Author Topic: The Non-Hetero Royals  (Read 113140 times)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: The Non-Hetero Royals
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2007, 02:08:57 AM »
Well...I guess that was his taste.  ???

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2007, 04:17:22 AM »
I guess, that he did not want a scandal.
and such liaisons were very simple. :)

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »
Eric, I do not think the typical Russian banya is what you might think. A lot more innocent than the gay bath-houses and saunas of the West! Probably more similiat to the Japanese public baths.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline miller99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
I guess, that he did not want a scandal.
and such liaisons were very simple. :)

yee! that`s true

and his very long homosexual life only one time one officer blackmailing him.   

Offline miller99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »
GD Konstantin Konstantinovich:
December 22, 1905.
 I am very confused by a letter from the Captain Sosnitski.. he mention that one day in the summer of 1903 under the evening, I went to his duties in the camp DePaul School and from there went to Krasnoselskie baths. "What happened, you surely remember," says Sosnitsky. On another day, with the saturation of duty, he went to the baths, and heard from banschik that I was with him and that I had for it gave him 20 rubles. Sosnitsky continues that he keeps this fact secret, but if it had been published in the press, it is unlikely that it would be convenient to me to remain in my post occupied.  Sosnitski was in this case wrong : I remember well that evening - it was really a nice meal, but I not given 20 rubles to banschik and not for what it was. But the reference is wrong only on the above case.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2007, 04:41:10 AM »
Well...Gay life in the Dark Ages... :(

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »
"The reason she had a "Frosty" marriage to Sergeg was b/c serge was overtly homosexual. "

This is not true, Sergei was not homosexual.

This is a fantasy.

I am historian.

I agree with you that there is no way on earth that Mikhail Alexandrovich (te Tsar's brother) could be gay.
Dmitri Pavlovich was not gay, but it's very likely that he had bisexual tendencies. His friendship with Felix was not all that platonian after all.
But you still have to convince me that Sergei was not gay. I know there is no hard evidence for his homosexuality, but there's even less for his heterosexuality. I don't go by the rumors surrounding him. He was said to have been a lot of things most of it untrue. But the circumstancial evidence about his homosexuality is almost overwhelming. For you, a historian, hard facts are necessary to prove Sergei's sexual tendencies one way or the other. But any psychologist, would know almost instinctively, based on Sergei's personality, behavior, exsessive religiosity and the undeniable fact that he never slept with his gorgeous wife (regardless of how he would justify it to himself or others), that Sergei was definitely a homosexual. I don't say that he acted upon it and slept with other men, although that probably took place once in a while. But even if he never slept with other men and perhaps even if himself didn't know whether he was a homosexual or not, that doesn't mean that clinically he would not be diagnosed as one. The same way that not being married doesn't mean you are gay, being married and never having had any sex with others of your own gender doesn't mean that you are not.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
  • "Это было прямо феерично!.."
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2007, 03:07:34 PM »
Grand Duke Dmitry Pavlovich was not a gay.

WHY? he was Felix's lover as we all know. :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:09:35 PM by Taksa »
"Тоска ужасная, так долго ехать, so happy to see you soon, my darling love. Felix" - 17.10.1915

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »
Maybe this should be for Ella and Sergei thread instead?

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
WHY? he was Felix's lover as we all know.

They also could have been just friends, too.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »
Grand Duke Dmitry Pavlovich was not a gay.

WHY? he was Felix's lover as we all know. :(

How can we ALL KNOW exactly? We never knew those men personally, or do you prefer to believe in all rumours? There is no a truthful source on this subject.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
Whatever Dimitri got up to as a SINGLE MAN was his business....whatever Felix got up to as a MARRIED MAN was between him and his wife to sort out.....Whatever TWO CONSENTING ADULTS get up to in private is their business...and as long as they do not scare the children & horses !!!!!!!!!!!!!its not for us to comment !!!!

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »
True.. It seems history loves to sort these things out though..  ;) I agree, we have no evidence one way or the other about the two. I think we all know what Felix was like, and as for Dmitri, he is a bit less known. I may have said this before, but I don't have any opinion on the subject ( of Felix, and Dmitri), but it is true we well never know, and it is all conjecture. I think though, that if it weren't for the fact that Felix and Dmitri's names were linked through Rasputin's murder, people would not care as much.

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
  • "Это было прямо феерично!.."
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
why did all of you attack me? I havent read much yet and in all sourses that I read they were represented as lovers and I have only one book which tells that they both werent gays absolutely. Ive read about it recently and even changed my mind. now I think that it is rather fishily that they were gays.
I learn more and more each day so Im sorry for all mistakes Ive already made and will make.
 :)
"Тоска ужасная, так долго ехать, so happy to see you soon, my darling love. Felix" - 17.10.1915

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2007, 12:01:51 AM »
why did all of you attack me? I havent read much yet and in all sourses that I read they were represented as lovers and I have only one book which tells that they both werent gays absolutely. Ive read about it recently and even changed my mind. now I think that it is rather fishily that they were gays.
I learn more and more each day so Im sorry for all mistakes Ive already made and will make.
 :)

Sorry you feel attacked. I would encourage you to do a lot more reading, and would like to know the title of the book that says that Dmitri and Felix "were not gays absolutely".

The thing is, it gets confusing when we apply a contemporary term such as "gay" to two gentlemen who lived a century ago. In the case of Felix, we know for certain that he was a transvestite from his memoirs and he appeared effeminate in the way some gay men of today do. But, he married the tsar's niece, fathered a daughter, and was reported to be a devoted husband. This would not describe a gay man of today. It is possible he had lovers, but I know of no claims by women for that designation. I think it's likely he was homosexual, but only in a nineteenth century sense.

Dmitri on the other hand had many lovers, all reported to be female apart from the rumors of his being Felix's lover. I think it's most likely that since he was a young and good looking grand duke, that Felix was attracted to him. Whether or not that attraction actually went somewhere is known only to them, but I have found zero evidence of the Grand Duke being gay in any century's sense.