The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
User Info & Key Stats
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 22, 2015, 01:27:38 AM
463333 Posts in 9074 Topics by 14559 Members
Latest Member: kzenchuk
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+ The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+ Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+ Having Fun! (Moderators: Laura Mabee, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, TimM)
| | |-+ Writers Circle
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Writers Circle  (Read 42849 times)
Reply #135
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Sounds good to me.  Meanwhile, I'm hoping my co-writer gets over this exile from the Internet soon.  She hasn't been here in a week.

Seriously, RHB, what is going on!?!?

Author of The Rex and Hannah Chronicles.
Reply #136
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf
Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko: Tzars of the Ice Posts: 344

View Profile WWW

I know what you mean! My phone went out and with it my DSL, that's why I was gone for so long! It was a nightmare Sad

At any rate I wonder if I should look around the forum and see if I can find some of the other answers to those questions...

I'll probably do some MASSIVE edits in December to clean everything up, so I COULD just go with the flow until then, write the story, then post it here, ask the accuracy experts to point out the goofs, and use their critique as a guide for editing...

Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko
Reply #137
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

I'll probably do some MASSIVE edits in December to clean everything up, so I COULD just go with the flow until then, write the story, then post it here, ask the accuracy experts to point out the goofs, and use their critique as a guide for editing

That's a good idea, Angie.

Reply #138
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

I was looking around the threads in the Final Chapter Forum, and the general consensus is that there was no order from Moscow...

This means that there would have been no reason for Liza (or whatever I decide her name to be) to be murdered by her husband... no telegram means she wouldn't have found out about the impending murders of the IF, her husband wouldn't have found out & thus he wouldn't have killed her...

But here's an idea!

Removing the entire "telegram" idea, what if her husband, still an influential part of the Revolution, discovered that her brother was The Officer, and she found out that he knew, and planned to warn him? Now, THAT sounds like an even better motive to me!

GOD I'M GOOD!

Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko
Reply #139
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Aleksey

Just a thought, but perhaps your Liza could first meet Olga and Tatiana at one of the small dances Olga Alexandrovna held for them.

Funnily enough, my fictitious hero is a young officer who plays chess with Alexei!

Ann
Reply #140
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

That sounds like a perfect idea! Thank you Ann! Can you give me ideas as to when these dances were held?

Reply #141
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

I think in the winter of 1913-14, after they had both had their sixteenth birthdays. Olga Alexandrovna wanted to broaden their experience a bit. I don't know about the young ladies who went, but apparently the young officers were very carefully selected for their morals (my fictitious hero was not on the invitation list, as he had fought a duel).

Ann
Reply #142
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

That's perfect! Awww, poor guy Sad And perhaps, since it was in winter, Lika could have performed for them as a special, personal birthday gift!

Reply #143
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The fictitious Sandor Dolgoruky (his mother was Hungarian) isn't too bothered. He finds the girls nice but very innocent and has a ballet girl under his protection!

Ann
Reply #144
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Hahaha well that works out for the better then! Good luck!

Reply #145
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Later on, when Sandor briefly becomes ADC to Alexei, (Alexei decides he wants an ADC, and what Alexei wants he must have!) the Empress makes her disapproval very obvious. 'Dolgoruky is very fast,' she tells Nicholas. 'He is quite unsuitable as a companion to a little boy.'

Marie and Anastasia are rather taken with Sandor, and go in for some flirting, but he has just got engaged to a nurse at the Anglo-Russian Hospital, who manages to meet with Alexandra's approval, as she is a clergyman's daughter.

Ann
Reply #146
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
Vive_HIH_Aleksey Offline
Graf

View Profile WWW

Awwww that sounds really good! Yeah, what Aleksei wants, he GETS!

Reply #147
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
Olga Bernice Offline
Graf
<-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally* Posts: 308

View Profile WWW

Yay!! Congrats, Talya!!

Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918
Reply #148
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Before I start, what is going on with the board tonight.  It's as slow as molasses.  Is anyone else having these problems?

Anyway, DOOL is going on indefinite hiatus, for the reasons I stated after my last chapter to date.  It will remain in hiatus until one of two events happen..

1.  RHB comes back, but truth be told, I don't think that's going to happen.  She has not logged into this board since November 16 and has so far refused to reply to repeated e-mails and PM's I have sent.

2.  I find a new co-writer.  For a while I thought I had one, but that seems to have fallen through. Edubs31 has expressed some interest in joining in at some future time.  If that pans out, then who knows.

Stay tuned for further news, which I will post here when I have it.

Reply #149
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
TimM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

I was looking around the threads in the Final Chapter Forum, and the general consensus is that there was no order from Moscow...

This means that there would have been no reason for Liza (or whatever I decide her name to be) to be murdered by her husband... no telegram means she wouldn't have found out about the impending murders of the IF, her husband wouldn't have found out & thus he wouldn't have killed her...

But here's an idea!

Removing the entire "telegram" idea, what if her husband, still an influential part of the Revolution, discovered that her brother was The Officer, and she found out that he knew, and planned to warn him? Now, THAT sounds like an even better motive to me!

GOD I'M GOOD!

Hey, Angie, how is your project coming along?  Just curious?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: