Author Topic: Re: Crown Prince Rudolph--controversies, affairs & his death  (Read 166268 times)

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
Re: Crown Prince Rudolph--controversies, affairs & his death
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »
 Yes, but also "stoped being virgin" isn't the right way to put it and no such thing, its "losing her virginity" ;)

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »
Yes, sorry. English isn't my mother tongue and I didn't have a dictionary at my side to check it

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »
Use google. English isnt my native language either but Google and PAralink translator helps me a lot.

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline newfan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2010, 08:06:38 PM »
Yes, sorry. English isn't my mother tongue and I didn't have a dictionary at my side to check it
I thing everybody gets what she wanted to say
This forum has lots a non native English speakers
many times even natives cant spell correctly
Whats the need for constant pointing out..little things like that???
Its hard to translate some things...even google doesn't gets it many times

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
I think its right when poeple correct other. Helps me to learn, which is good. And google does helps if you know how to use it well, at least works a lot for me (and also helps that i put attention to my english classes cause i know in this 21th century you MUST know how to speak properly in english)

Now back to the topic, a book cover with Rudolph and Wilhelm II

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »
Kaiserin Alzbeta Sissi - Its nothing personal. spelling mistakes happen to everyone, btw your English is fine. ;)

newfan - Yes, I too understood but they way but this is an English speaking forum and correct spelling is advised (thats why there is "Spell check ;) ), I'm just following the rules.

anyways.. back to Rudolph.

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »
Well, seems I missed a little discussion on here... Shame for my computer crashing on me.

Rudolf and Mary were certainly not "meant to be", that kind of love does not even exist... It simply is a romantic idea, but that's the end to it.
I agree with everyone saying that Rudolf did not love Mary, he must have cared for her, but he did not love her and as for Mary, she was a young girl in love and it most likely was the kind of "love" most teenage girls have for their idols. Also as for Mary's virginity, I'm not sure about that, as I've only read a few books on the case - and most do not mention much about Mary(just the basic facts, as whom courted her and a biography of her life). Also I do not believe in asassination, Rudolf's state of mind alone was enough to be sure that he killed her and himself.

Also it is a curious thing that the Austrian Court tried to cover it up for all these years and that papers relating to the event almost all have vanished. I think that is one of the reasons why people keep being fascinated by this tragedy. Also I do not like Franz Joseph and how he dealt with this. Of course it is obvious they had to cover it up for the sake of the Prestige of the Habsburgs, but still I find that man rather cold... He is one of the reasons Rudolf became who he was, and so was the Empress Elisabeth, and the fact that things never worked well between Franz and his son is most likely because Franz could not see things the way Rudolf saw them because their way of upbringing was totally different. Though I understand Rudolf's character - he was so much like his mother - and I actually think that he had a huge chance of becoming depressed up from an early age as he was sensitive in character and could not deal well with emotional suffering. I do say this because even now people have that problem... One who is highly emotional and sensitive has a bigger chance of ending up depressed, so I've often heard, especially when you feel misunderstood and don't get help.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:25:58 AM by Imperial_Grounds »
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2010, 08:03:58 AM »
Well, I have seen copy of Rudolf's final letter, where he states - 'I peacefully go into death....'. (Here is the link.)It indicates our fantasies in heads that he wanted to die. So badly and as soon as possible. But he terribly needed someone who would follow him ; Mary's wish for unity with him was his feed, I must admit. And it would be kind of a symbiosis between them two.

I do believe in her 'love' towards him, almost mesmerized fallen in love girl she was,  but I don't believe in his love towards her. He was older ,matured and experienced. It seems to me that he could hypnotize her with his words.

When I saw his drawings he did, at age 6, I was supposed to see bloodshed in all directions over the paper. I was really shocked. What kid at age of 6 would do drawings like those? Maybe I even did, I can't recall. If there two shots could be heard at Mayerling, then I am 100 percentile right that at least ONE of them was MURDERED. Either Mary by Rudolf, or he by himself. (bit humorous I know).

I am not the one who can blame him, but I hear some labels him like a coward. I will remain untold, since I don't know what can I say. They met in the end of 1888 and ended their ballad three months later. I dislike the relationship between Rudolf and his father, they were misfits in others eyes. Unlike Sissi, who knew his soul, in and out, from toes up to head. I wonder how must their parents have felt...

But everything in life we do , we do for only one purpose - to be happy. Sometimes we are right , but sometimes highly wrong. I know it is hard to fight for someone/something who/that means to you, but how important it is to save it. And I understand him too - he did something he had thought he would be happy afterward. Is that selfishness or not, I really don't know.

And there is one thing more - coldness at the Court he couldn't bare with. He wanted to escape, and he did. But he couldn't escape from himself. Gee, I never thought I would be interested into Hapsburgs. But anything's possible.  

Who is Rudolf now?

Bit....to make smiles here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:22:10 AM by nena »
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »
What a cute little thing!!!

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
Mary Vetsera

I wonder if she was really blonde
Two about Rudolph's burial

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:54 PM »
your link doesnt work.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
Yup. I ve seen a picture like that of her. If i had time i d check this same topic., im sure it was posted before.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
It based on a photo, I only posted it because I'm not sure of the color of her hair. Short time ago I saw a painting of her and next to it was some hair that looked red or blond but the caption was in czech, so if someone knows...

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
Well, at the time of her death Mary was dark-haired so I'm guessing that as a child she was dark-blonde(I saw a picture of here as a toddler, adorable, and there she's clearly blonde). Happens to most of us, as I was blonde as a kid and now am dark-blonde.
Learn To Live With My Darker Side