Author Topic: Fiats in Russia  (Read 3582 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Fiats in Russia
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »
I know the bodies of the IF were transported in a Fiat truck after their murder and I know Fiat (of Italy) made alot of vehicals during WW I. However, in the Osprey book Armored Units of the Russian Civil War: Red Army mentions Fiat-Izhorski armored cars made at the Izhorsk works in Petrograd. it goes on to mention the American Fiat company and the Armstron-Whitworth-Fiat. It looks like the Fiat truck the IF took their final ride in could have been may not have been made by Fiat of Italy. does anyone have any information on pre-1917 motor vehical production in Russia?

Alixz

Re: Fiats in Russia
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »
I think this needs to be moved to Imperial Transportation.

It is probably not what the thread was originally about, but in the end it is transportation even if it was after the murder.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Fiats in Russia
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
After amking a posting on the Great War forums The Eastern Front Section i recieved some replys: It is most likely a Fiat 15 ter truck which was produced under lisence by AMO in Russia starting in 1916. there are pictures of it on both my reply and the Landships.com site. I hope this is of some use. i also need someone to post these pictures on this site for reference because it 's beyond my ability with a computer.