Author Topic: loyal czarists feel fee to contact me  (Read 23862 times)

Offline brendan

• View Profile
Re: loyal czarists feel fee to contact me
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2005, 02:40:10 AM »
Hey angry people,

Did you guys actually read Aligetrz's posts?

"I have no idea who Aligetrz is or was, and frankly I did not understand what he was trying to start or even say. That, alas is a common situation here- and it has nothing to do with "English as a second language". Some posters, despite their young age, make me wonder what kind of education, if any, they are actually recieving. Spelling and typos are one thing, a failure to even attempt clarity is another."

I'll "attempt" to translate:

"in announcing my Yahoo e-group the last time i forggot to include my e-mail address..."
-He forgot to include his e-mail address.

"please drop me a line as computers are here to make friends!"
-Send him an e-mail. Friends are good.

"long live H.I.H Nicholas! aligertz "
-He likes Trar Nicholas, and his name is Aligertz.

"i didnt see the movie but i humbly take your world for it. no hard feelings"
-He did not see Star Wars. He is sorry.

"two's company three's a crowd and a crowd is all i need to get my group up and running.i apologize for the shameless self-promotion in my original post."
-He only needs 3 people for his e-group, and now he has them. Once again he apologizes.

I hope that clears it up for everyone.

"It is obvious that some posters here use the terms "commie" and "Bolshie" freely without even knowing what those terms actually mean or imply. THAT is intolerance."

Fair enough. But wouldnt these next 2 postings  be considered intolerant as well?

"Using "commies" as a derogatory is childish and ignorant. Indeed intolerance exhibted on the commemoration of the liberation of Auschwitz."

"That is rich, considering the vitriol spouted by the rabid right wingers at anyone who dares try presenting a view alternate to theirs"

First of all, the only view you guys seem to have of him is that he had bad grammar, and was a little rude. But exactly how is refering to someone as "commie" or "bolshie" considered intolerant? I'm not saying they're the most polite terms, but calling someone a commie or bolshie is just an informal way of calling them a communist or bolshevik(dictionarys rule), just as calling someone a"vitriol spouting, rabid right winger" is a slightly more formal way of telling someone that "Because of my political beliefs, the words that you have just used not only make me angry, they hurt my ears."

Believe it or not, I didnt write this in order to try and offend anyone. I love Russian history and when I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago I was hoping to actually learn a few things I DIDNT know. That was until I came across this "discussion". Honestly, I dont think any of us joined this site to learn clever ways to insult people. You can watch T.V. news for that.

P.S.
-didnt mean to single you out Bob, your posts just seemed to get the majority of reponse.

Offline DOMOVOII

• Boyar
  • Crikey chief!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2005, 06:30:22 AM »
Surely the first indicator that this isn't a Romanov appreciation society is that the name of the board is the APTM discussion forums. That was clear to me from my first visit.

What this site can do is offer a framework that discusses the whole scenario in which the Romanovs dealt, not just the personalities but their possessions, their politics and policies and the context that is set against. From being a Romanov site we now include many diverse aspects of their extended family history.

I can certainly sympathise with Aligertz, there have been many points I have wanted to raise, but have felt that the poster's posting previous to me would not appreciate the flipside of their argument interrupting their love-in be it for or against the family. So many people on here seem to adopt OTMA as a surrogate Barbie doll and wish to hear no real debate, based on fact about the Romanovs.

Michelle has called me a commie, before now, (which doesn't begin to explain or describe my political viewpoint)  she is under the impression that because she makes so many postings, (of little real contribution other than sychophantic repetition), that she believes to be sacrosanct, anyone who disagrees immediately becomes a "commie" for her to justify herself. With so much chiming in, and oohing and ahhing over OTMA, I have chosen to avoid all threads she enters, bar this one, as I think her attitude is in need of assessment. (Incidentally I couldn't sort this out with Michelle as she barred my reply as soon as she had labelled me a commie...pardon me for raising it here)

How about a zero tolerance approach to people like Michelle who continually use offensive remarks regarding other members, I'd be  more than happy to comply if others agreed... It's just that I left name calling in the playground. I don't want my freetime relaxation to be interrupted all the while with immature people bandying around terms they are inherently ignorant of the meaning.

....and I would much rather discuss a point with someone of a differing opinion, because only then would I feel able to understand how that person had been able to reach their conclusion and how it differs to mine. For me it is the understanding of the differences that is the greatest lesson from history. Looking from a new posistion, appreciating the contributory factors that caused the consequences, the similarity and difference between events and factions. Only when it has all been examined are we able to hold a personal, definitive opinion, anything other than that is merely supposition

Much more informative than the litany of "Olga rocks" or "Maria was the Grandduchess most like a ?" or "GD Dmitri, he's fine!" "Me too!!!!!!!!" diatribe.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by DOMOVOII »
A stand can be taken against an army of men, but no stand can be made against an invasion of an idea          V Hugo

rskkiya

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2005, 07:57:12 AM »
This ends it for me....
  To all here, a dear friend of mine is now in a hospice. She has inoperable pancreatic cancer (spelling) and she has between three weeks and six months to live ... I have not been sleeping well - thus if I have been a bit short or bitter in my remarks or tone recently, or used poor spelling (JM,Sunny) this is my sad excuse.
    I should like everyone here to consider a few things ...PLEASE just for a wee while, stop the debates over who was the sexiest/nastiest/most proper heir to the Romanov Dynasty/ who had the moral high ground the Red or the White/ Or if Sin is something contagious or not...  Feel the sun/wind/rain/snow on you faces! Perform random acts of beauty and grace for strangers with no thought of reward! Take someone on the opposite end of the political/social/religious spectum out to coffee! Life is short and none of us is getting out of here alive!
    Michelle, perhaps would you like to volunteer with a local AIDS society? Sunny, you and Dashkova could organise a "Tidy Up" rally at a park or in an impoverished part of town? JM, have you ever thought of working with poor inner-city children? Mr. Hall, how about helping the homeless?
    I know that these are impractical suggestions -- and really none of my business-- I guess that I have grown overly sensitive to the bickering here. I now longer feel the patience for this sort of game.

I will not be here for some time.

rskkiya

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rskkiya »

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2005, 08:04:55 AM »
Rskkiya,
I am so very sorry to hear about your friend.You have my deepest sympathies.I know it doesn't sound like much,but if there is anything I can do please let me know.
Your words are very powerful and I agree with them.Life is far too short for all of this pettiness.
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline otmafan

• Knyaz
  • In Loving Memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2005, 08:08:19 AM »
rskkiya, I am so sorry for your friend. Cancer is such a devastating illness.  :'(

Sunny

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2005, 09:02:26 AM »
Rskkiya, I was unable to get a reply through to your IM
Hope you are still here, and get this message.

Dear rskkiya,

Having lost my mother to cancer in November, I sympathize with what you are going through.

My father ( 83 years old) is alone for the first time in 60 years, so I don't think that I can leave him for an extended period of time, and join the trip.

May you have strength and courage as you walk through a sad journey with your friend. May I also add,
don't forget to take care of yourself...an easy thing to do in such life experiences.

Every good wish,

Sunny

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2005, 09:15:09 AM »

Perhaps I ought to simply ask the FA to shut this all down, as it's way too childish in here!

OK! Enough, Genug! NYET!
Again, I take a friday evening to myself and all hell breaks loose again.
Michelle, you cause too much trouble. Can I be more clear? I don't mind opinions, but you simply are frankly INTOLERANT of the opinion of others. You MUST lighten up or I will ask you to leave.

For the record, this is NOT a "Romanov love-in".  domovoii is correct this IS about the free exchange of ideas and facts and RESPECT for the opinion of others, challenge their opinions, fine, but dont disrespect the person.

As for the childish stuff, I don't really like it either, but this comes from Bob, not me, and so it stays: ANYTHING that gets kids interested in the Romanovs and Russian history is encouraged. These kids who talk about "Anastasia Rocks" or "alexei is sexy"...will GROW up, and who knows, they may be the next Robert Massie, Peter Kurth, or Bob Atchison...Get the point?

I won't lock the thread YET...but there will be no further warnings. CAPICHE?

Val289

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »
Dear rskkiya,

I wanted to let you know that I am very sorry to hear about your friend.  Having lost 2 very close family members to cancer, I can understand, in part, what you might be going through.

Please know that you will be in my thoughts, and like Sunny said - don't forget to take care of yourself.

- Val

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2005, 10:37:31 AM »
The FA's frustration is quite understandable however, to single out young Michelle as if to 'send her to her room without supper' is a bit unfair.

She seems to have suffered from many previous attacks where the perpetrator(s) have never been dealt with as she has now been.

