Author Topic: New OTMA book (September 2011)  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov

Offline katmaxoz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: New OTMA book (September 2011)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Interesting. A shame the website doesn't give useful information like how much the books cost.  Also the contact form doesn't work in the firefox browser. ....

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »
Very interesting. Helen, how will this publication impact the project you and Raegan have been working on?
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
Very interesting. Helen, how will this publication impact the project you and Raegan have been working on?

I don't know that much about this book other than what it says on the website, but I don't think that there will be much overlap as far as Olga's diaries go... I suppose we shall see in September :)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
... the contact form doesn't work in the firefox browser. ....

If you use the Explorer browser instead of Firefox, you should be able to fill out the contact form...

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
That's the book i've benn waiting for a lifetime - i just can't believe it's real  :o
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
That's the book i've benn waiting for a lifetime - i just can't believe it's real  :o

I wouldn't get too excited until you peek through it for yourself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing new here. Seems to be a rehash of already published material, as far as I know.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »
I wouldn't get too excited until you peek through it for yourself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing new here. Seems to be a rehash of already published material, as far as I know.

Eventually that will happen to any subject. A rehash sometimes serves well to keep things going. I take it you've experienced the problems of getting hold of out-of-print books at some point for a start. Also, from experience, for me it was a book with in the end no greatly new material (that could not have been seen elsewhere in some other form) that started it for me (long ago), but it was presented in just the right way.

Pav
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »

Oh, but it could be a good thing having everything about otma in a single book... talking about me, i've so few books about romanovs history, it will be fantastic anyway!
Please visit my site

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I already told Ms. Bakker of Van Hoogstraten, The Hague about these books. She working on it, that she can sell this book through her bookshop.

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
  • <-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally*
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
I think it sounds awesome!!!

To bad we have to wait until September.  :( 

I don't know that much about this book other than what it says on the website, but I don't think that there will be much overlap as far as Olga's diaries go... I suppose we shall see in September :)

Project?
Sorry, I'm kind of new here . . . I don't know much about that kind of thing. Olga's diaries . . . sounds good!! Fill me in, Helen & Raegan!! :)
Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
The website is no longer available; someone can please give me the title or some infos about the book? Just wanted to look for it on amazon or something... Thanks!
Please visit my site