Author Topic: Remains of Rudolf Hess exhumed and cremated.  (Read 6040 times)

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Remains of Rudolf Hess exhumed and cremated.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »
Apparently, they hope this will stop neo-Nazis from gathering at the cemetary where he was buried after he died in 1987.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
I am afraid nothing  will stop them, Tim.  Most of the neo-Nazis  now, would not even know who Hess was. And, he really had very little to do with the war itself. Just NS doctrain.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
That's true.  By the time of the worst war atrocities, Hess was already in Allied hands.  Maybe they should have just left him where he was, he'd been there 24 years now.

Offline Carisbrooke

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 02:41:58 AM »
   If this policy is the new way forward, I nominate Lenin as the next candidate.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:37:07 AM »
You cannot erase history.   The fate of Lenin's body is up to the Russian people, and they seem to  like  him where he is at for now.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:35:36 AM »
I don't know in the Us by you, but here in Italy we have a sort of allergy to neo nazis. Fascism was one of the worst pages in our history, and we doný't like to remember it. I'm not saying there's none who as fascist ideas. Just 2 examples: our Prime Minister Berlusconi once stated out that "Mussolini has never killed anyone". Of course: he was too smart to do it with his own hands. But anyway...
Second, Mussolini's granddaughter is a politician, and she defend her grandpa's political ideas. But anyway, mood prevaling in the 40s was anti fascism, so Mussolini was hanged and i really don't know what became of his body - none has never told about it, as far as i know.
This is to say that i have problems understand people who goes in "pilgrimage" to a nazi's tomb.
As you stated out before, and you're right, Hess was captured before the worst moments of the war; but i really shiver thinking that a person like him (even if he hadn't nothing to do with the war, e remained a nazi, whose ideas i find atrociuos) could have been buried as a Christian. I'm sorry if i sound really puritan, but half of my family has been detroyed by fascism, and in my mind nazism is even worse, so i really can't bear it.
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:46 AM »
Well, according to Wikipedea, he is buried in the family tomb at Predappio, Romagna. I do not know much about Mussolini,  but I liked his ideas about architecture. His fantasy of a Roman Empire was way beyond  his means however.
 As I said about  Hess, I doubt many neo's know much about these people.  These things come and go, ashes to ashes, as the saying goes.

Offline Petr

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
 The fate of Lenin's body is up to the Russian people, and they seem to  like  him where he is at for now.

That's the tragedy. :(

Petr
Rumpo non plecto

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
What is so tragic ?  When they tire of him, he will be moved. He is not the icon he once was, but he a very valid part of Russian history.  Same as Ivan the Terrible or any of the Romanovs.
 Remember,  Lenin did not want this, Stalin did it for his own aggrandisement. IMO. best to leave him, at least for now, so people do not forget.

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
As I said about  Hess, I doubt many neo's know much about these people.  These things come and go, ashes to ashes, as the saying goes.

You're so right. Nowadays in Italy there's a stream of thought that gives no importance to what happened during the war... and tries to say that all the horrors of nazi - fascism have never occured or something.
Please visit my site

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »
I think the question many are asking is "Why now?"  Hess has been dead for nearly a quarter of a century, after all.

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
I think the question many are asking is "Why now?"  Hess has been dead for nearly a quarter of a century, after all.

I was wondering the same thing.
Please visit my site

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »
Good question. I will join in the asking .

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »
Edda Goering, daughter of Hermann, has died. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/hitlers-goddaughter-edda-goering-dead-at-80-buried-secretly-in-unmarked-grave-in-germany/ar-BBUGIlW

Her grave in unmarked, no doubt to make sure it doesn't become a neo-Nazi shrine, like Hess's did.