Author Topic: Parallels between Rasputin and Lyndon Baines Johnson  (Read 67799 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Parallels between Rasputin and Lyndon Baines Johnson
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 06:39:44 PM »
While Rasputin was against war during WW I he supported the Russian war effort and wanted Russia to win.  The book "Rasputin and the Jews" which deals with Rasputin and this subject ect says Rasputins advise to Nicholas was usually sound. in one case Rasputin advised not to call up more reservists until after they helped get the harvest in. he also pointed out there were no way to equip the men if they were called up. Note: the are reports of military officials complaining of troops being called up but the don't have the means to equip, clothe , house or feed them.

Some comments on Alexandra's 25 Sep/8 Oct 1916 letter:
...Paul told me about interesting letters fr. Rauch & Rilsky;-& fr. others I have heard-& all say the same thing, that it is a second Verdun, we are sacrificing 1000 of lives for nothing, pure obstinacy. Oh, give your order again to Brussilov-stop this useless slaughter-the younger ones feel their chiefs have neither any faith of success there- why repeat the madness of the Germans at Verdun. Yr plane so wise, approved by our Friend-... t(note the spellings are hers not mine)

Paul Grand Duke Paul former commander of the I Guards Corps
Rauch General commander of the II Guards corps
Rilsky Chief of staff of the I Guards Corps
"others" there were wounded from the Guards at Petrograd according to Olga Ns diary

I would say these men told her about the conditions at the front. Many Guards officers were furious on how the Guards were slaughtered in one ineptly launched attack after another in the swamps around Kovel and know doubt they7 told her about this. Many historians tend to agree with this but the battle continued.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
Doctor Botkin's comment on Rasputin's murder: " What Yussopov actually has done is to fire the first shot of the revolution. He has showed others the way-when a demand is not granted, take the law in your own hands and shoot."

Other have said that the shots that killed Rasputin also killed the Russian Empire.

Olga N a rather intelligent young woman. Would have agreed with this. Rasputin's murder seems to have shook her up. She knew the state of the Empire at this time. She also knew her parents were hated. Olga also knew what people were saying about Rasputin. There had been attempts to kill Rasputin before So I would say his murder didn't come as a total surprise to her. What  possibly upset her the most was her own relatives Dmitri P and Yussopov murdered him in a rather grizzly manner. The weeks that followed must have been really tense for her worrying that her father or mother or both would be murdered. She possibly may have been slightly relieved to hear that her father abdicated.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
Perhaps "The Dark Side of Camelot" wasn't the best source in the world. it was the last book I have read on this subject. I am old enough to remember when this stuff started coming out in the 1970s. I have read up on it time to time.

This is from the book "It Didn't Start With Watergate"

On Giancana  "..who had awesome pollitical power in Chicago and its environs,..."  He boasted of using this power to elect JFK. "Which may be one of the reasons why, despite some FBI harassment the strong-arm man led a some what charmed life during the Kennedy years. Another reason, of course, was involvement with the CIA in the Kennedy endorsed plot to "snuff" Castro."
This book also talks about LBJs involvement in massive vote fraud during the 1960 election in Texas (other sources back this up including Richard Nixon. It also deals with LBJs actions against the anti war groups, Radical groups, and blacks using the FBI and CIA among other things.

As for Parr he was pretty much above the law while LBJ was in Washington. When LBJ left office he was without a protector. The IRS came after him he was convicted but didn't like the idea of going to jail so committed suicide. I was living in Texas at the time and am old enough to remember this and it's aftermath.

Offline Nictionary

• I cannot live without books. - Thomas Jefferson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
Doctor Botkin's comment on Rasputin's murder: " What Yussopov actually has done is to fire the first shot of the revolution. He has showed others the way-when a demand is not granted, take the law in your own hands and shoot."

Other have said that the shots that killed Rasputin also killed the Russian Empire.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  "Rasputin was a symptom rather than a cause of the regime's disarray and ill repute, and after the initial and macabre rejoicing which had greeted the assassination, most thinking Russians reached the same conclusion."(Adam Ulam, Russia's Failed Revolutions).    The Revolution almost certainly would have happened even if Rasputin had lived.  (This is discounting Rasputin's alleged prophecy, which has already been discussed elsewhere, to which let everyone ascribe the faith and merit they choose).

General Spiridovich claimed that Olga N. always "instinctively sensed there was something bad in Rasputin."

