Author Topic: Living Memory  (Read 16019 times)

Offline Sanochka

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Living Memory
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 01:10:07 AM »
By coincidence, I read an article in the newspaper about the woman I mentioned above.  She's Emma Morano and lives in Italy.  She was born in November 1899, making her 115 years old.  She would have been 18 when the IF were murdered.  According to the article, she is spry and has her faculties about her.

According to the same article, there are four more people older than Emma, with the oldest born in 1898. 

I think it's wonderful that there are still people alive who were around before July 16, 1918, especially people who were old enough to be aware of the world around them.  So long as they breath, the IF will remain in within living memory.  (I just can't put my finger on why it's so important.)

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 05:57:04 AM »
4 years ago  died the great-great-grand-mother of my children by paternal line. She was born in Bessarabia in the Russian Empire. She remembered the day when Nicholas II came to Kichinev; the crowd singing. She was a young girl. Though there is absolutly nothing particular in the remembering of a little peasant girl, I always found this fascinating to have by hand a person who actually experiment these minutes.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 01:13:35 AM »
It's possible.

Apparently the last surviving member of the Confederate Army lived until 1959.
Cats: You just gotta love them!