thought I would be sick when I drove to visit friends at JMU last year.

Thank you :) Where are you coming from to go to JMU? If you take I-81, which has no twisty mountains, and get off at the Port Republic Road exit you will be literally at the gates of JMU. :)

Dashkova

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2004, 08:32:17 AM »

Thank you :) Where are you coming from to go to JMU? If you take I-81, which has no twisty mountains, and get off at the Port Republic Road exit you will be literally at the gates of JMU. :)

Just my opinion, mind you, but also voice of experience:
No twisty mountains, but plenty of twists, all at interstate speeds. Lots of trucks but truck drivers still try to avoid it.  Locally known as something of a death trap.  The road has no business being an interstate.  Last time I spent much time on 81 (going to Pennsylvania) I swore I'd never do it again, and I am not a timid driver (and have driven all over the world).  If you're careful, it's doable, but I personally go out of my way to take another path.