Author Topic: the Tsarskoe Station  (Read 17574 times)

Offline Joanna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Winter Palace Research
    • View Profile
    • Winter Palace Research
Re: Imperial Pavilion
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »
Alexander Zaitsev (sp), head of the department set up for the preparation of the celebrations for Tsarskoe Selo 300 Anniversary, announced in June 2006 that they wish to restore the Imperial Pavilion by 2010. Also Ivan Sautov was quoted in May 2006 that the retro train will be initiated this summer along the Imperial Railway route from Vitebsk to Tsarskoe Selo on a trial run in conjunction with the future restoration of the Imperial Pavilion.

http://news.e-tenders.ru/n/Realty/6452.html

http://kolpino-city.ru/kc_news/print.php/2006/02/23/k-yubileyu-carskogo-sela-otrestavriruyut-33-federalnyx-pamyatnika.phtml

In the above link there is also mentioned various projects to be completed by 2010, one of which is the mosaic panel of the Feodorovsky Cathedral.

Joanna

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: the Tsarskoe Station
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 02:40:30 PM »
This news really makes me happy!

Offline Venois

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »
The've announced that RZD is going to rebuild the whole Tsar railway, not from Vitebskiy railway terminal though but from the Kupchino Station (I think the train will use the same track inside St. Pete). What is curious is that it will be a railroad operated by the young railwaymen which is a common practice in Russia.
VIRTUTEM FORMA DECORAT

Offline Vassili_Vorontsoff

• Knyaz
  • If I should die,think only this of me...R.Brooke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »
Venois,I do not understand all...could you tell me what will be restored?Is there also the tr

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »
is there also the train?Would it be a toursitic train as the Orient express could be?

It makes me imagin that one day the imperial train could be rebuilt...fantastic!

Vassili

Offline Venois

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »
Venois,I do not understand all...could you tell me what will be restored?Is there also the tr

I mean they are planning to rebuild the whole track of the former Empirial railroad to the old Tsarskoe Pavillion and make it a tourist attraction with retro trains, etc.
VIRTUTEM FORMA DECORAT

Offline Joanna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Winter Palace Research
    • View Profile
    • Winter Palace Research

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 10:36:01 AM »
Joanna, it is simply wonderful to see these clear pictures of the station back when it was at its prime and a
"happening place".  Your research always finds the best pictures and articles.....

Looking at all of the present day photos of the relics that are left of the station is depressing, its so lovely to know what it did look like, in action even!

Thank you much!
A

Offline Pippilin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »
I've sent e-mails to a couple of folks at the forum, including the forum administrator, explaining that the URL http://www.alexanderpalace.org/palace/recenttrain.html ( posted Jan. 2005 ), does not link to Antonio's terrific pictures and story on his visit to the Imperial train pavilion. I haven't yet seen a reply, either on the forum or via e-mail to me.
So I'm here trying agina!  Does anyone know where I can find Antonio's story here?
Thank you.
Linda aka Pippilin

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 11:45:27 AM »
I would be pleased to see it also...

Thanks to post a link if someone find it...

Vassili

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 09:03:43 AM »
http://saint-petersburg.ru/m/222496/finansowyy_krizis_mozhet_lishity_restawratsii_wokzal__tsa.html

Because of the economic crisis teh restiration scheduled into the train station could be abandonned as it is reported in this article...