Author Topic: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece  (Read 159273 times)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »
I think the Glucksborg dynasty gave more to its people than the Romanovs or Hapsburgs. They suffer much more than those two. If they were guilty, it was blindsightedness, they were never rich nor powerful than the monarchs of Russia or Iran.

Offline carl fraley

• Boyar
  • Honor and Fidelity
    • View Profile
The Fate of the Dynasty
« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
In the new Documentary on King Paul one guy and i don't know who he is (?) states that had king paul  lived 10 more years the fate of the  Dynasty would have been different.  Anyone else have any statements to that effect?  

Actual constructive comments please..  NO bashing of the Royal House please.

http://youtu.be/dLsefeAnY-M
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:54:32 PM by carl fraley »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »
Maybe less of a say in politics by Queen Frederica. Lot of blame on her aggressive ways.

Offline bongo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2014, 01:26:00 AM »
He could have been king another 50 years and it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference. The fact he and the deeply reactionary and endlessly politically meddling Frederika ignored the advice of the prime minister and made the state visit to London in 1963 just shows how arrogant and out of touch they were. What constitutional monarch defies the wishes of their prime minister? And of course, the London demonstrations were the start of the further instability. The fact that the name of Fredericka is still radioactive in Greece today shows the depth of the schism.

Offline bongo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2014, 05:04:38 AM »
I checked what the Greek press has said about the documentary.

"completely untenable royal propaganda... that is odd with the facts"

"Paul was spineless... Frederica became the real boss....it inaugurated an era of overt interventions of the dynasty in public affairs. The aspirations, political and economic of interests of the Glucksburgs were proclaimed in law.

First and foremost because he was the king of the civil war. No initiative is marked those years to stop the anguish. The royal court was fully aligned with the Americans.

Two. After the end of the civil war the relentless persecution of any non-"nationalist".

Three. Executions and killings for political reasons. All committed in the name of the king.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2014, 10:02:02 PM »
I think King Paul remained popular while most of the blame went to the power hungry queen.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »
The extended Greek Royal Family and many guests attended the 50th anniversary of the death of HM King Paul in Athens and at the Royal cemetery at Tatoi.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=05-03-2014%20Athene

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=06-03-2014%20Spanish

courtesy PPE

Je Maintiendrai