The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 02, 2014, 04:32:51 AM
461598 Posts in 8947 Topics by 14510 Members
Latest Member: KiraBelle
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Windsors (Moderators: grandduchessella, ChristineM, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, Svetabel)
| | |-+  Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge  (Read 97517 times)
Reply #330
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Courtier Posts: 7307

View Profile

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge celebrates her 31st birthday today!

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #331
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:54 AM »
Jen_94 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Happy birthday to HRH The Duchess of Cambridge for today! Smiley

Reply #332
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:09 AM »
CHRISinUSA Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

The BBC are reporting that the Queen has earmarked Amner Hall, about 2 miles from Sandringham House, as the future country home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  Part of the Sandringham Estate since 1898, the hall was rented by the Duke and Duchess of Kent from 1972 - 1990, and is currently occupied by the Everett family, owners of a kitchen and timber company Norfolk Oak. 

The Hall's current lease expires in 2017, which makes me wonder - will the Cambridges' have no country home for the next 4-5 years, or a temporary one, or perhaps will the Queen buy out the Amner Hall lease early?

Reply #333
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »
Lucien Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Courtier Posts: 7307

View Profile

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge celebrates her 31st birthday today!

And also:

HM The Queen has issued Laters Patent that in case the baby of TRH is a girl,,she will be styled a Princess and titled as HRH,
not a mere Lady.

Smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20962102

Je Maintiendrai
Reply #334
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »
Suzanne Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Some additional background on the December 31, 2012 Letters Patent granting equal titles to all the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children

http://www.royalhistorian.com/queen-elizabeth-decrees-that-all-of-the-duke-and-duchess-of-cambridges-children-will-be-princes-and-princesses/
Reply #335
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
Jen_94 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Well, it seems the royal couple spent Kate's 31st in an evening out in London. The Duke and Duchess were spotted seeing the Cirque du Soeli's show, Kooza at the Royal Albert Hall last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/kate-middleton/9794296/Duchess-of-Cambridge-celebrates-31st-birthday-with-family-outing.html

Reply #336
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »
RoyalWatcher Offline
Graf

View Profile

The BBC are reporting that the Queen has earmarked Amner Hall, about 2 miles from Sandringham House, as the future country home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  Part of the Sandringham Estate since 1898, the hall was rented by the Duke and Duchess of Kent from 1972 - 1990, and is currently occupied by the Everett family, owners of a kitchen and timber company Norfolk Oak. 

The Hall's current lease expires in 2017, which makes me wonder - will the Cambridges' have no country home for the next 4-5 years, or a temporary one, or perhaps will the Queen buy out the Amner Hall lease early?

And, now The Telegraph is reporting the same thing with details including a planning application that has already been filed on the Grade II listed property:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9793380/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-to-be-given-a-rural-home-fit-for-a-Royal-family.html

I suppose the property that the PoW was building called "Harewood Park Estate" is indeed not intended for William and Kate after all.
Reply #337
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
CHRISinUSA Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Apparently not.  Amner will make a nice family home for the couple.  But it does make me wonder about the royal housing shuffle in the next reign. When Charles becomes King, he'll gain Balmoral and Sandringham.  Highgrove is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall, so won't that pass to William?  I suppose at that point Amner Hall could be given to Harry and his eventual wife.
Reply #338
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
grandduchessella Offline
Global Moderator
Velikye Knyaz
Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D Posts: 13173

View Profile WWW

Kate's first official portrait. The bottom half of her face looks like an older woman.

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/
Reply #339
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
Jen_94 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Ok, my opinion:

Right up close, I think the portrait looks so much better. From the distance, not really. The only thing I like 100% about the portrait is the fact it looks so real and also the way the hair was painted. The portrait doesn't flatter her that much, I don't think.

Kate and William made an appearance (Kate wearing a rather nice dress, and looking healthy!) at the National Portrait Gallery, London to view the painting unveiled today. The Middletons were also there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260655/Kate-Middleton-Rotten-official-portrait-Duchess-Cambridge-artist-Paul-Emsley-unveiled.html

Reply #340
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:19:17 AM »
Gerta Offline
I Love YaBB 2! Posts: 23

View Profile

I agree, the portrait is not becoming. Showing bags under the eyes, small wrinkles and tired eyes, it really looks like a passport photo.  I think they could have found a better artist to do the portrait.
Reply #341
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
Sara Ara˙jo Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

I think that the main issue with the portrait is that it really makes her look much older than what she is. It's almost as if we're looking at a future version of herself. Considering the fact that she's pregnant this is even more awkward, as one would expect her to look healthy, young and fresh as that is usually the idea we have of young mothers. And it just doesn't look like herself. Other than that I think it's very well executed.

Natalie Paley website:

http://nataliepaley.webs.com/
Reply #342
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
RoyalWatcher Offline
Graf

View Profile

Her hair in the portrait is phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous. However, her face looks jaundice and the painted nose seems twice the size of her actual one. Bummer. Is this the one that the PoW commissioned?
Reply #343
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
DNAgenie Offline

View Profile

I read somewhere that Kate wanted the portrait to show the real person, not her public face.  And she has a degree in art history, after all, so she presumably knows what she wants.
Reply #344
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
grandduchessella Offline
Global Moderator
Velikye Knyaz
Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D Posts: 13173

View Profile WWW

Then the artist presumably thought her 'real face' was snide and a bit calculating. :/  That's the impression I get when I look at it. Art is very subjective, however. If they wanted a discussion started then they got that at least! She was also familiar with the artist's style so she would've known how it may come across.

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: