Author Topic: church services in captivity  (Read 3229 times)

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
church services in captivity
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
The Russian sources have published a very interesting document, the Diary of priest Afanassy Beliaev, from the Feodorovsky sobor. He celebrated all the liturgies and services for the Imperial Family in mars-july 1917, confess them and wrote about these services in Alexander Palace and about the family. Was this document, published in “Istorichesky archive” translated in English? If it was not, I would suggest someone to do this work. People devoted to Nicolas II and his family must read this wonderful document! It might find a place in Alexander Palace website! I read also the testimony of one the priest who celebrated in Ipatiev House.
And that my question: does anyone know if the other priest and the deacon who celebrated in Ekaterinburg had to testimony too? Had the nuns of Ioanninsky monastyr in Tobolsk and the priest who celebrated in the Governor s house written something?

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: church services in captivity
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 11:40:05 AM »
You can read about that in the new online version of Volkov's Memories, we just put online. It talks about their church services in Tobolsk.

http://www.alexanderpalace.org/volkov/volkov

Offline ptitchka

• Oblazhayu Tsesaryevicha Aleksiya!
    • View Profile
Re: church services in captivity
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 09:56:13 AM »
Dear Matushka --

I am happy to report that two issues of 'Orthodox Life' (Jordanville, NY) recently contained translations of these wonderful excerpts from the diary of Fr. Afanassy Beliaev.   It was good to read them.  

Thank you for pointing the original sources out!