Author Topic: Last photos/film: allegedly taken by Yurovsky in the Ipatiev cellar?  (Read 92950 times)

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Re: Last photos/film: allegedly taken by Yurovsky in the Ipatiev cellar?
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
It is not at all beyond the realm of logical possibility that photographs were actually taken. At least before the executions.  This has been explored many times, especially in the context that the family themselves were addicts of the hobby and had most of what they needed to do it. As for Yurovsky- personally, I feel he must have- again, at least before the executions to confirm he had custody of them. After- to confirm they were dead ?
If all I have said is true, then what would have happened to the pictures & plates ?  They would have been the most secret state evidence the Soviet government had.  Burried deep in some obscure Kremlin controlled archives. That is, if such things survived  the transfer.  The tip of that iceberg of archive is being explored, eventually, with time and $$$$ something will be found.  The workers there now do not even have a catalogue of what they possess, and those photos would be a most fabulous find, bringing in millions for much needed work.
Much older things have been found, I would not be surprised if eventually, more is yet to be discovered. And as long as Greg & Penny and other researchers are able to keep probing and discovering I am sure they will be.
Cheers,
Robert
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline La_Mashka

• Boyar
  • Kukla
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2005, 02:51:22 PM »
Very well put Robert!

Those are also my thoughts on the subject.

I do believe many more things are in the archives, but who knows if they will ever be found, or made public.

I agree with you Katharine, I would be curious, but at the same, I dont know, its just too morbid...
Tishie mushi kot na krushie

Offline rosebud

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2005, 02:28:33 PM »
Doesnt it seem to be a habit among killers at chaotic times to immortalize their sins? When it could be used against them as well as to prove to those in charge that they have done what asked? Or some sick personal motiv to have something to boast afterwards, back in the normal routine as someone not so important? Think about Nazis and concentration camps (most secret, still pictures), Bosnian war executions (the film which was shown in the court recently) or Americans in Iraq (torturing prisoners and smiling to the camera)?

But did they have time for photos after Romanov massacre? What I have read refers to an uttermost haste, the killing lasted more than thought and the day was dawning... The room in the cellar was full of smoke after gun shots.  And it was rather dark while getting rid of the bodies in the forest.
But of course it could have happened, moreover cause Yurovsky was such a photographer. Those pictures could solve so many of those, what it seems to be, forever unsolved, mysteries.

I once saw an old book, from the 20a or 30s, about Romanovs murders. It included photographes of dead Elisaveta and all those Constantinovitshs boys. Most likely taken by the white army. (the book was quite expensive and I was a little girl so I didnt buy it. Regretting. Dont even remember who had written it)
I think I woud be curious to see the photographes of dead IF, if those existed. Might be a huge shock, but my curiousness would be bigger than rational thinking alouds.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »
At first I thought this was about pictures of them before the execution. If there were pictures taken before, I think most people here would wish to see them. They might exist perhaps, buried in the archives, it isn't impossible anyway. As for photos after their death, I don't think any where taken as they didn't have the time, and it might have been hard to, with the smoke and blood. If they had been, I think they would be valuable as historical evidence, very valuable. But unless it was for that reason, there is not much purpose in seeing them to me anyway.

Offline Arun Dube

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
I certainly would not want to see the photographs of the slain imperial family. It would be extremely ghoulish to want to see the photographs as there is nothing to be gained by that. I would most certainly like to see photographs of them when they were alive, even when they were in captivity, because all  the members of the imperial family had a certain grace about them which is lacking in most modern-day politicians.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »
Yes, I would not wish to see them, I agree. On another note, I wonder if it is true that they took ID photos sometime during their imprisonment of the Romanovs, although  that one of Anna Vyrubova could just be said to be a mistaken for an ID photo, which it probably wasn't.

Offline AnastasiaMischief

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2006, 06:36:45 PM »
I'm a very curious person, it's my nature. What some people don't want to know or see, I want to, not because I enjoy it, it's because I want to know more, even if it "shocks" me later. All my live I've seen terrible pictures of death, wars, crimes to then later, feel very very sad & make me think about in what kind of world we are living.

