Author Topic: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece  (Read 179687 times)

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
Re: King Paul & Queen Frederika (nee Hannover) of Greece
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2005, 11:31:50 AM »
i know that she had mental health problems in later life it stated in the 40s in about 1964 she started to say that her dead husband was coming to her in the night telling her how to run the country. There is almost nothing about her in the 1970s except thta she gave lectures at the university of Madras.

as for this quote did it ever occur to you that as all these web sites use the same quote thay got it from the one and only source i doubt you were there when she said it so i might be that she was mis quoted or was herd rong or she was misundestud or they just assumed that she was queen of greece that she was greek :-/ the only truth is what came from her own mouth  she alegedly said this in 1968 her metal problems were not the big yet they realy started after 1974 i dont what to discuss this quote anymore its borring lets just agree to disagree on this one! but they were intresting web sites though.

were did you get this idea that she was frigid from?

( even if i was german i doubt many greeks would mind to much about my feelings considering their view of germans) ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by frederika »

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• He who is content with the least is rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2005, 11:55:26 AM »
you might have noticed that that speech you say was made by an imposter or just a greek tourist they happened to confuse with Her Royal Majesty Queen Frederika, has slight differences in each site and is not identicle which adds to its authenticity, anyway i agree to disagree with you ;)

Frigid?  I just think she was very detached and mechanical.  Not saying all Germans are like this ;) We have seen how passionate they can get... :-[ but to me, as a person she seemed devoid of any notion of a Mediterranean character.  A true right-wing Robot!

If there are ever going to be Royals in Greece again they will have to be Greek as the Germans and English don't stand much of a chance. 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Reaper_the_pure »

Offline TJ Jones

• Boyar
  • I'll never be regular here... *cries*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2005, 02:27:15 PM »

Lol, did she really say that lol. I can imagine if there were any Greeks there how they would turn and look at each other confused lol. Thats so funny!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Moonlight_Densetsu »
Rule TJ! TJ rules the waves, TJ will never, never, never, eat mayonnaise!

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2005, 02:31:31 PM »
wright wing robot! but yet again you cant be a nazi and a hippy it does not work! (except with charles manson the exception that proves the rule) nazis thought that asian people and there realigons were inferia i doubt if she realy was a nazi that she would have given them any time. she obviously was not a medatiranian but she was very open and passonate in her views if you read any of the other posts here you will find out about the aledged affairs she had. many people have commented on her radiant smile and charm but also arrogance even in exile she sold her jewels and renonced every thing to do with royalty.

to me she seemed a fasinating, inteligent, humerous and very human :-/

if you think she was a cold evil nazi with all the charizma of a tree stump id like to no what you think of tsarina Aliks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by frederika »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2005, 03:23:22 PM »
These posts are verging on abusive. I am asking for the FA to take a look.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »
I wish to remind everyone of the rules of civility and courtesy please. disagree with what someone says, but respect the person.

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »
LOL i think the moderator who asked you to look at this thread is over sensitive.  We have been going around a very delicate issue and very much information has been pasted and discussed in detail and we are all much wiser for it including myself.  We have only been respectful of each other and have at many points said the phrase, 'i agree to diagree :) If however i am wrong please can the person who feels ''abused'' post now and i will be the first to appologise;

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2005, 04:11:36 PM »
theres something i agree with we have both been forcefull in are opinions but not abusive to one another we both have very strong but different views thats all if you agree with me or reaper_the_pure there is no reason to be so sensitive we have i think we both learned something from eachother :-/

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2005, 04:23:15 PM »
theres something i agree with we have both been forcefull in are opinions but not abusive to one another we both have very strong but different views thats all if you agree with me or reaper_the_pure there is no reason to be so sensitive we have i think we both learned something from eachother :-/

Spoken beautifully Basilissa Frederika!
(Queen Frederika) ;)

just sent u a pm!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2005, 07:00:34 PM »
You will please note I wrote VERGING on the abusive. I have not posted yet I have noticed the heated opinions on this topic.
I will, however, take offence at using "hippy" as  derogatory  and denegrating the study by Westerners of Eastern tought.
I also saw "wright [sic] wing robot"  rather accusatory.
A great deal is being lost in translation here. Have any of you read her book  "A Measure of Understanding"?
No pulitzer prize but at least an insight on her thoughts.
The title is most apt.
Cheers.
Robert
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2005, 07:24:42 PM »
i have read a measure of understanding i was going to say that the title has a deep meaning that frederika wanted the world to no and not juge her and read what she had to say it is a facinating and unique life story both my profile quotes are from that book.

remeber im deffending frederika i dont think reaper_ the_ pure ment hippy as a derogatory term it was quoted on another website she is offen called that as she not only was a scoler of easten philsophy but she gave a lot up and chose to live her life in a way that was at the time was known as "hippy" its not to dissraspect anyone. she was also rather eccentric which was just in her nature nothing involving her view on easton philosophy. we both had a heated discution we have strong views and a forcefull way of arguing them thats some thing queen frederika would admire! ;D

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2005, 08:15:06 PM »
You will please note I wrote VERGING on the abusive. I have not posted yet I have noticed the heated opinions on this topic.
I will, however, take offence at using "hippy" as  derogatory  and denegrating the study by Westerners of Eastern tought.
I also saw "wright [sic] wing robot"  rather accusatory.
A great deal is being lost in translation here. Have any of you read her book  "A Measure of Understanding"?
No pulitzer prize but at least an insight on her thoughts.
The title is most apt.
Cheers.
Robert

i agree totally with Frederika (the forum member) ;)  Just as i was pessimistic with my views on the former queen of Hellas, Frederika was more optomistic, neither of us were offended, and reading your latest post you are the only one with a problem here ???  If i accused Queen Frederika of being a 'right wing robot, (not wright*) so what? was that worth calling in the Forum Admin?? :-[ ;D
I posted sites that may display her a hippy yes, again, so what? Do you think i hate Hippies????? LOL

I conclude by saying what everyone besides you believes, nothing was verging on the abusive, LOL ''abusive'' being the strongest adjective i can see at the moent on this thread! The only one who was offended was you as the rest of us have said we were enjoying a lively debate of information before you awkwardly told us you were calling the Head admin.....anyway ::) back to the former Hellenic Queen..

I have heard of this book many times and it comes across as Frederika says as a kind of vindication, are there any other books on her from a more informal biographer that is more no holes barred and warts and all and perhaps at times sensationalist!?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2005, 09:16:32 PM »
You asked what I thought was verging on abusive. I told you. Instead of constuctive conveyance of your intent, you rant on.
Hey- I can respect your opinion of the person, if I knew what it actually is.
I am no big fan of Frederika either, but I do read her words and have some personal knowledge of her through my grandparents. So- like I said- A measure of Understanding is called for.
Btw, the "sic" is in context.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Robert_Hall »

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2005, 03:09:23 AM »
a measure of understanding is a good read its obviously very positive but in does tackle many of the questions people have with her. there is one problem and that it is just to sentimental! i just cant believe she realy loved her husband and he her after they were both unfaithfull.

for you a would strongly recomend The Rape of Greece
its an irish book in english its availible in libaries and on the net i cant remember the auther theres another one called Frederika and the Making of Modern Greece

Offline Reaper_the_pure

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2005, 06:09:20 AM »
thanx, i like the sound of the irish one!
i'm on line now ;)