Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Part IV  (Read 72283 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Queen Elizabeth II Part IV
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 01:24:36 AM »
Worrying to hear that HM did not attend the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abeey today.  How unusual for HM to miss something so close to her heart.  Let us hope she is better soon!

Not so worrying,she's well into her 80'ties,and a bug can play up big time especially for the elderly.
Quite understandeble she preferes to be near the loo instead of a minister.
She's strong as an ox,she'll get over it. Old Queen Bess....:)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:26:14 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline IvanVII

• View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Part IV
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 03:01:53 AM »
The last time she missed that particular church service was 1993, she had the flu then too.

Offline darius

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
It is often difficult to grasp that she is soon to be 87 years old!

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
Prince Andrew is stepping in and doing her engagements tomorrow.

I do hope she gets well soon, it is such a shame he had to miss the Commonwelth service yesterday, that's the second time she's missed that I believe?

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 02:51:19 AM »
Prince Andrew is stepping in and doing her engagements tomorrow.

I do hope she gets well soon, it is such a shame he had to miss the Commonwelth service yesterday, that's the second time she's missed that I believe?

The 2nd time in 86 years..?...She should take more care,bugs bite everyone,especially at her age...
it needs more time..
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
Apparently so...She's quite the trooper, our Queen, and the Duke too! Cannot remember what the reason was for the first cancellation though...

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
It is often difficult to grasp that she is soon to be 87 years old!

And is the second longest serving British Monarch.  A few more years and she'll beat Victoria's record.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
I reckon she'll beat Victoria's record! And plus, I think she looks pretty good for her age also.

I watched an interesting documentry on the Queen tonight on TV. It gave an interesting insight about the 'behind the scenes' stuff that goes on within the palace, and some stuff about the Jubilee too.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »
The Queen has about 2 1/2 years to go to out-reign Victoria! who knows, if she keeps on going like this she could out-reign Franz Josef (10 days short of 68 years, and the longest reigning monarch to succeed as an adult - Louis XIV (72 years) was five at his accession).

Ann

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 10:10:54 AM »
The Queen has about 2 1/2 years to go to out-reign Victoria! who knows, if she keeps on going like this she could out-reign Franz Josef (10 days short of 68 years, and the longest reigning monarch to succeed as an adult - Louis XIV (72 years) was five at his accession).

Ann

As I'm sure has been discussed earlier you almost have to believe that these are records unlikely to ever be broken...unless of course Elizabeth herself can topple Louis XIV's nearly three century old mark. Fewer monarchies in this day and age mean less opportunities but it's also far less likely that a reigning king or queen would die young enough for their young child to succeed. And of course to be able to reach a 72-year reign you pretty much need to be quite young when you begin as ruler.

Using the current British line of succession as an example, were Elizabeth to pass away tomorrow 64-year old Charles would reign. Of course he's not going to spend 72-years as King, so then he would have to die quickly passing it on to William who is almost 31. Very little chance William will live to a minimum of a 103 so it would have to fall to the new baby on the way. I'd hope that William would be able to live a nice long life making it impossible for his eldest child to set any records of their own...
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
The Queen has had the opportunity to reign as long as this because her father died prematurely - at 56. Victoria was the child of a fairly elderly father and then succeeded her elderly uncle.

Franz Josef succeeded when his uncle abdicated and his father renounced the succession. Had this not happened, his reign would have begun when his father died in 1878 and Franz Josef was 48.

Ann

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »
"The royal matriarch received an honorary BAFTA in recognition of her support of British film and television on Thursday. But BAFTA chairman John Willis also jokingly pointed out that the award was being given to the queen for being the "most memorable Bond girl yet".

"According to the BBC, Kenneth Branagh, who presented the award, also noted that memorable moment, and told the queen, "Several of my colleagues here tonight want you to know that should you wish to take it further into the world of British films that they have a number of scripts with them here this evening. I have to warn you, Your Majesty, not all of these films are fully financed.""

Must be interesting for her to be on the receiving end of a bestowed honor for once. :)

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
HM Queen Elizabeth II Part IV
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »
HM Queen Elizabeth will attend the funeral of Baroness Thatcher on april 17th at St.Pauls Cathedral London.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
HM Queen Elizabeth II Part IV
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 12:40:10 AM »

Happy Birthday to HM!
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
The Queen's birthday isn't until April 21st...