Author Topic: Epic Rap Battles of History - Rasputin vs. Stalin  (Read 6316 times)

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Epic Rap Battles of History - Rasputin vs. Stalin
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
I was hesitant to post this when I first stumbled upon it a few months ago but I figured, what the heck. Thought certain people on here might get a kick out of it.

"Epic Rap Battles of History" creates video shorts where two (or more) historical characters challenge one another in a lyrical duel. In this particular episode, which I found both hilarious and quite clever, Grigory Rasputin squares off against Joseph Stalin. Watch for cameos from Lenin, Gorbachev, and Putin. Not for everyone certainly. Some of the other videos are a bit offensive and if you hate rap music you're probably going to be annoyed by this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT2z0nrsQ8o
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Rap Battles of History - Rasputin vs. Stalin
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:56:28 AM »
I saw that I thought it was so funny.   It had Lenin but no Nicholas.   Strange.  I also like their Joan of Arc vs Miley Cyrus.  Joan clearly won.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »
I saw that I thought it was so funny.   It had Lenin but no Nicholas.   Strange.  I also like their Joan of Arc vs Miley Cyrus.  Joan clearly won.

I think Rasputin was supposed to be the representative of imperial Russia. Plus I can't see Nicholas rapping, lol, but that's just me.

Overall these are very well done. Sometimes excessively profane. The Ghandi-Martin Luther King Jr, and Einstein-Stephen Hawking are to of my persona favs!
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 01:10:04 AM »
I think you could be right about Nicholas not rapping ;)

It made me roll my eyes when people go "I don't under stand why you made such a pairing, nothing in common"  that is mainly in the Joan Vs Miley.   It's obvious,  Joan achieved so much from the age of 12 to when she was burned at the stake, for her deeds in battle.   While Miley has achieved a lot from 12,  she made herself look like a fool by twerking.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.