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein

Offline Nictionary

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 12:35:53 AM »
"It Didn't Start With Watergate"

As a conservative columnist, Lasky was inclined to be prejudiced against liberal Democrats like Kennedy and Johnson.  I'm not saying he was a bad journalist, but he came to the table with his own biases

More on Giancana:
Robert Kennedy singled him out as a target in his war on organized crime.  In 1963, the FBI put Giancana's home under 24-hour surveillance; agents even tailed him on the golf course.

LBJs involvement in massive vote fraud during the 1960 election in Texas  

Nixon's defenders like to argue the election was stolen because they think it diminishes Watergate.  Indeed, during Watergate Nixon often cited Kennedy's misdeeds as precedent.  Republicans tried and failed to overturn the election results in both Illinois and Texas at the time.  Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. argued that Kennedy's margin in Texas (46,000 votes) was simply too large for vote fraud to have been a decisive factor.  Russell D. Renka, a former political science professor at Southeastern Missouri State University, acknowledged that it was more than likely that Johnson's political machine in the state's lower Rio Grande Valley counties, including the notorious Duval County, could have managed to produce a significant number of forged votes for Kennedy.  However, Renka also acknowledged that Kennedy's margin in the state's initial tally made it far too difficult to prove that voter fraud had determined who won Texas and that any recount would've also been hard to conduct.  

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein

Offline Nictionary

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 12:39:41 AM »
LBJs actions against the anti war groups, Radical groups, and blacks using the FBI and CIA among other things.

MHCHAOS and COINTELPRO are shining examples of what our intelligence agencies should be doing, although the latter program did eventually spiral out of control.  People think these programs were an aberration, but Johnson's actions were not without precedent.

During the Civil War, Lincoln instituted new passport regulations for travelers to and from foreign countries, blockaded Southern ports, suspended habeas corpus, and issued orders to arrest and detain individuals suspected of being engaged in treasonable practices.  Many of these measures were accomplished without any legal authority from Congress.  Lincoln saw military tribunals as the answer to jailing those supporting the South through words and deeds who might otherwise be set free by a civil court by invoking the 1st Amendment.  One might say that Lincoln's actions had no bearing on conditions in the nation in the '60's and '70's.  But Lincoln's actions resulted in Congress amending the Oath of Allegiance to include the words "and to support, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies whether domestic or foreign." Notice that the oath places domestic ahead of foreign enemies.

James Madison wrote, "Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad."

After President McKinley was assassinated by an anarchist in 1901, a series of measures were instituted to stamp out the leftist revolutionary movement.  Theodore Roosevelt said, "When compared with the suppression of anarchy, every other question sinks into insignificance.  The anarchist is the enemy of all mankind, for his is a deeper degree of criminality than any others." This policy was expanded under President Wilson in his efforts to quell domestic dissent during WWI.  Today Wilson is considered a champion of American ideals.  So it's no surprise when he wrote a memo to the Office of Naval Intelligence in August 1913 in which he directed ONI to investigate un-American ideology.  In 1915 he gave the same task to the Army.  So in essence, Wilson wanted the military to decide who was a pure American, and what the attributes of an un-American organization were.   Wilson later used his AG to institute the Palmer Red Raids, under the aegis of the Espionage and Sedition Acts, which branded anyone who was against the war as pro-German.  The Espionage Act was ostensibly a measure to strike at illegal interference in the war effort, but it was so worded that it could and was used to stamp out radical criticism of the war.  The Sedition Act of 1918 was a less subtle device; its purpose was to undercut both the performance and accuracy of undesirable activity.  It was a clear indication that people were utilizing speech as a means of gaining improper ends and had to be restricted.

We could easily insert the anti-Vietnam War demonstrations and the bombings that occured in the late '60's and early '70's into the above paragraphs because of the similarities.  Let's take a look at the situation in America in the late '60's.  When MHCHAOS started in 1967, SDS, the Black Panther Party, and various other Marxist and violence-prone groups were causing havoc in the nation through racial and political rioting.  You had bombings, assassinations and hijackings.  These were not the innocent Americans Frank Church and everyone else later said they were.  These were hijackers, cop-killers, bombers, violent agitators, and self-proclaimed revolutionaries, people we would characterize as terrorists today.  They were not the peace-loving people we think of.  

LBJ was concerned about foreign influence in the antiwar movement.  Peaceful marches were turning violent, and there were riots and bombings.  Johnson suspected that these activities had to be coordinated, and he thought Communist professionals had to be behind it, because he didn't believe that America's youth, with its inexperience and na´vete, could be the driving force.

The Supreme Court ruled in a decision that the inherent powers of the President are said to flow from provisions of the President's constitutional oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.  Under Title III, U.S. Code, Section 301, the President is authorized to name an empowered head of any agency in the executive branch to perform without approval any function which is invested in the President by law.  For those who say that the FBI and CIA shouldn't have done anything until there was a violation of some law, that is like saying a doctor shouldn't treat a cancer patient until after they're dead.   Or as Judge Prettyman wrote in Barsky v. U.S.: "In the court's view, it would be sheer folly as a matter of government policy for an existing government to refrain from inquiry into potential threats to its existence and security until danger was clear and present."

Albert Einstein

Offline Nictionary

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
The CIA wouldn't have been interested in any of these radicals if they hadn't started going overseas.  There was the creation of the Venceremos Brigade by the Weathermen.  It was ostensibly to go and cut sugarcane in Cuba.  So there were hundreds of Americans going to Cuba, and it was reported that these young people were indoctrinated in Marxism and inundated in pro-Castro propaganda.  It was also reported that selected members of each group that went to Cuba were trained by Cuban intelligence to gather intel on various subjects in the U.S., as well as in guerrilla warfare and terrorism.  So it was natural that the CIA and FBI would be interested.  When the Weathermen took control of SDS, Mark Rudd became its leader; he later became a fugitive from justice.  The Weathermen claimed responsibility for a series of bombings that killed innocent people and caused millions of dollars of property damage.  

The Black Panther Party was one of the most violent groups targeted by MHCHAOS and COINTELPRO.  Huey Newton did time in connection with the killing of an Oakland cop.  The BPP's official newspaper, "The Black Panther," stated that the BPP advocated the use of guns and guerrilla tactics as part of its revolutionary program to end oppression of blacks.  Residents of the black community were urged to arm themselves against the police who were consistently referred to in the publication as "pigs" who should be killed.

"The Black Panther" issue of September 7, 1968 contained an editorial by BPP Minister of Education, George Murray, which ended with the following:
"Black men.  Black people, colored people of America, revolt everywhere: Arm yourselves.  The only culture worth keeping is a revolutionary culture.  Change.  Freedom everywhere.  Dynamite: Black Power.  Use the gun.  Kill the pigs everywhere."

Included in the intro to an article appearing in the October 5, 1968 edition of "The Black Panther" was the statement, ".....we will not dissent from American Government.  We will overthrow it."

Issues of "The Black Panther" regularly contained quotes from Mao and featured Mao's statement "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Eldridge Cleaver landed in Cuba, where he decided that he was going to take a page from Che Guevara and Castro and return to the U.S. clandestinely, go up into the Rockies and lead a guerrilla war against the U.S. from there.  Naturally the Cubans didn't want this because they feared it would trigger a U.S. invasion, so they gave him a false passport and sent him to Algiers, where he opened an office.  From Algiers, Cleaver traveled to North Korea, North Vietnam and China.  When some other Panthers arrived in Algiers, Cleaver took responsibility for them.  A couple of these Panthers were hijackers.  Cleaver apparently murdered one of the other Panthers whom he suspected of having an affair with his wife.

MHCHAOS started under Johnson and continued under Nixon.  COINTELPRO started in 1956 under Eisenhower and lasted until 1971.  COINTELPRO targeted a wide range of groups across the ideological spectrum from the above-mentioned antiwar and black organizations to the KKK and American Nazi Party.

As far as George Parr, frankly it would have been difficult if not impossible at that time for someone who wished to rise in Texas politics to do so without Parr's backing.

Albert Einstein

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »
We will never know what Olga knew and thought about Rasputin. While he looks in some photos like someone you would not want to run into in a back ally all 5 of the children were found to be wearing amulets given to them by him so it looks like they didn't reguard him as bad. I also don't think OTMAA saw Rasputin that much. Olga mentions him only once in her 1914-1917 diaries before he was murdered. I understand OTMAA like to listen to Rasputin tell stories about his travels and Russian folk tales with their parents in the room.
 Olga did read the newspapers of the time, but was smart enough to realize. That Russian papers of the period weren't know for their accuracy. She also probably saw some of the anti-government, anti-Rasputin ect. propaganda of which there was a lot floating around back then. There were also people who probably told her about what people said and thought about Rasputin. Then she had her parents tell her that all the bad things said about Rasputin weren't true. Note Rasputin always behaved himself when he was around the IF. If some told Olga about Rasputin's drinking and womanizing ect. She probably would have said isn't this  what Russian men do like Dmitri P and her father when he was young and single. Note Rasputin went on the wagon for a year or two before he was wounded in a 1914 assassination attempt. I would also say olga was brought up to what was right and wrong and from her point of view killing Rasputin was wrong.

