The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 15, 2014, 09:52:30 PM
461907 Posts in 8954 Topics by 14516 Members
Latest Member: Oberon
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Windsors (Moderators: grandduchessella, ChristineM, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, Svetabel)
| | |-+  Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge  (Read 99585 times)
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Courtier Posts: 7312

View Profile

TRH the Duke and Duchess will pay an official visit to Canada from june 30th till july 8th.

From july 8th untill july 10th the Couple will visit California. Smiley

The couple will return to London in time for the Trooping the Colour on june 11th.

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #1
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
Emperor of the Dominions Offline
Boyar

View Profile

TRH the Duke and Duchess will pay an official visit to Canada from june 30th till july 8th.

From july 8th untill july 10th the Couple will visit California. Smiley

The couple will return to London in time for the Trooping the Colour on june 11th.

And so their work representing the UK and the Monarchy together, begins.

R.I.

God save the Queen !
Reply #2
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:12:02 AM »
CHRISinUSA Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Tonight is the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace in honor of the visit of President and Mrs. Obama.  This will be our first chance to see the Duchess of Cambridge at such an event - and wearing a tiara.  I wonder which tiara the Queen will have loaned her for the occasion?
Reply #3
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
RoyalWatcher Offline
Graf

View Profile

Chris, I'm very excited about the Duchess of Cambridge's appearance tonight and CANNOT WAIT to see which tiara she wears. So exciting!!!
Reply #4
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
CHRISinUSA Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Hmm, I just read a report that the Cambridge's will NOT be attending the banquet tonight.  Not confirmed
Reply #5
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
RoyalWatcher Offline
Graf

View Profile

Crossing my fingers that they do. They looked fantastic in the photos released today with the Obama's. Not as tan as I thought they might be. Both looked so great!
Reply #6
« on: June 05, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
CHRISinUSA Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

The Telegraph today reports that William and Kate will move into Kensington Palace within a few weeks, making a "small property" at the palace their London base on a temporary basis until a suitable larger London property becomes available.  Their main home will remain the small farmhouse near William's job, and their Household Offices will remain at St. Jameses.

The article says their new KP home will NOT be Diana's former apartments, as those are currently in use as offices.  I wonder which apartment have been offered them?  Margaret's was handed over to HRP and is open to the public, the Glouchesters still occupy the one just west of that one, and the Michaels of Kent still have the one next door to Diana's old one.

And I wonder what options are on the table for the "larger permanent London base?"  The article suggested that the Queen had offered the couple an apartment at Buckingham Palace, although I'm not sure which one that could be?!?  From the floor plans I've seen, and aside from the Belgian guest suite, there are only six royal apartments at BP (The Queen's and Prince Phillip's in the North Wing the Wessex, Princess Royal and York apartments in the East Wing, and one more on the floor directly above Phillip's rooms (The King's Apartments).  That last one above Phillip's is the one vacant one as far as I can tell.

By the way, the Princess Royal's London base has always confused me.  Is it in BP or St. James?  I've heard both - the Monarchy website says her apartments are in St. James, but a few years ago in a televised interview. the Duke of York was leading Merideth Viera on a tour of Buckingham Palace and, as they walked down the Principal Corridor in the East Range, he pointed out the door to the Wessex apartment and the Princess Royal's apartment before reaching his own.  Does Anne have two, or has she moved from one to the other?
Reply #7
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a charity gala dinner at Kensington Palace last night.

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #8
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:37 AM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The Duke and Prince Harry "battled" in the Sentebale polo cup yesterday,Williams team won:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=12-06-2011%20Polo

courtesy PPE Grin

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #9
« on: June 21, 2011, 06:09:34 AM »
TunaEars Offline
Boyar
You cannot imagine the half of my suffering. Posts: 188

View Profile

what to make of kate's decision to not accept  free items from designers etc, good or bad idea? i suppose she's just trying to show privilege isn't going to make her someone else etc,  but i heard someone say that it might have been better if she'd accepted the free items and then just auctioned them off for charity?

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.
-
"Respiration nil, Aston Villa two"
Reply #10
« on: June 21, 2011, 06:51:21 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Hm, difficult one, but Cherie Blair has become quite notorious for her pursuit of freebies, so may be better to avoid any possible ambiguity.

Ann
Reply #11
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
RoyalWatcher Offline
Graf

View Profile

Happy 29th Birthday to Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge ! ! !
Reply #12
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:04:03 PM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Happy 29th Birthday to Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge ! ! !

Hear Hear!!!Many happy returns of the day:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?specialid=1126&savesearch=1&flush=1

Smiley

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #13
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The official photo's for the 2011 Royal Canadian Tour by TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadianheritage-patrimoinecanadien/5860260130/in/photostream

Smiley

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #14
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »
Lindelle Offline
Graf

View Profile

The Telegraph today reports that William and Kate will move into Kensington Palace within a few weeks, making a "small property" at the palace their London base on a temporary basis until a suitable larger London property becomes available.  Their main home will remain the small farmhouse near William's job, and their Household Offices will remain at St. Jameses.

The article says their new KP home will NOT be Diana's former apartments, as those are currently in use as offices.  I wonder which apartment have been offered them?  Margaret's was handed over to HRP and is open to the public, the Glouchesters still occupy the one just west of that one, and the Michaels of Kent still have the one next door to Diana's old one.

And I wonder what options are on the table for the "larger permanent London base?"  The article suggested that the Queen had offered the couple an apartment at Buckingham Palace, although I'm not sure which one that could be?!?  From the floor plans I've seen, and aside from the Belgian guest suite, there are only six royal apartments at BP (The Queen's and Prince Phillip's in the North Wing the Wessex, Princess Royal and York apartments in the East Wing, and one more on the floor directly above Phillip's rooms (The King's Apartments).  That last one above Phillip's is the one vacant one as far as I can tell.

By the way, the Princess Royal's London base has always confused me.  Is it in BP or St. James?  I've heard both - the Monarchy website says her apartments are in St. James, but a few years ago in a televised interview. the Duke of York was leading Merideth Viera on a tour of Buckingham Palace and, as they walked down the Principal Corridor in the East Range, he pointed out the door to the Wessex apartment and the Princess Royal's apartment before reaching his own.  Does Anne have two, or has she moved from one to the other?

Chris I've been trying to get a hold of that link for ages but I can't find it.
I thought  the PR had apartments at BP still to this day with offices at St James.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: