Author Topic: memoires of Vyrubova in italian and other books in 2012  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Sue Ellen

• View Profile
memoires of Vyrubova in italian and other books in 2012
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »
I'm looking for the memoires of Anna Vyroubova,her book was published in italian with this title: "Dalla corte dei Romanof alle carceri bolsceviche:memorie d'una donna di corte". Does anyone know where I can find it?
Also does anyone know if this year is coming out any other book in Italian about the Romanov? Thanks in advance

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
Re: memoires of Vyrubova in italian and other books in 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »
I'm looking for the memoires of Anna Vyroubova,her book was published in italian with this title: "Dalla corte dei Romanof alle carceri bolsceviche:memorie d'una donna di corte". Does anyone know where I can find it?
Also does anyone know if this year is coming out any other book in Italian about the Romanov? Thanks in advance

I've given up waiting for R books in italian to be translated. They so rarely do it & when do, do bad (see the italian version of "A lifelong Passion" - "La passione di una vita" which is ca 200 pages vs 900 of the english original & bad translated!) and i even didn't know that Vyrubova's memories were translated!
Do you know when they were translated? If it's oemthing recently, you could find in every online library; If it was translated time ago, well, you should have a look to find used copies on Amazon or Ebay. I'll hacve a look too - it could be interesting to have it my mothertongue to make comparisons.
If you want, you can PM me.
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline Sue Ellen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
the book was published in 1930 in italy,by Cristofari pubblisher.

Offline Petr

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
Pictures from AV's album, part 7

http://ilovephoto.info/item/​view/22331

Rumpo non plecto

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »
the book was published in 1930 in italy,by Cristofari pubblisher.

I did a little research and yes... found it as a very rare & old book. I checked some libraries but found nothing on the online catalogues. Do you just want to read it (that means you can borrow from a library) or want to buy it? If you content of borrow it, you can google it and see if some library in Italy has it; if it is so, you can ask a interlibrary loan (prestito interbibliotecario), every library does it. But you must first find the exact library which has it and find out whether it is borrowable: if it's very old & fragile they could refuse borrow it not to damage it. I suggest you to have a look online because most times libraries don't do the work for you - i mean, you must find out which library exactly has the book, don't think your town library will do the search. They should do but generally don't!!
Please visit my site

Offline Talya

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »
Often time, when I search Google Books I find Romanov books in different languages, scanned in that language. Have you tried there?
Why I enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show at 2am, I'll never know.
Why yes, I do enjoy comical stylings of Anastasia :]

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »
Often time, when I search Google Books I find Romanov books in different languages, scanned in that language. Have you tried there?

Oh gosh. I did some search but never find those book i'm interested in in full scan LOL
Please visit my site

Offline Kitt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
I have found many Romanov books for free on my Nook.  Any Ereader should be able to get them also.  Almost all the old books written in the 1030's are there.  I've more than paid for my Color Nook by downloading copies of these books. You can also google then to your computer, and read then on and off line.
All the best,
Kitt

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:42 AM »
I have found many Romanov books for free on my Nook.  Any Ereader should be able to get them also.  Almost all the old books written in the 1030's are there.  I've more than paid for my Color Nook by downloading copies of these books. You can also google then to your computer, and read then on and off line.
All the best,
Kitt

Wow really? How it works exactly? I've a kindle pdf reader, BTW
Please visit my site

Offline Kitt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »

Before I got my Nook, I used to download digital books to my computer.  A Google search will find many free books online.   Amazon should also have an assortment of books of that period for free. In fact I recently found Anthony Sutton’s book on Wall Street and the revolution for the Kindle,  and that lead me to check if B&N had it for the Nook. That book ran for 23$. Free for the e-reader.  Do a Google search: free kindle books.  That will yield a lot of possibilities.  I got almost all my free Russian history books at B&N on my Nook.  This includes many early memoires from the exiles. Sometimes it takes some digging and finagling to get the format for your e-reader or computer.   Happy hunting!
All the best, Kitt

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »

Before I got my Nook, I used to download digital books to my computer.  A Google search will find many free books online.   Amazon should also have an assortment of books of that period for free. In fact I recently found Anthony Sutton’s book on Wall Street and the revolution for the Kindle,  and that lead me to check if B&N had it for the Nook. That book ran for 23$. Free for the e-reader.  Do a Google search: free kindle books.  That will yield a lot of possibilities.  I got almost all my free Russian history books at B&N on my Nook.  This includes many early memoires from the exiles. Sometimes it takes some digging and finagling to get the format for your e-reader or computer.   Happy hunting!
All the best, Kitt

Thanks, Kitt!!
Please visit my site