As for It Didn't Start With Watergate I am old enough to remember Watergate I heard a lot of:
People on TV saying how shocked! shocked! they were with Watergate
evil King Richard (As in Richard III)
Members of the mainstream media throwing darts at a picture of Nixon in convict stripes
How great JFK was
What a great president Ted "crash" Kennedy would have been

I was also brought up on how crooked LBJ was.

George Parr did fear the Texas Rangers as well as federal agents

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
On a out of town trip I found a copy of "Education of A Princess" by Maria P the younger. She writes that she her father GD Paul A and her brother Dimitri P never met Rasputin pages 240-1. Also in the book she mentions coming under attack by a Zeppelin in Insterberg pages 182-4. This could be the ZIV which is the only Zeppelin that bombed this town.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »
More on LBJ:

I think I saw R Caro on TV some years ago saying that Life Magazine was working on an article on LBJs money when JFK was assassinated. After they heard LBJ was President they destroyed the story. one wonders what was in it. I understand about a week before JFK was killed a Senator said that LBJ was looking depressed and told him JFK was talking about dropping him as Vice President in the 1964 election.

As far as I can tell no one has ever come forward saying Rasputin was the father of their child. There was a woman Madeline Duncan Brown who said she was LBJs mistress and he was the father of her son.

Offline Nictionary

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
If you're insinuating that LBJ had JFK assassinated, when Air Force One was waiting to take off from Love Field, Brigadier General Godfrey McHugh, JFK's Air Force aide, went looking for LBJ and found him sitting in the bathroom crying and muttering "Conspiracy.  Conspiracy."  When McHugh walked in, Johnson looked up and told him, "It's a plot.  They're going to kill us all."  It seems hard to believe that if Johnson had just pulled off the crime of the century and realized his dream of becoming president, he would then hide in the john and cry.  Caro writes that he found nothing in his research suggesting Johnson's involvement.

In fact, Life did publish an article on Johnson's money on August 21, 1964.  The report enraged Johnson, and yet on October 9, 1964, the magazine endorsed him for president, the first time Time Inc. had done so for a Democrat.

Madeleine Duncan Brown's allegations have never been corroborated by DNA testing.  As far as I know, LBJ was never accused of attempted rape, the way that a nun accused Rasputin in 1911.  When Bishop Germogen confronted Rasputin with the story, Rasputin admitted it, whereupon Germogen beat him.  When Rasputin told N&A his version of the story, Germogen was suddenly and mysteriously expelled from the Holy Synod and ordered into seclusion in a monastery.

Albert Einstein

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
LBJ once said except for his wife he didn't trust a soul and once said "Sometimes I'm not sure about her"

JFK and RFK too put it mildly didn't like LBJ and LBJ to put it mildly didn't like JFK and RFK either. The list of people who had motive and means to kill JFK and RFK is really long. There are a lot of account and evidence that has come out over the years that Oswald did not act alone. This is one case were we may never know the full story.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 05:35:31 PM »
I have some other comments errata ect:

LBJ was the president of the US. Rasputin was the last of the Russian Courts "Holy Fools"

Nicholas thought about making A.N. Khvostov Minister of the Interior in 1911 according to the book "The Last Tsar" Oldenberg. Instead it went to A.A. Makarov.

Rasputin it appears didn't think all that highly of Sturmer or Protopopov

The Okhrana  did spy on the Duma and had a good idea what was going on there.. No doubt Nicholas probably received this information and knew what sort of man Protopopov really was. This probably the main reason why Nicholas made him Minister of the Interior. No doubt Sturmer and Khvostov also went through similar background checks before they were appointed.

From awhile back you don't hunt from a aircraft in the US unless you want your plane confiscated and getting jailed. Note in the US today states are drawing up regulations concerning the use of drones to spot game ect.