Author Topic: Writers Circle  (Read 60691 times)

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
Re: Writers Circle
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »
Sounds good to me.  Meanwhile, I'm hoping my co-writer gets over this exile from the Internet soon.  She hasn't been here in a week.

Seriously, RHB, what is going on!?!?

Days Of OTMA's Lives by Tim and Wakas.

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
  • Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko: Tzars of the Ice
    • View Profile
    • Desire: A Figure Skating RPG
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »
I know what you mean! My phone went out and with it my DSL, that's why I was gone for so long! It was a nightmare :(

At any rate I wonder if I should look around the forum and see if I can find some of the other answers to those questions...

I'll probably do some MASSIVE edits in December to clean everything up, so I COULD just go with the flow until then, write the story, then post it here, ask the accuracy experts to point out the goofs, and use their critique as a guide for editing...
Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
I'll probably do some MASSIVE edits in December to clean everything up, so I COULD just go with the flow until then, write the story, then post it here, ask the accuracy experts to point out the goofs, and use their critique as a guide for editing

That's a good idea, Angie.

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
I was looking around the threads in the Final Chapter Forum, and the general consensus is that there was no order from Moscow...

This means that there would have been no reason for Liza (or whatever I decide her name to be) to be murdered by her husband... no telegram means she wouldn't have found out about the impending murders of the IF, her husband wouldn't have found out & thus he wouldn't have killed her...

But here's an idea!

Removing the entire "telegram" idea, what if her husband, still an influential part of the Revolution, discovered that her brother was The Officer, and she found out that he knew, and planned to warn him? Now, THAT sounds like an even better motive to me!

GOD I'M GOOD!
Hatred this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Aleksey

Just a thought, but perhaps your Liza could first meet Olga and Tatiana at one of the small dances Olga Alexandrovna held for them.

Funnily enough, my fictitious hero is a young officer who plays chess with Alexei!

Ann

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2011, 12:33:54 AM »
That sounds like a perfect idea! Thank you Ann! Can you give me ideas as to when these dances were held?

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »
I think in the winter of 1913-14, after they had both had their sixteenth birthdays. Olga Alexandrovna wanted to broaden their experience a bit. I don't know about the young ladies who went, but apparently the young officers were very carefully selected for their morals (my fictitious hero was not on the invitation list, as he had fought a duel).

Ann

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
That's perfect! Awww, poor guy :( And perhaps, since it was in winter, Lika could have performed for them as a special, personal birthday gift!

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »
The fictitious Sandor Dolgoruky (his mother was Hungarian) isn't too bothered. He finds the girls nice but very innocent and has a ballet girl under his protection!

Ann

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »
Hahaha well that works out for the better then! Good luck!

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
Later on, when Sandor briefly becomes ADC to Alexei, (Alexei decides he wants an ADC, and what Alexei wants he must have!) the Empress makes her disapproval very obvious. 'Dolgoruky is very fast,' she tells Nicholas. 'He is quite unsuitable as a companion to a little boy.'

Marie and Anastasia are rather taken with Sandor, and go in for some flirting, but he has just got engaged to a nurse at the Anglo-Russian Hospital, who manages to meet with Alexandra's approval, as she is a clergyman's daughter.

Ann

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2011, 08:13:57 PM »
Awwww that sounds really good! Yeah, what Aleksei wants, he GETS!

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
  • <-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally*
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
Yay!! Congrats, Talya!!
Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2012, 02:03:01 AM »
I was looking around the threads in the Final Chapter Forum, and the general consensus is that there was no order from Moscow...

This means that there would have been no reason for Liza (or whatever I decide her name to be) to be murdered by her husband... no telegram means she wouldn't have found out about the impending murders of the IF, her husband wouldn't have found out & thus he wouldn't have killed her...

But here's an idea!

Removing the entire "telegram" idea, what if her husband, still an influential part of the Revolution, discovered that her brother was The Officer, and she found out that he knew, and planned to warn him? Now, THAT sounds like an even better motive to me!

GOD I'M GOOD!

Hey, Angie, how is your project coming along?  Just curious?

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »
Thanks for asking!

Unfortunately I have to start virtually from scratch. I had a run-in with a nasty virus on New Year's Eve and go figure my stepbrother-in-law who was fixing it didn't bother to save anything. So I haven't even touched it in months unfortunately. I know I want to do it, I just need to have a better game plan this time with regards to the specifics of the plot. I clearly have some more research to do about the time period.