The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 22, 2014, 01:36:37 AM
462535 Posts in 8996 Topics by 14527 Members
Latest Member: Ekaterina2012
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  Having Fun! (Moderators: Laura Mabee, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, TimM)
| | |-+  Writers Circle
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Writers Circle  (Read 37140 times)
Reply #150
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf
Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko: Tzars of the Ice Posts: 343

View Profile WWW

That's perfect! Awww, poor guy Sad And perhaps, since it was in winter, Lika could have performed for them as a special, personal birthday gift!

Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko
Reply #151
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The fictitious Sandor Dolgoruky (his mother was Hungarian) isn't too bothered. He finds the girls nice but very innocent and has a ballet girl under his protection!

Ann
Reply #152
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Hahaha well that works out for the better then! Good luck!

Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko
Reply #153
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Later on, when Sandor briefly becomes ADC to Alexei, (Alexei decides he wants an ADC, and what Alexei wants he must have!) the Empress makes her disapproval very obvious. 'Dolgoruky is very fast,' she tells Nicholas. 'He is quite unsuitable as a companion to a little boy.'

Marie and Anastasia are rather taken with Sandor, and go in for some flirting, but he has just got engaged to a nurse at the Anglo-Russian Hospital, who manages to meet with Alexandra's approval, as she is a clergyman's daughter.

Ann
Reply #154
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Awwww that sounds really good! Yeah, what Aleksei wants, he GETS!

Reply #155
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
Olga Bernice Offline
Graf
<-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally* Posts: 308

View Profile WWW

Yay!! Congrats, Talya!!

Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918
Reply #156
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Before I start, what is going on with the board tonight.  It's as slow as molasses.  Is anyone else having these problems?

Anyway, DOOL is going on indefinite hiatus, for the reasons I stated after my last chapter to date.  It will remain in hiatus until one of two events happen..

1.  RHB comes back, but truth be told, I don't think that's going to happen.  She has not logged into this board since November 16 and has so far refused to reply to repeated e-mails and PM's I have sent.

2.  I find a new co-writer.  For a while I thought I had one, but that seems to have fallen through. Edubs31 has expressed some interest in joining in at some future time.  If that pans out, then who knows.

Stay tuned for further news, which I will post here when I have it.

Author of The Rex and Hannah Chronicles.
Reply #157
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

I was looking around the threads in the Final Chapter Forum, and the general consensus is that there was no order from Moscow...

This means that there would have been no reason for Liza (or whatever I decide her name to be) to be murdered by her husband... no telegram means she wouldn't have found out about the impending murders of the IF, her husband wouldn't have found out & thus he wouldn't have killed her...

But here's an idea!

Removing the entire "telegram" idea, what if her husband, still an influential part of the Revolution, discovered that her brother was The Officer, and she found out that he knew, and planned to warn him? Now, THAT sounds like an even better motive to me!

GOD I'M GOOD!

Hey, Angie, how is your project coming along?  Just curious?

Reply #158
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Thanks for asking!

Unfortunately I have to start virtually from scratch. I had a run-in with a nasty virus on New Year's Eve and go figure my stepbrother-in-law who was fixing it didn't bother to save anything. So I haven't even touched it in months unfortunately. I know I want to do it, I just need to have a better game plan this time with regards to the specifics of the plot. I clearly have some more research to do about the time period.

Reply #159
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Unfortunately I have to start virtually from scratch. I had a run-in with a nasty virus on New Year's Eve and go figure my stepbrother-in-law who was fixing it didn't bother to save anything

Ah man, that's awful.  It must have been hard to lose all that work.

Reply #160
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:15:11 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Yeah, but the bright side is this: I never finished it, so I can just start over, take certain things into consideration, such as ages of characters, geography of palace grounds, etc. and plot in general, to make it much better than it was. I annoyingly discovered that the revelation of the possibility of the husband being the culprit was revealed too early, as I had done before. I wanted to put other suspects in there. I still want to find some way for initials to come into play, but I'm considering dumping that idea since I don't know how it would really come to pass. Then there's the whole prologue. That was a disaster! I wanted to make it pulse-pounding, put the reader there, and I think I did okay with that, considering I'd never written anything like it before, but then I got through the prologue, went on to the first chapter, and realized I NEVER MENTIONED THE DRESS in the prologue! So my attempt at foreshadowing was unachieved. So, I have some work to do on my style, and I need to pay attention to what I write.

It did stink to lose what I'd done, but at least I can write it again, far better than it was! Thanks for your encouragement, Tim. It definitely inspires me to work some more on it now! I haven't thought of it since January unfortunately which was when I lost it. I see no harm in working on it now!

Reply #161
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:31:34 AM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Thanks for your encouragement, Tim. It definitely inspires me to work some more on it now! I haven't thought of it since January unfortunately which was when I lost it. I see no harm in working on it now!

Go for it, Angie.  I'm glad I inspired you to take up your story again.

Reply #162
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »
Duchess Hydrangea Offline

View Profile WWW

Wow, this is a interesting idea. I'd like to jump in on it if I could.

http://wtp.webs.com/ Arthur of "Homing Bird" a novel in Imperial Russia.
Reply #163
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Sure, go for it.  Post your ideas in this thread.

Reply #164
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:30:49 AM »
Duchess Hydrangea Offline

View Profile WWW

Sure will. I got your PM by the way but there is an error when I reply.
Sure, go for it.  Post your ideas in this thread.

http://wtp.webs.com/ Arthur of "Homing Bird" a novel in Imperial Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: