Author Topic: Writers Circle  (Read 76883 times)

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
Re: Writers Circle
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2016, 07:02:28 AM »
Good luck with your story.

Offline Romanov_Fan19

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »
I Have Just  Found my  "Tsar Alexei  II   Story"  if no one minds id like to post some of it here   

Offline Duchess Hydrangea

• View Profile
    • HRH Carpathia blog
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
I enrolled "homing Bird" in KDP select and if any of you here have kindle unlimited you will be able to read it for free until August 30th. I'd like to hear back from you Romanov fans so if you read it or already have please leave a review. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTC908E/ref=x_gr_w_glide_ku?caller=Goodreads&callerLink=https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29484861-homing-bird&tag=x_gr_w_glide_ku-20
Arthur of The Last Russian Czarhttp://www.amazon.com/Last-Russian-Czar-H-Carpathia/dp/1600431690/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438094724&sr=8-6&keywords=the+last+russian+czar&pebp=1438094722063&perid=0HY1DJMAWA2SXA4BFAJ3

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
I enrolled "homing Bird" in KDP select and if any of you here have kindle unlimited you will be able to read it for free until August 30th. I'd like to hear back from you Romanov fans so if you read it or already have please leave a review. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTC908E/ref=x_gr_w_glide_ku?caller=Goodreads&callerLink=https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29484861-homing-bird&tag=x_gr_w_glide_ku-20

Hello! I was able to read Homing Bird for free (on Wattpad) before it was on Kindle or Amazon. NAOTMAA, especially Alexei, are not really in it that much. At the start of the novel for a few chapters, then it begins to thin down to only being mentioned (in the chapters when they are at Tobolsk and the Ipatiev House I understand, Marjorie wasn't there) which is a shame considering in the summary it says she is a playmate to Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia but only at the start. Marjorie, the main character, is a refreshing sight to see as it's rare to see POC in fictional History books that isn't about slavery.

My own book adopts the tale of a little girl becoming the playmate of the Grand Duchesses, but they are more prominent roles in the story from start to finish. The first ten chapters is about their childhood together-with my own versions of their anecdotes-before it delves into the years of WWI and the final years of the Imperial family. And that's only part one of the book, part two jumps into the late 1920s during the years of Anna Anderson where another claimant appears with knowledge that may confirm that someone did indeed survive the Ipatiev House massacre. ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:44:21 PM by GDSophie »
'Give my love to all who remember me' - Olga Nikolaevna

• View Profile
    • HRH Carpathia blog
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »

Hello! I was able to read Homing Bird for free (on Wattpad) before it was on Kindle or Amazon. NAOTMAA, especially Alexei, are not really in it that much. At the start of the novel for a few chapters, then it begins to thin down to only being mentioned (in the chapters when they are at Tobolsk and the Ipatiev House I understand, Marjorie wasn't there) which is a shame considering in the summary it says she is a playmate to Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia but only at the start. Marjorie, the main character, is a refreshing sight to see as it's rare to see POC in fictional History books that isn't about slavery.

My own book adopts the tale of a little girl becoming the playmate of the Grand Duchesses, but they are more prominent roles in the story from start to finish. The first ten chapters is about their childhood together-with my own versions of their anecdotes-before it delves into the years of WWI and the final years of the Imperial family. And that's only part one of the book, part two jumps into the late 1920s during the years of Anna Anderson where another claimant appears with knowledge that may confirm that someone did indeed survive the Ipatiev House massacre. ;)
I'm glad you were able to read it. Wattpad is a great platform and still preferred to be honest.  You are correct which is why I was confused when the publisher put czar on the title. Their synopsis which I never changed does make it sound like her adventure centers on the Tsar and his family. OTMA does have speaking lines throughout but KR (was mentioned in the old synopsis) and his family are the main Romanovs. Do you think the synopsis is misleading or acceptable because it can be adjusted.

As for Marjorie. I sort of have this oath with myself not to have a slave protagonist. Im Convinced that there are people who exist that think that is all their history is made up of and they needs to see otherwise.

Now. I would like to be able to read your story. Always looking for more Romanovs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:58:02 PM by Duchess Hydrangea »
Arthur of The Last Russian Czarhttp://www.amazon.com/Last-Russian-Czar-H-Carpathia/dp/1600431690/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438094724&sr=8-6&keywords=the+last+russian+czar&pebp=1438094722063&perid=0HY1DJMAWA2SXA4BFAJ3

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »

I'm glad you were able to read it. Wattpad is a great platform and still preferred to be honest.  You are correct which is why I was confused when the publisher put czar on the title. Their synopsis which I never changed does make it sound like her adventure centers on the Tsar and his family. OTMA does have speaking lines throughout but KR (was mentioned in the old synopsis) and his family are the main Romanovs. Do you think the synopsis is misleading or acceptable because it can be adjusted.

As for Marjorie. I sort of have this oath with myself not to have a slave protagonist. Im Convinced that there are people who exist that think that is all their history is made up of and they needs to see otherwise.

Now. I would like to be able to read your story. Always looking for more Romanovs.

A little misleading, yes, but adding a few words can change it. Also, is Marjorie's uncle Jim the doorman? Jim Hercules I think his name is, I honestly don't know if he's real or not I think there's a thread somewhere on here that delves more into him.

I know it needs a little bit more detail but I'm not thinking of getting it published until I decide too and for anecdotes it's hard because you want them to accurate as they can get, but after the first chapters they will get more detailed. I'm also looking for a new cover for the book. You can start reading it over on Wattpad here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/83681038-romanov-winds
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:00:43 PM by GDSophie »

• View Profile
    • HRH Carpathia blog
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »

A little misleading, yes, but adding a few words can change it. Also, is Marjorie's uncle Jim the doorman? Jim Hercules I think his name is, I honestly don't know if he's real or not I think there's a thread somewhere on here that delves more into him.

I know it needs a little bit more detail but I'm not thinking of getting it published until I decide too and for anecdotes it's hard because you want them to accurate as they can get, but after the first chapters they will get more detailed. I'm also looking for a new cover for the book. You can start reading it over on Wattpad here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/83681038-romanov-winds

Thanks for the feed back. I read what I could find on Jim.  Not much is known about him and i didn't just want to make a bunch of stuff up. I'll have to put your story on my reading list.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »
Jim Hercules I think his name is, I honestly don't know if he's real or not I think there's a thread somewhere on here that delves more into him.

He was real.  He served right up until the Revolution.  After that, no one is sure what became of him.  He either died over there, or returned to the U.S.  However, there is no real information either way.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
He is quite real, he did return to the US according to Bob's research. We have several photos of him.  After a visit back to his family in the US, he brought Alexei the Indian Teepee and canoe which you can see in photos of the Children's Playroom
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:11:59 PM by Forum Admin »

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
He is quite real, he did return to the US according to Bob's research. We have several photos of him.  After a visit back to his family in the US, he brought Alexei the Indian Teepee and canoe which you can see in photos of the Children's Playroom

I first read about him in Royal Diaries Anastasia and because some of it is made up for the purpose of the story I assumed the author had quickly just made him up as he's only mentioned once. Seems I was mistaken!

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
Good to hear that he made out of Russia after the Revolution. 

Offline infanta

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »
Hey! I'm new here, and I write as well. So far I only uploaded one chapter. The name of what I write is "Romanov story" so far, because I haven't thought of another name.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
I'll take a look at your story.