Author Topic: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece  (Read 179605 times)

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2005, 04:45:22 AM »

Despite my father being Greek, and supposedly coming  from a 'great' Greek family  ::), that was connected to the royal house through civil service for many years, I never really asked anyone in the family about them.  Anyway, one day at afternoon tea at my Thea Tinas house, I asked her about her personal experience with The Greek court.  I cant remember the exact details, but she muttered something, quiet emotionally about attending Pavlos I' funeral, and how supposedly it was rumoured that his coffin (for whatever reason) was filled with sandbags, and frederika was responsible...I'll have to ask her again, allthough she seemed quiet upset about it., i dont believe she was a fan, she was a young girl then though.

James
:)
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »
my website is working now so you can find out what you need to know there  ;D

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• He who is content with the least is rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2005, 01:32:21 PM »
Despite my father being Greek, and supposedly coming  from a 'great' Greek family  ::), that was connected to the royal house through civil service for many years, I never really asked anyone in the family about them.  Anyway, one day at afternoon tea at my Thea Tinas house, I asked her about her personal experience with The Greek court.  I cant remember the exact details, but she muttered something, quiet emotionally about attending Pavlos I' funeral, and how supposedly it was rumoured that his coffin (for whatever reason) was filled with sandbags, and frederika was responsible...I'll have to ask her again, allthough she seemed quiet upset about it., i dont believe she was a fan, she was a young girl then though.

James

sounds sinster :o

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2005, 04:22:40 PM »

James

Another batch of rumours brought on by hateful, spiteful, and revengeful sycophants who wanted to bring down the monarchy, no matter what the cost, and through any means possible, or great lengths.

The sandbags rumour was not the only rumour that floated around during King Pavlos's death....

Rumours that should be disregarded and not even brought up, in my opinion.

Regards to all,

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2005, 09:14:32 PM »

"Another batch of rumours brought on by hateful, spiteful, and revengeful sycophants who wanted to bring down the monarchy, no matter what the cost, and through any means possible, or great lengths".

I can assure you my Aunt did not want to bring down the monarchy, lol.  She is a very intelligent and compassionate woman and for whatever her dislike for the Queen was, Im sure it was founded.  

Iskenderbey, could you fill me in on the details of the 'sandbag' rumour?
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2005, 09:52:44 AM »
I can assure you my Aunt did not want to bring down the monarchy, lol.  She is a very intelligent and compassionate woman and for whatever her dislike for the Queen was, Im sure it was founded.  

Iskenderbey, could you fill me in on the details of the 'sandbag' rumour?

Hello.  Sorry for the delay in responding.  I by no means meant to say that your aunt was part of these rumours, and I am sorry if my message came off that way.  I was just talking generally in regards to those that did create these rumours.  Very spiteful and mean in my opinion.  

The sandbag rumour is part of a bunch of rumours revoling around the death of King Pavlos.   However, being as I find these rumours quite an annoyance and despicable, I would prefer not to bring them up any further, and decline to get into them.

Regards!

Offline lexar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2005, 12:44:22 PM »
Regarding the so called rumours!

King Pavlos was killed in a gunfight with his equary officer Levidis, not before killing the second. The reasons were said to be of a... personal nature. They both physically disappeared from public view at the same time.
It was announced that king Pavlos died of cancer.
He was in a hospital but no one of the public ever saw him. There were no pictures what so ever published anywhere during his "sickness". Anyone who has any photos of the time will do me a service to post them!!
News were published of people--namely his grand daughter from Spain--visiting him at his death bed. Pictures were published in the press of this grand daughter but not of the King!
The funeral casket was never in open display!!
No one of the press or public ever saw the King dead!
These are rather facts!!
Conclusion/rumour: The king died during or soon after his gunfight. He was buried days before an official funeral was held. His public funeral casket contained no body of his! Full of sandbags or not, it was buried 15-20 days after the real death.
Of course, any not doctored, publicized pictures would convince any rumour mongers that they are wrong!
Are there any such pictures???

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2005, 02:17:31 PM »
thank you very much for theat post lexar that is fasinating!
its true that the death of king paul as a mistery there seems no information and photos of the funeral the hole thing is very straing. there seems to be a lot of missing information about the greek royal family. there is no info on frederikas funeral or  info or pictures of her between 1967-1981
ive hered rumers that she commited suiside in 1975 but this was kept quite and she was beried in 1981 this is untrue i think there are others about her being :-/ murded.
also the lack of information between 1967-1973 of the role of king konstantine and the part played by the royal family between 1924-1935 its al very intresting.

Offline Gamix

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2005, 07:44:48 AM »
 They say..they say they say!!!

Queen Frederica ,was of german origin,as we all know.Therefore she was a very strong  and clever woman!

She personally involved into Greece's deleberation campaign against  redbandids,and the same time,under her care,thousands of young children  and people  were saved  from  been kidnapped and dead!!Her contribution  to anti -redbandids war was enormous,and also Her social work to the  Northern provinces who were struck by the war!!So, leftists never forgave Her about that,and since they couldn't damage Her in her work as a Queen they tried to damage Her image as awoman and a individual!!!Bad fiction became propaganda ,wich  became greater  when Our King and Her Husband suddenly became ill,and Herself  personnally took over the Public affairs of the Palace,and in the mean time she was a mother of three children of age needing special care and attention!As you all understand She was speaking with God  and Devil every day and for years!She was inded succesfull to everything she has done!!

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2005, 10:49:13 PM »
For frederica here are some:

QF at the funeral of John Kennedy
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2005, 10:49:45 PM »

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2005, 10:51:43 PM »
with her daughter Irene

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2005, 10:52:30 PM »
with her parents and Paul

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2005, 10:53:41 PM »
with Paul

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »
wedding (among others you can see GDss George 'Greek Minny' in the top right)