So Michelle, my dear, I believe an appology from whom-so-ever is instore from them and I hereby do so for them and please stay with it because I, for one, would miss your posts.

Now I would like for everyone to get along with our 'rainbow coalition' of Romanov 'dilettanti' and, tell me your secrets insights of the Romanov phenomenon. JonC.

PS rskkiya sorry for your friend's Cancer. I hope all of us on this site will pray collectively to our Lord Jesus for a miraculous healing... and it will happen!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by JonC »

rskkiya

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2005, 02:16:39 PM »
This ends it for me....
   To all here, a dear friend of mine is now in a hospice. She has inoperable pancreatic cancer (spelling) and she has between three weeks and six months to live ... I have not been sleeping well - thus if I have been a bit short or bitter in my remarks or tone recently, or used poor spelling (JM,Sunny) this is my sad excuse.
     I should like everyone here to consider a few things ...PLEASE just for a wee while, stop the debates over who was the sexiest/nastiest/most proper heir to the Romanov Dynasty/ who had the moral high ground the Red or the White/ Or if Sin is something contagious or not...  Feel the sun/wind/rain/snow on you faces! Perform random acts of beauty and grace for strangers with no thought of reward! Take someone on the opposite end of the political/social/religious spectum out to coffee! Life is short and none of us is getting out of here alive!
     Michelle, perhaps would you like to volunteer with a local AIDS society? Sunny, you and Dashkova could organise a "Tidy Up" rally at a park or in an impoverished part of town? JM, have you ever thought of working with poor inner-city children? Mr. Hall, how about helping the homeless?
     I know that these are impractical suggestions -- and really none of my business-- I guess that I have grown overly sensitive to the bickering here. I now longer feel the patience for this sort of game.

I will not be here for some time.

rskkiya

For the past week I have been spending a great deal of time with the estranged family of my ill friend (lets call her 'Wendy') they are conservative republican Christian fundamentalists whom my friend had disowned and who now- naturally - draw near to hand...Wendy is too ill and too indifferent to them at the moment, so I have had to see a great deal of people on the political and religious extream polarity from me. I have discovered that these people - who could be very easily steriotyped - are in fact real and caring individuals! For that reason have I asked for a touch of charity here, hence the  "take someone out to coffee' comment.

{  JonC,  Michelle is preparing for college... so you ought not feel the need to defend her anymore! }

Also please do not take this request in the wrong way but I must ask all believers who have offered to pray for "Wendy"  NOT TO DO SO.
This is her request to her family and I should like to extend it to the people here.
    Thanks to those who have expressed concern about this situation (I beg charity from Sunny for all the many spelling errors in this post. ) I was wasting time at a internet cafe near the hospice and could not help myself in bothing you all again.

rskkiya

Offline DOMOVOII

• Boyar
  • Crikey chief!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2005, 02:39:31 PM »
rsskyia... will my best wishes do?.

...I found at a similar time in my life what great comfort there can be in the quiet , ordinary things. You feel sometimes, that this time is meant to be full and happy and worthy, whereas there is nothing more special than having dear one's close. These times are what you can treasure, always.

Please remember to make time for yourself too.

What a great friend you must be to have.

D

A stand can be taken against an army of men, but no stand can be made against an invasion of an idea          V Hugo

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2005, 03:00:14 PM »
I sincerely add my my sentiments to those expressed by DOMOVOII.
Take care,
Robert
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Robert_Hall »
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Dashkova

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2005, 03:04:43 PM »
She is, indeed a great friend.  Even in the midst of a painful situation, Rskkiya reached out and helped me when I was suffering a recent loss (and a number of relatives who became seriously ill).

I am eternally grateful that this wonderful website made it possible to get to know such an amazingly thoughtful and caring person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Dashkova »

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever!  Well,except college.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2005, 11:26:21 AM »
Rskkiya, I am terribly sorry about your friend.  I know that you may not want my well wishes but I'm giving them to you anyway. ;) I really hope your friend can find peace, and that she will be in a better place. :)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2005, 11:45:21 AM »
Rsskyia, I would like to join everyone else in extending good wishes to you and your friend. I know how difficult it must be for you, and how frustrating. A former colleague of mine, someone I have known well and worked closely with, has been recently diagnosed with glioblastoma, the worst kind of brain cancer you can get. He has less than a year to live and there is basically nothing that can be done. It is a very difficult thing to accept and to deal with, so I do understand what you are going through.

Helen