Author Topic: Donating Books on Russian History  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Mary Breheny

• View Profile
Donating Books on Russian History
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
I have a friend who is writing her will, although she certainly hopes to be around many more years.  She wants to donate her extensive collection of books on Russian history and primarily on the reign of Nicholas II. But there are many books on earlier Russian history as well as books on Soviet history.  None of the colleges in her home town seem interested????  Surely, there is a college or university out there who would be interested in her collection.  Again, let me let me say that she only wants to include this info in her will -- she is not ready to donate these books yet.  Please help.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Re: Donating Books on Russian History
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
I can only say that my library is going to the SF Public Library. I am sure they will keep what they need and benefit from the sale of the rest.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Petr

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:26:58 AM »
There are three wonderful Russian collections of which I am familiar.

The Bakhmeteff Collection at Columbia University
The slavic collection at the New York Public Library
The Hoover Institute at Stanford University

Depending on the nature of your friend's library they could very well be interested in receiving it.

Petr   
Rumpo non plecto

Offline Mary Breheny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »
I can only say that my library is going to the SF Public Library. I am sure they will keep what they need and benefit from the sale of the rest.

Thanks Robert.  My friend has made arrangements with her public library.  Of course, she promises to let me have many of her books if I don't already own them.  Now I will have to decide what to do with my own Russian library.