Author Topic: Upcoming Books 2014  (Read 21391 times)

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Books 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 03:53:13 AM »
Would like to hear more about this documentary!

Offline Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
The documentary was in two parts and I think those on this Forum would safely be able to recite 99% of the first programme easily.  No disrespect intended in any way to any of the authors who took part.  There were film snippets included, I think I've seen most of those in National Geographic documentaries (but I scanned them intently nonetheless).  The first episode contained background info on romance between NII and AF, marriage, ruling, the lead up to the Revolution etc.  The second part, the girls nursing soldiers, post Revolution, time in captivity etc, I found much more interesting.  The girls budding romances, Marie's friendship with one of her guards which led to her being shunned by Alexandra etc. 

Hope you guys in America get to see it soon.  I enjoyed the second episode much more than the first but that's just personal opinion. 

Offline Marie Valerie

• Graf
  • Erzherzogin von Österreich (1868-1924)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
Hi,

Beautiful picture of The Grand Duchess on the cover!

Young & lovely, regal & imperial - and bejeweled - this should attract attention from bookbuyers...
I wish Galina and Tatiana much success with this latest book.

Larry

Offline Maria Sisi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
It certainly is a beautiful picture of Maria indeed! What costume ball is that from? I know very little of period costume but it kind of looks like she's dressed from the Valois Dynasty but I'm probably completely off.

It's fantastic that Maria Pavlovna is getting an English bio! After "Maria Feodorovna's Favorite Residences" and "Russia and Europe" Miss Korneva and Miss Cheboksarova are certainly earning my devotion and I can't wait to see what they do next..... Queen Olga please!!!

Offline Bryndis

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »
Has anyone read The Prussian Princesses? Any good?