Author Topic: Who was Stefan [Filipovich] Bezuglov?  (Read 24186 times)

Offline Bezuglov

• View Profile
Re: Who was Stefan [Filipovich] Bezuglov?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:36 PM »
Thank you very much. It seems there must be incorrect names and incorrect photos for 'Bezuglov' as I do not know any Zozoulin. It is bizzare. Once again I appreciate all the insight provided and will go back to the drawing board.

SB :-\

Offline Bezuglov

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »
a staff captain [pod'yesaul] of the 1st Kuban Cossack Foot battalion in full dress uniform, prior to 1912.

Right, and from my understanding they were also the 1st Kuban sotnias Leib Guards of His Imperial Majesty's personal convoy (a special unit of the Russian Imperial Guard acting for personal protection of the monarch).

Offline Bezuglov

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:19 AM »
a staff captain [pod'yesaul] of the 1st Kuban Cossack Foot battalion in full dress uniform, prior to 1912.

Mike,
I can't understand why my grandfather's name is not appearing.  Was there any Bezuglov in the Imperial army or personal convoy to his majesty?  I know he had brothers.  Is there any listing for any Bezuglov whatsoever? In any regiment pertaining to Tsar Nicholas II and Alexei?
Is it possible family were so scared by communism they hid names,  religion and history.
I'm absolutely baffled with this Zazoulin information. I'm wondering if I have incorrect photos. 
Just want to see if any record for Bezuglov anywhere.
SB
SB

Offline Mike

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Erast Fandorin Museum
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:57 AM »
No commissioned officer named Bezuglov appears on the unit rosters of either Kuban Host or HM Convoy for the 1900s - 1910s. As to the other parts of the Russian Army, it's too big an effort to check them all. The web search for Степан Безуглов yields no relevant information, although this surname is not rare among Don and Kuban Cossacks.

Offline Превед

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Мой Великий Север
    • View Profile
    • Type Russian Without a Keyboard
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
If indeed this is a case of a new, assumed identity it is perhaps not without significance that Bezuglov means "homeless"?
Берёзы севера мне милы,
Их грустный, опущённый вид,
Как речь безмолвная могилы,
Горячку сердца холодит.

(Афанасий Фет: Ивы и берёзы, 1843 / 1856)

Offline Bezuglov

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
No commissioned officer named Bezuglov appears on the unit rosters of either Kuban Host or HM Convoy for the 1900s - 1910s. As to the other parts of the Russian Army, it's too big an effort to check them all. The web search for Степан Безуглов yields no relevant information, although this surname is not rare among Don and Kuban Cossacks.

If there was no listing for  Степан Безуглов on any unit rosters of either Kuban Host or HM Convoy then how come the surname is not rare amongst Don and Kuban Cossacks? And ifso, where can I get information on those Bezuglovs?