Author Topic: Prince Pavle of Yugoslavia, his family and descendants, Part II  (Read 85302 times)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Prince Pavle of Yugoslavia, his family and descendants, Part II
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »
Charming picture of the two brothers. I wonder what was Alexander feeling seeing his brothers coffin with his parents lowering.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
Here is a video about Catherine Oxenberg and her husband buying her a Tacori tiara,starting at 0:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppAnmE0p3I&list=LPg0uTy-oUfIo&index=6&feature=plcp

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
She has a look of a Princess from her Danish side.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2012, 05:32:54 AM »
She has a look of a Princess from her Danish side.

I would also say that she has that kind of face bone structure...

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »
Indeed. She had Olga's cheek bones. Very different from her mother's dark looks.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »
Very different from her mother's dark looks.

Her father always said that she was the spitting image of her grandmother Aurora...

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2012, 08:37:56 AM »
That makes sense. I thought she was the splitting image of him.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2012, 05:47:26 AM »
He thought both,in terms of looks and especially in terms of the same "flying free spirit" and if one knows just a little bit of story about Princess Aurora's life one would notice the similarities  ;)

Princess Elizabeth often says that in her in her interviews...

I always wondered has Prince Paul ever met his half-sister Countess Helene Aurora di Noghera and has there ever been any contact between two sides of the family...

Princess Aurora was a very scandalous lady at that time...there was a talk of her giving twins during her marriage to Prince Arsen,but he denied the paternity and didn't want to accept them.Don't know what happened afterwards with them.

And again,Prince Paul lived with her in Sankt Peterburg just one year after his birth...But,as she wanted to be free of any kind of obligation towards the child she had,she gave him to his uncle then Prince Peter(later King) to raise him as his father Arsen was too busy womanizing and gambling in Paris,but he has seen his father much often then his mother whom he has seen just two times after that...

He recollects from his memory that at one point he was taken to some ship which stopped so that an unknown woman could hug him for a moment.He later found out that it was his mother.

Princess Aurora had many relationships and married already pregnant(with Helene) to her second husband Count Nicola Giovanni Maria di Noghera...Unfortunately,she died very young at the age of 30...

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:03:38 AM by Marc »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
I think Olga never bargained for a daughter that is so like her dead mother-in-law.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
I think Olga never bargained for a daughter that is so like her dead mother-in-law.

Nor Grand Duchess Helen...One of the main reasons why she didn't like her son in law was his mothers ancestry,as she didn't belong to a sovereign family and that her family was a subject in the Empire of HER family!She thought that kind of ancestry was beneath her daughters standard,but the only thing she did like about Prince Paul was that,at least,he was rich and had a lot of money!

Unlike Prince Nicholas who was very fond of Paul and often discussed many subjects with him,mainly art!

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
You are totally correct. Paul was rich and comfortable with a portfolio of art, real estate and cash. Had he stayed out of politics, his life would have been much less chaotic. Indeed he was a man pf refined taste and love art & beauty, very much the same sentiment with Prince Nicholas of Greece.

Offline KarlandZita

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Mama Regina Elena
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
Olga and Paul with Duke and Duchess of Kent during a visit to London :

Reginei Mama Elena a Romaniei

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
The two couples were very close to each other in taste.

Offline perdita

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »
I think it's time to start a new part, the previous thread with 34 pages already...

Olga here in a simple black dress combined with a classic pearl necklace, probably sitting in one of the salons of her palace in Belgrade :

Uncanny expression of Princess Olga captured in the late 30s by LIFE Magazine's premier photojournalist Alfred Eisenstaedt. A moment of prescience with respect to the misfortunes that await her family during the war & in it's aftermath.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:22:52 PM by perdita »

Offline perdita

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
They do look very chummy together although Olga always looks a bit more distant than her husband.  

Call it expedient diplomacy. Roosevelt & Churchill looked VERY chummy with "Uncle Joe" (Stalin)--the greatest mass killer in history.

The difference between Prince Paul vs. defenders of freedom & democray Roosevelt and Churchill is that Prince Paul didn't take Poland from Hitler at the cost of a world war & 62 million dead only to GIVE Poland (& half of Europe) 6 years later to the same International outlaw Soviet dictator who with his cohort Hitler started the war in the first place by invading Poland.

America's Roosevelt & Truman were the chief instigaters behind the unprecedented Yalta betrayal. Team Player Churchill opposed but capitulated.

Upshot. The British Empire destroyed. The Soviet Empire created.

True to form history dictates the vanquished Prince Paul the traitor & the victorious "leaders of the free world" Roosevelt and Chruchill World War Two's heroes.

Cute.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:20:44 AM by perdita »