I think I'll probably see the pictures and later feel terribly awfull (even for days, It has happened to me: couldn't sleep, etc) †and even regret on seen them.

Me too. It's so sad

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:17 PM »
I have to agree with everyone. Out of curiosity, no I wouldn't want to see those pictures. I too like to remember them for their lives, not their deaths. Yes, their tragic end is one of the things that draws me to them, but I'm more attracted to their lives as they intrigue me. However, yes, if I were a forensic scientist, I suppose I would want to see those pictures from a scientific view. Fortunately, I'm not one and, as far as we know, no pictures of them were taken after the murders.

Offline GD_vassily

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2006, 01:45:04 PM »
i think, should such photographs exist, they would be an important piece of historical evidence, proving the murder (assasination) of their Imperial Highnesses and the most loyal of their retinue, beyond all doubt. i personally would not like to see such photographs for personal reasons, and would not wish for them to be released to the public, as i believe it is utter disrespect and a sacreligious act to do so. their Imperial Majesties went through enough humiliation at the hands of the public, during their imprisonment, they need not be further humiliated in death.

Offline Carol

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2006, 11:28:38 PM »
It's really disgusting for someone to want to see those pictures, if they exist. Just thinkin' of that makes my stomach take turns like on a roller coster!! I'd be so shocked and sad by seeing those pics, if they do exist, that I think I'd need a psycologist.
As lots of people here, I agree with 'em, I prefer to remember them alive, happy and beautiful.
The skulls were already a little too sad for me   :-?

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2006, 03:33:50 AM »
Probably, if it would provide closure, but I'd probably be sorry I did, too.  I have seen photographs of the remains of John F. Kennedy, senior and junior, and read accounts of the unattractive aspects of JFK's personality, and for some reason it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of pictures of them while living.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2006, 08:18:24 AM »
Can someone post the photo of Anna D??  I've never seen that one either.
..A

Here's Demidova's ID card, from LPT:

I don't think this photo served quite the same purpose as the Romanovs' ID photos. Demidova's was a pass allowing her to enter and leave the house. I've never heard of the IF being made to carry ID passes during captivity -- probably because they weren't allowed to enter and leave of their own free will, as the servants were.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Richard_Cullen

• Graf
  • Sad memory brings the light. Thomas Moore 1815
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »
Although some people think it would be disgusting to publish such pictures if they had been taken it would have been forensically fascinating and would have told us much about what actually happened.

Unfortunately as in the cae of Rasputin's murder without foreniscation of the scene we cannot be sure what happened.  The pictures may well have been horrific but they would have told the truth, or some of it.

We know that Kossorotov found the injuries to Rasputin's head to horrible to view and so they would be to the majority of people who use this site.  But to those of us who are interested in forensics the value would be beyond estimate.

Richard
I feel like one
Who treads alone
Some banquet-hall deserted,
Whose lights are fled,
Whose garlands dead,
And all, but he, departed!
Refrain:
Thus, in the stilly night,
Ere slumberís chain hath bound me,
Sad memíry brings the light
Of other days around me.

Thomas Moore 1815

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2006, 04:03:20 PM »
It would not bother me too much. I have been around bodies in various conditions of death for years. I agree, however, that such pictures should [IF they even were to exist] be used  only for forensic and historical research. I ultimately believe in respect for the dead.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
Other than the address of the pictures being needed for forensic evidence, etc. I see no reason to release pictures as such to the public. Respect for for the dead still is the lead for most civilized societies. The "truth" can be substantiated by boards or commissions set up to address just that need, and the public may gain the outcome in written form from these commissions. How many nations do you know that offer the public at will, any and all pictures of such diabolical acts. I think it serves no purpose whatso ever. Would you want your body, or your loved ones picture taken in such horrid circumstances, and flooded on the public?
Is this how you would want yourself, or your loved one remembered ?

Tatiana+
TatianaA